Tips for people getting surgery alone?

I did my surgeries alone my first time, and it's doable. But my second time, I actually hired a translator for my surgery-date, and it made such a huge difference! They watched over me after I finished surgery, helped pick up my meds, gave me water while I was lying in bed recovering, and then dropped me off at my AirBNB vs without the translator, I had a cruddy time with the pharmacy being closed when my surgery finished and wobbling back to my hotel. So if you're doing surgery alone here, I really recommend hiring the translator I used (his kakao id is spqq). Just don't book him on my next surgery date T__T

Hello, Quesarito! Thank you for sharing your experience! May I ask if your translator helped you on your consultation days as well? I have been having a dilemma whether to hire a translator or to just go alone since it seems like most clinics have their own translators anyways but I've read many good reviews about great experience from hiring a translator so I'm going to try contacting some of them. Thank you for sharing his ID! :smile: May I know what his name is, too? Thank you!

Hello, Quesarito! Thank you for sharing your experience! May I ask if your translator helped you on your consultation days as well? I have been having a dilemma whether to hire a translator or to just go alone since it seems like most clinics have their own translators anyways but I've read many good reviews about great experience from hiring a translator so I'm going to try contacting some of them. Thank you for sharing his ID! :smile: May I know what his name is, too? Thank you!
Yes, they help on consultation days! I usually bring my own translator, even if there is an in-house translator because your translator works as your advocate. They're incentivized to help you while the in-house translator is incentivized to help the clinic. His name is Jude!

I did my surgeries alone my first time, and it's doable. But my second time, I actually hired a translator for my surgery-date, and it made such a huge difference! They watched over me after I finished surgery, helped pick up my meds, gave me water while I was lying in bed recovering, and then dropped me off at my AirBNB vs without the translator, I had a cruddy time with the pharmacy being closed when my surgery finished and wobbling back to my hotel. So if you're doing surgery alone here, I really recommend hiring the translator I used (his kakao id is spqq). Just don't book him on my next surgery date T__T

I'm going for surgery in February
I didn't think of hiring a translator but after reading your story I think it might give me more piece of mind. I reached out to jude hopefully he'll be available!

Reactions: Quesarito
The Kakao groups are very helpful to meet people also in Korea during the same time you are, to do surgery. I have met many friends this way. Good support group.

I agree with this! I also went to Korea and underwent surgery solo and the Kakao chats and meetups were undeniably valuable and so reassuring throughout the whole process from consultation to recovery.

I also agree with what Quesarito said in hiring a translator. I hired a different one, and I am so glad I did because they provided the assurance and comfort I needed should anything have gone wrong. Luckily, I didn't need them for this.

For future surgeries, I think I'd prefer to go solo (and/or hire a translator) instead of going with family or friends as that might be more stressful trying to coordinate travel and plan activities together, haha.

i always do it alone. its no problem. I actually prefer doing it alone than with someone else. When im all swollen and recovering, i prefer to be super low key, wear my face mask go out shopping and trying street food/restaurants then coming home and chill. Im not in a social mood nor am i talkative whilst recovering, because well.....most of the time i just wanna sleep lol. I've done pretty much every procedure you can imagine too: zygoma, mandible, fat graft, double eyelid, rhino, concentric malar lift, smas lift, breast, bbl, lower blehpharoplasty, elasticum neck lift etc etc etc. Never had any issues taking care of myself. Just stock up your fridge for the first 2 -3 days post op. thats all
Wow so many experiences you have!! so astonished by your braveness and boldness. Now that it feels like I'm getting more encouragement.

I'm having issue with user registration on Kakao talk via IOS platform. It required Korean information which I don't have. Did anyone run into the same issue? Thank so you have
I'm having issue with user registration on Kakao talk via IOS platform. It required Korean information which I don't have. Did anyone run into the same issue? Thanks
Do you have an iPhone? I don’t have citizenship but am half Korean & registering was easy. Perhaps restrictions have tightened—can you explain the issue, perhaps someone can help? Had to postpone my surgery as I decided to have my nose done in Cali first (accident during pandemic, I have a more Caucasian-type nose and it needs to be telegenic)