The Bbag Chat Room

Hi all. I was wondering if the Men vs Women Neo Classic are the same? Other than the size differences, isn’t it pretty much the same? I’m hoping one of you could enlighten me on this. Tysm! ♡

PS: If I’m posting this in the wrong place pls redirect me to where I should be at.

Last edited:
this person is at it again. ughhh.

to be clear, I don't have anything against tie-dye or versions of "upcycling" secondhand and vintage goods or even fashion items as art, but I think the "customization" and "hand-painting by an artist" should be commissioned by an end user and not dictated by a business.
Does she actually end up selling any of these? Sigh.

@earswithfeet and @IntheOcean you were discussing current Bal prices on the older bags. Prices have recently climbed back to where they were a few years ago. The last 3 or so years have been a buyers market but I can remember paying over 1K for some of the older bags. (I think I remember selling my eggplant City for about $1200).
Not many years ago some of these oldies wouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes before someone snatched them up at higher prices than they are now. There seem to be more of them listed lately too.

@earswithfeet and @IntheOcean you were discussing current Bal prices on the older bags. Prices have recently climbed back to where they were a few years ago. The last 3 or so years have been a buyers market but I can remember paying over 1K for some of the older bags. (I think I remember selling my eggplant City for about $1200).
Not many years ago some of these oldies wouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes before someone snatched them up at higher prices than they are now. There seem to be more of them listed lately too.
I got great prices on all my Bals from 2016 to 2020. None were over $400. I've never bought a city. Maybe they are more desirable than other styles.

• Insightful
Reactions: IntheOcean
I remember a time when the resale prices of Bal bags were insane. It was a feeding frenzy when unicorns popped up on eBay on auction. I’ve noticed that prices have gone back up but not as nuts back in its heyday. I think what’s harder now too is not just the rare colour and coveted seasons but condition comes into play.

Maybe the prices will cool its jets again. At least I hope so. I’m nowhere near done and still have a number of HGs I’d like to own... eventually. I’m playing the long game. ❤️

Agree! As more time passes the availability of the sought after vintage bags slows down. There are fewer in circulation and even less in decent condition.

Buyers did have a couple of years of super low prices for rare bags. It coincided with a general drop in interest in older Bals. That situation may come around again but odds of finding that special one in good condition get greater with each cycle.

I guess all this is to explain why I tend to spend too much, if that twenty year old bag I’ve been hunting pops up. :yahoo:

Agree! As more time passes the availability of the sought after vintage bags slows down. There are fewer in circulation and even less in decent condition.

Buyers did have a couple of years of super low prices for rare bags. It coincided with a general drop in interest in older Bals. That situation may come around again but odds of finding that special one in good condition get greater with each cycle.

I guess all this is to explain why I tend to spend too much, if that twenty year old bag I’ve been hunting pops up. :yahoo:
Makes perfect sense to me!

So just wondering, does anyone have a comparison of the 2005 indigo versus 2004 dark turquoise? Also did any of the dark turquoise bags come with hardware other than pewter? I saw a bag online and thought it may have been dark turquoise, but it had an “A” tag and came with a paper tag that said 2004. Since the paper tag doesn’t match the metal one, I was thinking that either they mixed up the tag or that the bag is actually indigo… I have a photo if needed.

So just wondering, does anyone have a comparison of the 2005 indigo versus 2004 dark turquoise? Also did any of the dark turquoise bags come with hardware other than pewter? I saw a bag online and thought it may have been dark turquoise, but it had an “A” tag and came with a paper tag that said 2004. Since the paper tag doesn’t match the metal one, I was thinking that either they mixed up the tag or that the bag is actually indigo… I have a photo if needed.
It's indigo, I never put too much faith in paper tags.