Help!! Buy Padded Cassette Now Or Hold Out?

Hmmm, just thinking aloud, I wonder if the Italist would be prepared to give me a further discount on the bag with all of the defects. I’d almost be tempted to keep it if they were prepared to do that. But it would need to be a fairly significant discount. Is that a crazy notion or worth suggesting to them?
If you're looking for a significant discount, I think you would be better off holding out for one in excellent condition on the resale market. The bag you received looked damaged, and if it were me, it would bother me every time I wore it, regardless of discount.

Hmmm, just thinking aloud, I wonder if the Italist would be prepared to give me a further discount on the bag with all of the defects. I’d almost be tempted to keep it if they were prepared to do that. But it would need to be a fairly significant discount. Is that a crazy notion or worth suggesting to them?

I’d try it, why not? What are the defects?

I’d try it, why not? What are the defects?
Some cracked glazing along the strap is the main one, along with some sort of shiny residue on the strap and a white mark on the back. (I put pics up in the recent purchases thread).
I’m actually boxing up the bag for the return now, but feeling so sad because the Italist have none left in their sale and there are no other travertine cassettes available anywhere at that price. I really love the bag!!!

Some cracked glazing along the strap is the main one, along with some sort of shiny residue on the strap and a white mark on the back. (I put pics up in the recent purchases thread).
I’m actually boxing up the bag for the return now, but feeling so sad because the Italist have none left in their sale and there are no other travertine cassettes available anywhere at that price. I really love the bag!!!
I wish the Cassette you received from Italist did not have so many flaws, but the right one will come along. I will keep an eye out for any sales or preowned ones in excellent condition and let you know. Fortunately, with the holidays coming up, you may luck out and find one on sale sooner rather than later.

I wish the Cassette you received from Italist did not have so many flaws, but the right one will come along. I will keep an eye out for any sales or preowned ones in excellent condition and let you know. Fortunately, with the holidays coming up, you may luck out and find one on sale sooner rather than later.
Thank you :smile:

Get the padded, i have to say it is one of the most gorgeous bags in person. I was worried it might not be classic but it is- I get more compliments on that black bag than some others I’ve had . I alternate between the padded and my Chanel 19 and I love them both. The padded cassette is edgy so depends on your style but it’s a great everyday bag to look chic. Also yes it’s lambskin but it’s durable-I’m hard on my bags and have a toddler and this is holding up well

After a bit of advice please. I have a black padded cassette in the lambskin and my friend is selling a teal in the paper calfskin, which I'm tempted to get and sell my black. Does anyone have any experience re the durability or the padded cassette in the calfskin? Many thanks in advance.

That's such a bummer. I got a Teen Jodie from Italist and it came in perfect condition and I'm so happy - but that stinks! Hope the return goes well!

That's such a bummer. I got a Teen Jodie from Italist and it came in perfect condition and I'm so happy - but that stinks! Hope the return goes well!
The return went really well, just an absolute bummer that I missed out on the bag at that great price!! Glad your Teen Jodie worked out well.

Reactions: Megs
Thanks for the advice. After some days really thinking about it, I’ve decided that for the reasons I initially wanted a new crossbody, the non-padded cassette is actually way more suitable. More low key, more practical to get in and out of, etc. The Italist has the Travertine non-padded on sale right now for around $2700 AUD so overall just makes more sense than spending close to double that on the padded. (That said they also have the padded for about $4300 but that’s still a lot). I’d be very open to buying a padded preloved down the track.
I actually went into the store last night and tried both on, they each have a fairly different vibe so not an easy decision for me, but when I think about it logically the non padded just makes more sense overall.
View attachment 5633803
I prefer the padded cassette on you. It’s a sexy bag where as the non padded version is just meh.

Reactions: Pkac
The return went really well, just an absolute bummer that I missed out on the bag at that great price!! Glad your Teen Jodie worked out well.
I'm sorry you got a defective bag, but it's great to know that the return went well. I've ordered from Italist before, but never returned anything. They say on their website that they don't refund duties and taxes, which is super annoying and the reason why I only order from them something I intend to keep 100%. Did you get the full refund from them?