Chanel in Singapore

Hello!! Is it okay if I ask how you managed to purchase the bag with your youtrip card?
I rmb youtrip having a cap of 3k. Am going to Japan soon too so I'm rly hoping to be able to get a bag! Thank you.
Hi! I split the transaction :smile: I paid 5k in yen inside the youtrip and balance in cash. You can top up more, the limit is just 5k inside the card at any time, excluding pending transactions.

omg guys did anyone face leather peeling issue with their chanel 19???? :sad:(( feeling quite upset because i did not bring her out ever since i got it back from the repair.......im speechless at their quality

View attachment 5650005

View attachment 5650006
I'm sorry this happened! My aunt got the exact same bag in June from London boutique and last week she showed me there were peelings as well when we met. And she said that day was the 2nd time she wore it out.

• Wow
Reactions: rainbowneko
Hope you'll get the items in your wishlist! Jiayou everyone who aims on 23C hehe!

I'm on a break from Chanel cos I can't get anything I asked for since the start of this year. I'm so put off already. Gonna focus my spending on my next Rolex watch instead!
I can’t never get from my wishlist too. Always got to do walk in and try my luck.

Rolex sounds like an idea for me haha

Reactions: twinkleAA
I'm sorry this happened! My aunt got the exact same bag in June from London boutique and last week she showed me there were peelings as well when we met. And she said that day was the 2nd time she wore it out.
Thanks for sharing with my dear!! i thought im the unlucky one. I feel that the leather used for 22A caramel bags/SLGS was flawed. Did your aunt manage to send for repair?

omg guys did anyone face leather peeling issue with their chanel 19???? :sad:(( feeling quite upset because i did not bring her out ever since i got it back from the repair.......im speechless at their quality

View attachment 5650005

View attachment 5650006
@rainbowneko , really sorry to hear about this and for a new bag at that price point, will u be bringing this back to the boutique for a look at? I got the same model n haven't been using it n I m definitely going to baby this one for sure. Do u think this is bonded leather or its just painted on leather , like what was extensively discussed in the other thread of Channel 19 leather tote bag, the chain strap having similar peelings?

Chanel has been quite the bad a*** when it comes to returning popular colours , and they seem to know that consumers will still buy no matter what. I also noticed this pattern across a few bag designs like the classic , trendy cc etc

U know there has been rumours circulating ( Super Dacobs most recent video) that Chanel might be sold n has currently halted production? Are the Weithermer brothers getting advanced in years without younger generation heir apparent, are they see rocky future for luxury like unknow chinaarlet is slowing down, unstable geopolitical situation etc?)

Anyone has further scoops on this? It does seem to be in line with the long discussion in another thread on the books of Chanel n it's financial standings that the behaviour of Chanel who has been on recent years of raising hefty prices yet the quality has gone southwards, suggesting that the profits r not reinvested n channelled into quality control depts etc but the increase in prices is simply to boost up its bottom line to increase company valuation. If they r indeed reinvesting back into the company, it is into other revenue generating product lines like rtw, watches n beauty.

This increased in company valuation, can go both ways, either stave off vultures as the company becomes too expensive at that price tag of over $100 billion dollars ( btw this price tag was suggested by LVMH ) for any company to swallow OR only the largest competing luxury house like LVMH or Hermes has potential of acquiring Chanel. Is LVMH going to be the potential buyer? At the current trend of forever boosting bottom line n increase in prices without corresponding improvement in quality, only consumers r at the losing end .

If Chanel does get sold, I hope the new owner can relook at this disappointing trend of consumers unhappiness over their quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: rainbowneko
@rainbowneko , really sorry to hear about this and for a new bag at that price point, will u be bringing this back to the boutique for a look at? I got the same model n haven't been using it n I m definitely going to baby this one for sure. Do u think this is bonded leather or its just painted on leather , like what was extensively discussed in the other thread of Channel 19 leather tote bag, the chain strap having similar peelings?

Chanel has been quite the bad a*** when it comes to returning popular colours , and they seem to know that consumers will still buy no matter what. I also noticed this pattern across a few bag designs like the classic , trendy cc etc

U know there has been rumours circulating ( Super Dacobs most recent video) that Chanel might be sold n has currently halted production? Are the Weithermer brothers getting advanced in years without younger generation heir apparent, are they see rocky future for luxury like unknow chinaarlet is slowing down, unstable geopolitical situation etc?)

Anyone has further scoops on this? It does seem to be in line with the long discussion in another thread on the books of Chanel n it's financial standings that the behaviour of Chanel who has been on recent years of raising hefty prices yet the quality has gone southwards, suggesting that the profits r not reinvested n channelled into quality control depts etc but the increase in prices is simply to boost up its bottom line to increase company valuation. If they r indeed reinvesting back into the company, it is into other revenue generating product lines like rtw, watches n beauty.

This increased in company valuation, can go both ways, either stave off vultures as the company becomes too expensive at that price tag of over $100 billion dollars ( btw this price tag was suggested by LVMH ) for any company to swallow OR only the largest competing luxury house like LVMH or Hermes has potential of acquiring Chanel. Is LVMH going to be the potential buyer? At the current trend of forever boosting bottom line n increase in prices without corresponding improvement in quality, only consumers r at the losing end .

If Chanel does get sold, I hope the new owner can relook at this disappointing trend of consumers unhappiness over their quality.
Hey @PurseCloset! I did send back my c19 to the boutique today. This is my personal opinion on the "leather peeling", you know the usual lambskin texture right e.g. the small lambskin pouch from their fine jewelry, or even lambskin used on their wallet as the interior material. However for the c19, like what others have mentioned, chanel could (possibly) use a special coating for the lambskin. I believe its the same special coated lambskin leather used for chanel 19 tote and chanel 22 as well. I feel that the coating is sort of disrupting the natural lambskin properties. What I noted was that the part that the leather peeling (or should i say coating peeling, maybe the coating "eats" the leather paint when it came off??) lead to more exposure to wear and tear and continuous rubbing against the "coatless" area will be ended up eating away the paint resulting the internal leather colour being exposed which is white (the reason, why is white, is because fashion companies usually use chrome tanned leather). If the coating wasn't used and assuming they used higher quality lambskin leather (pre covid days), at most its scruffing which is reasonable to me as compared to coating peeling off (which can form ugly patches all over, think of PU leather).

Here are some more pictures that the leather coating is "breaking" >> highly due to the chains rubbing against the area.

I have watched Super Dacob video, I can't comment on the Chanel that is allegedly being sold but the price increase really do impact customers' psychological behaviours for fomo on buying chanel products. Another reason they increased price hefty could be that they are expecting an upcoming economic recession and they would want to be prepared to have sufficient cashflows to tide the recession. If they happened to be sold and the new owner is looking into ways to improve the product quality, there will be a problem with the pre-loved market because people would just ditch the 2020-22 products which might reduce the reselling value in the market, just my 2 cents. You're right, we are the losing end parties.

photo_2022-11-12_16-36-34.jpg

photo_2022-11-12_16-36-29.jpg

Thanks for sharing with my dear!! i thought im the unlucky one. I feel that the leather used for 22A caramel bags/SLGS was flawed. Did your aunt manage to send for repair?
She's new to Chanel and that was her first ever. I felt so bad for her to have that experience. I advised her to bring it in to get checked. I supposed she'll bring in soon.

She's new to Chanel and that was her first ever. I felt so bad for her to have that experience. I advised her to bring it in to get checked. I supposed she'll bring in soon.
I'm sorry to hear that... better to bring in asap because repairing would take at least a month or two.
Would appreciate if you can share any updates here in the future! At least i know that i'm not the only one that owns a problematic 22A C19 bag :smile:

Reactions: PurseCloset