Love bracelet pain

StephKZ

Jul 23, 2010
I’ve had my love bracelet for 2 years. Since I got it it has caused pain in my wrist off and on. I’ve gone to CArtier multiple times to discuss it and I can’t return / exchange it and have been assured multiple times it’s the correct size. Lately the pain in my wrist has become so bad I can’t stand to use my left hand or bend my wrist and the pain has begun shooting up to my elbow and shoulder. Within a few days of taking the bracelet off the pain subsides, but begins again when putting it back on. My husband is upset because it was a 10 year anniversary gift that he saved up for but I just can’t handle the pain any longer. My SA said she’s never heard of anyone having discomfort from theirs. Am I the only one? I’m so depressed about it.

Do you get pain from wearing other bracelets, watch, etc on that wrist? I have worn my YG Cartier Love bracelet for about 7 years without ever taking it off and never had pain. Were you fitted for the correct size? Maybe it is too tight and rubs on the wrist bone?

How tight is it? I second the question about your wrist bone. Can you show us a pic?

I also wonder if it is something going on at night when you sleep maybe? I would buy a wrist band (think old 80s workout video) and put it over the bracelet to hold it in a spot on your arm where it isn’t impeding your wrist for a few nights, see if that helps.

I think it might be compressing the nerve cause carpel tunnel syndromes I wear it on my left (non dominant) hand. It is a size 16. My wrist measures 14.5 cm I tried it on my right wrist, but that wrist is quite a bit bigger so I’d doesn’t fit at all. My husband also bought me a 15 small JUC that just sits in my jewelry box because it can’t be returned either. I don’t know how to sell them. I’m so upset and I know my husband will be very upset as well.

• Sad
Reactions: JulieKat
Have you thought about having Cartier make it a bigger size? I know its not the most cost efficient but at least you could keep your sentimental bracelet and maybe the bigger size wouldn’t press on your nerve. Good luck on your decision on what to do with the bracelet.
Yes even if it’s technically the right size, it’s not working for you so perhaps it can be somehow enlarged.
Otherwise, truly I think you should sell both bracelets and buy a new gift that won’t hurt you.
I think the sentimental factor will end up wearing away because it will be that bracelet that causes you pain.

I had a similar issue where I thought wearing my (small) love bracelet was causing pain. I ended up switching wrists. Since that isn’t really an option for you, can you consider taking a break for a few weeks and reevaluating?

Hopefully your husband understands, or maybe you can reserve the bracelet for very special occasions?

Reactions: hhw and JulieKat
I'm so sorry to hear this! I have heard of someone saying their love causes them arm pain. Maybe titi summer on youtube? She sized up on her regular love too. It must be something with the nerves.

Assuming that you have tried all possible options (without having to shell out the extra $) without success I can see that you are still uncomfortable and in pain.:sad: And honestly, it's not worth it to deal with.

If you have any children (or plan to), there is that possibility of keeping it for them.

However, if there is no other reason to want to keep the bracelets, I think it's time to sit down with your husband and talk about it. Him being upset should not override nor disregard your discomfort and pain. Emphasize that his gesture is still very much loved and appreciated by you and that the fact that the bracelets did not work out is no one's fault. Make it clear that you understand how important the gift is to him but also to you. That this is not you making a light or spontaneous decision; that you tried everything you could think of and thought about this long and hard. And this isn't how either of you wanted it to turn out.
I know you feel bad but things like this happen and it is okay.:hugs:

Regarding this:
I think it might be compressing the nerve cause carpel tunnel syndromes I wear it on my left (non dominant) hand. It is a size 16. My wrist measures 14.5 cm I tried it on my right wrist, but that wrist is quite a bit bigger so I’d doesn’t fit at all. My husband also bought me a 15 small JUC that just sits in my jewelry box because it can’t be returned either. I don’t know how to sell them. I’m so upset and I know my husband will be very upset as well.
Some things to think about:
- have you ever injured your wrist/hands before? (a fall, an accident, sports, dog bite, etc.)
- do you work in a field that requires you to use your hands a lot (especially in a repetitive motion) like being at a keyboard for long periods of time?
- are there any household chores or anything you do in your daily life that gives you a similar experience?
- like @kimber418 said, is this pain/discomfort directly correlated to only your love bracelet and not also other items (other bracelets, watches) that you wear on that wrist?
- when you sleep, do you sleep on your side? do you move a lot in your sleep? do you tend to sleep on your hands or lean against your wrist in a sleeping position? (this is definitely me, I wake up with marks from my love bracelet)
- In relations to your medical history: do you have a limited range of motion? any history of inflammation in your joints? Any previous surgeries in relations to you hands? (probably unlikely but a standard to ask.)

And when I say think, you don't have to answer on this thread. Just some questions to help trigger your memory or thought process :smile:

Hope that helps, good luck!

I’m so sorry about your pain. I get why your husband would feel upset, but this is not your fault.

Have you mentioned this bracelet issue to a doctor? I would talk to a physician to see if anything can be done (if you need treatment or meds, etc.) before selling your jewelry. Wishing you luck!

Reactions: hhw