Time With a Twist: Reverso Jaeger-LeCoultre Thread

This is my first post (despite joining the forum 8 years ago!), and I thought I'd resurrect this thread to show off my brand new small pink gold Reverso.

I had my eye on this watch for a long time, and going all the way back, I first wanted the pink gold, but then I began to think the SS Duetto would be more universal and less showy (despite the fact that I only wear gold jewelry). While thinking the SS Duetto was a shoe-in, after trying on both, the gold just looked right and so much warmer against my skin tone. My wrist is tiny, and the small, monoface Reverso is the perfect size and thickness. I almost think of it as a hybrid watch/bracelet.

IMG_0739.jpg
IMG_0736.jpg

This is my first post (despite joining the forum 8 years ago!), and I thought I'd resurrect this thread to show off my brand new small pink gold Reverso.

I had my eye on this watch for a long time, and going all the way back, I first wanted the pink gold, but then I began to think the SS Duetto would be more universal and less showy (despite the fact that I only wear gold jewelry). While thinking the SS Duetto was a shoe-in, after trying on both, the gold just looked right and so much warmer against my skin tone. My wrist is tiny, and the small, monoface Reverso is the perfect size and thickness. I almost think of it as a hybrid watch/bracelet.

View attachment 5643774
View attachment 5643779
Congratulations! Beautiful watch!

View attachment 5643774
View attachment 5643779

Congratulations on your watch! :love:

And your fist post :tup:

I love my Reverso. First saw them about twenty years ago and DH told me last year to go and get whichever I liked most. I don't do big watches - just not my style, although I appreciate them on other wrists from mine -so I chose this one . I love how it is a watch with a certain amount of élan; not everybody recognises it but those who do know its pedigree. It's not a screaming bling watch and that is precisely why I adore it!
097d4cfbf17813eb024a2fd26d092887.jpg

This is the same model I have! It's gorgeous! The Reverso Duetto!!

The only thing I don't like about it is that the black side "for night with the diamonds" is super hard to read in the dark!

View attachment 5643774
View attachment 5643779
It is gorgeous and thank you for reviving this thread! It is about time! ( no pun intended) I thought I wanted another watch and then I stumbled onto the reverse right in time for the holidays. Your pictures helped a lot. I hope you are still loving your beautiful piece;)

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
My new JLC Reverso.
I received it this morning and love it so much.
It ticks many boxes for me in terms of design, heritage and it’s under the radar.
I’m feeling very lucky and blessed to own it!
Happy holidays View attachment 5677421
Beautiful! Do you think Reverso with Bracelet strap is too dressy for casual wear like jeans? I have a small lady datejust gold/SS which I hardly wear cos I feel it is a it dated. Have a small face omega constellation. Both o feel is out of fashion as big face watch is the trend now. But Reverso is so classic. I am looking at unisex style so that I can hand down to my son's. I know Omega Aqua Terra and Reverso with Bracelet are very different styles and I love both. To everyone, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: sparklebunny
Beautiful! Do you think Reverso with Bracelet strap is too dressy for casual wear like jeans? I have a small lady datejust gold/SS which I hardly wear cos I feel it is a it dated. Have a small face omega constellation. Both o feel is out of fashion as big face watch is the trend now. But Reverso is so classic. I am looking at unisex style so that I can hand down to my son's. I know Omega Aqua Terra and Reverso with Bracelet are very different styles and I love both. To everyone, what are your thoughts?
I honestly don’t think a bracelet strap would be too dressy for casual wear. It’s beautiful and classy without being very flashy, so you can dress it up or down. If you get it, please post pics!

This watch is still on my wishlist and I can't believe it's gone up in price! If I do get it, it'd be my first manual watch. I know it's a very noob watch related question, but do you all find it a pain to need to wind it everyday? Is it easy to tell when you've wound it enough? And overall, how has the watch held up - scratches, accurate time, need for servicing?

Reactions: sparklebunny