Dooney and Bourke Online Outlet

G: I have the 'regular' size Florentine Brenna in Navy. Stunning, of course... Navy Florentine leather is beautiful. And the style is interesting and functional.
For me, the 'regular' size is the best size to hold
my stuff and carry. Since I hand carry, I'm not concerned about the width of the base
or the 'bulk' of the bag. For me it needs to be large enough but not too heavy.

As I recall, the measurements of the Brenna (and Barlow) sizes are very close from
size/model from one to another. Usually it's an inch difference in all 3 measurements.
So, my suggestion would be to be sure to look at the depth of the bag as well as the
height and length, to make your choice. If you plan to shoulder or cross body carry the
bag, be sure to look at the depth. I think the smaller sizes are much more
suited to shoulder or crossbody carry.

I find that if I put too much stuff in the outer pockets, then the
main compartment on the Brenna (and Barlow) style doesn't stay closed.
Also, if you fill the main compartment too high, the snap on it won't stay
closed. For those that don't mind an open tote, it's not an issue. But I
like the top of my handbags closed. And if you are used to a zipper top bag where you
can cram stuff inside and still zip it up, then the Brenna (and Barlow) will not offer
as much capacity as you expect.
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I didn't measure my other bags of similar sizes. Thanks for the info about how full you can make the bag before it changes the look and functionality of the bag. Good to know.

I don't mind having a variety of sizes. The navy satchel I already have is pretty roomy and I thought a smaller grab-and-go could work for me.

You are correct about the Dooney navy. It is a good navy. Dark and neutral without being mistaken for black.

As always, thanks for being a wealth of knowledge. Your information is impressive for other D&B lovers. But most of all, you don't hesitate to take the time to help others. Thanks!

This was new to me as well.

Full confession. The woman that claimed (me), to be done buying D&B bags, just spotted the ILD D&B small brenna florentine in navy. I have a navy in the satchel with the tassels on the end (florentine that has been around forever). I can't remember the name.

The bag is normally $398.00 and with the promo code it is $159.00. It's a small bag, but that is still a pretty good price and having a second navy bag may come in handy.

I admit, I tend to shop in spurts. I see things for a good deal and I buy. Sometimes it works and sometime it does not. For instance, I guy quite a few jackets/coats---which means I buy scarves to match. I used to get Reiss scarves for a good sale price ($145.00 - $160.00 marked down to $48.00 - $55.00). They stopped having the good sales and I am glad I purchased my scarves in the past seasons. Especially, when I have not cared for the high prices and the styles I have seen the last two years.

Does anyone have the florentine small Brenna and can give me feedback? The reviews were thin on info.
Flos always get me off my bans lol

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I didn't measure my other bags of similar sizes. Thanks for the info about how full you can make the bag before it changes the look and functionality of the bag. Good to know.

I don't mind having a variety of sizes. The navy satchel I already have is pretty roomy and I thought a smaller grab-and-go could work for me.

You are correct about the Dooney navy. It is a good navy. Dark and neutral without being mistaken for black.

As always, thanks for being a wealth of knowledge. Your information is impressive for other D&B lovers. But most of all, you don't hesitate to take the time to help others. Thanks!
G: happy to share info. That's how I learned, from others. The ladies on the Dooney board here are really gracious and welcoming. The more we can learn, the smarter
we become, and the better we get at picking the right handbags at the 'best' price.
Everyone's needs are different, so I think it's helpful when responding to a question,
to point out when my handbag 'needs' might be different than others. Most people
don't hand carry as a rule, but I can no longer support the weight of a handbag
on my shoulder or neck, so crossbody and shoulder carry are out for me.

Reactions: mushroomNgrass