What do you guys think about a C de Cartier necklace? Is it worth the money for a 0.25 carat diamond?

I'd been leaning toward CdC because of the unique setting, but now the concept of the stone flipping is bothering me. Is it really that noticeable? Who has one that's about .75-1ct of either the CdC or the 1895 that can comment on the wearability or post a modeling photo?
My C de Cartier necklace is about 0.9 ct. I don't get any flipping at all. I had the chain lengthened and the necklace can still slide around. It's all about the setting for me. The stone reads larger than it is.

If you can, contact your nearest store prior to going in, so that they can bring in a choice of necklaces for you to look at. I don't think this one shows up online very often. When I bought mine, I had a choice of 2 or 3 that were close in size that had been brought in for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: hhw and WingNut
My C de Cartier necklace is about 0.9 ct. I don't get any flipping at all. I had the chain lengthened and the necklace can still slide around. It's all about the setting for me. The stone reads larger than it is.

If you can, contact your nearest store prior to going in, so that they can bring in a choice of necklaces for you to look at. I don't think this one shows up online very often. When I bought mine, I had a choice of 2 or 3 that were close in size that had been brought in for me.
That sounds beautiful! When you say the necklace can still slide around, do you mean the pendant? I assumed the setting with the diamond is stationary in the middle of the chain. Does it actually slide along the chain?

Reactions: hhw
That sounds beautiful! When you say the necklace can still slide around, do you mean the pendant? I assumed the setting with the diamond is stationary in the middle of the chain. Does it actually slide along the chain?
The pendant is stationary, so it is the whole thing that moves around the neck. I need to reach up and recenter it every once in a while.

Reactions: hhw and Cat Fondler
@WingNut

I went to my favorite place, lol. The setting is stunning and from the side you can see the whole stone, culet and all! I adore this solitaire. Nothing compares imo!
This one is .61 H colored stone vvs1

I will be getting .33 H and vs2
I love this piece!!
I also tried on 100k Cd Cartier diamond studs. WOW is all I can say. ccc.jpg

cart.jpgcartier.jpg

Last edited:
@WingNut

I went to my favorite place, lol. The setting is stunning and from the side you can see the whole stone, culet and all! I adore this solitaire. Nothing compares imo!
This one is .61 H colored stone vvs1

I will be getting .33 H and vs2
I love this piece!!
I also tried on 100k Cd Cartier diamond studs. WOW is all I can say. View attachment 5635828

View attachment 5635832View attachment 5635833
That’s beautiful, thank you! It looks very substantial!

I’m going to start looking for one between .75-.9 ct. I’m have the Legeres in xl and it’s very dainty on me (appropriately so, but I want one with substance).

• Love
Reactions: sjunky13
That’s beautiful, thank you! It looks very substantial!

I’m going to start looking for one between .75-.9 ct. I’m have the Legeres in xl and it’s very dainty on me (appropriately so, but I want one with substance).
TY! It for sure is on my list! Yes this setting is very noticable and very Cartier! It gets a bit more boxy as you go up in size. I have 2 more Cartier items on the list before this. :smile: Please post pics of your size you are thinking about.

Reactions: WingNut
Hi!! Would like some advice on which gold type to get for the C de Cartier :smile: All of my jewelry are YG/RG to match my skin tone, so I'm kind of leaning towards getting it in RG again. Yet, I am also wondering if WG will look more stunning as it's a diamond piece, plus it would match my stainless steel watches. (confused!)

Here are some mod shots I took recently of ~0.33 / 0.34c in RG and WG respectively (and bonus picture of other pieces I tried). Hope to hear what yall think!! Thank you in advance!

20221110_202239.jpg20221109_132321.jpg

20221110_202201.jpg

Hi!! Would like some advice on which gold type to get for the C de Cartier :smile: All of my jewelry are YG/RG to match my skin tone, so I'm kind of leaning towards getting it in RG again. Yet, I am also wondering if WG will look more stunning as it's a diamond piece, plus it would match my stainless steel watches. (confused!)

Here are some mod shots I took recently of ~0.33 / 0.34c in RG and WG respectively (and bonus picture of other pieces I tried). Hope to hear what yall think!! Thank you in advance!

View attachment 5649916View attachment 5649918

View attachment 5649917
Rose gold! It sounds like this is what you’re leaning towards, looks great on you, and compared to the white gold, the C setting and beautiful chain are highlighted better in my opinion compared to the white. The white gold setting is beautiful as well, but it doesn’t seem as unique overall. I love the C setting and a contrasting metal color helps it to stand out more.

Hi!! Would like some advice on which gold type to get for the C de Cartier
:smile:
All of my jewelry are YG/RG to match my skin tone, so I'm kind of leaning towards getting it in RG again. Yet, I am also wondering if WG will look more stunning as it's a diamond piece, plus it would match my stainless steel watches. (confused!)

I am a fan of white gold for C de Cartier diamond necklaces. The white gold really enhances the diamond and it reads much larger than it actually is. That said, if rose gold or yellow gold is what you really love, then that is what you should get. At some point you might have more than one. I got my WG C de Cartier a few years ago after having had a YG diamond solitaire necklace for many years. Looking forward to seeing what you get!

Reactions: g89
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments and opinions! I was torn but eventually decided to go with WG, can't wait! (Only getting it next year). Opting for WG so that I can finally have a piece of jewelry which matches my SS watches :biggrin: Hope I don't regret this hahaha.

In the meantime, I received an early Christmas gift from the bf (thanks!!) - C de Cartier ear studs in WG setting . They are 0.21ct each and sooooo sparkly yayyyyy~ The C at the sides are so subtle yet so unique. Not gonna be taking them off anytime soon

IMG-20221112-WA0042.jpg
IMG-20221112-WA0037.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments and opinions! I was torn but eventually decided to go with WG, can't wait! (Only getting it next year). Opting for WG so that I can finally have a piece of jewelry which matches my SS watches :biggrin: Hope I don't regret this hahaha.

In the meantime, I received an early Christmas gift from the bf (thanks!!) - C de Cartier ear studs in WG setting . They are 0.21ct each and sooooo sparkly yayyyyy~ The C at the sides are so subtle yet so unique. Not gonna be taking them off anytime soon

View attachment 5651234
View attachment 5651238
Your earrings are so beautiful I wouldn’t be taken them off either:love: I love that chain necklace is that Cartier too?

Reactions: g89