Influencers and Hermes

I short, it is the former.
She was abusive towards her pregnant hairdresser because she wasn’t happy with the service . The hairdresser went public by sharing what happened, and she wanted to publish videos. In the meantime the influencer’s lawyers got involved and the hairdresser was “advised” against publishing the videos.

Apologies for the off topic
Interesting. I can believe this happened because there is something slightly “off” about her IMO. Her videos show her as a person who is obsessed with attaining this idea of the perfection life. It’s so weird and everything comes off so contrived. She wants to be what she considers a “somebody” so badly. It’s sad really. But, the sellier Birkin is nice. She made it a point to say she buys 2nd hand in a recent video… probably to further support her saying that she didn’t have the bag delivered from Hermes.

Interesting. I can believe this happened because there is something slightly “off” about her IMO. Her videos show her as a person who is obsessed with attaining this idea of the perfection life. It’s so weird and everything comes off so contrived. She wants to be what she considers a “somebody” so badly. It’s sad really. But, the sellier Birkin is nice. She made it a point to say she buys 2nd hand in a recent video… probably to further support her saying that she didn’t have the bag delivered from Hermes.
I actually Pity those who set themselves up as 'influencers' and feel the need to depict some kind of charmed perfect existence and involve their husbands and children in their photo ops and videos.
I think it must put a tremendous strain on a relationship and day to day life.
Imagine choreographing every holiday, every dinner date every shopping trip around 'photo ops'.
Yuk I dont care how lucrative the returns are I think personal privacy and happy family life are more precious than fretting about sharing ones illusion of the 'perfect life' to all and sundry.

I actually Pity those who set themselves up as 'influencers' and feel the need to depict some kind of charmed perfect existence and involve their husbands and children in their photo ops and videos.
Imagine choreographing every holiday, every dinner date every shopping trip around 'photo ops'.
Yuk I dont care how lucrative the returns are I think personal privacy and happy family life are more precious than fretting about sharing ones illusion of the 'perfect life' to all and sundry.
I agree...privacy is such a luxury these days.....

But at the same time I can understand the "hustle".....

I wouldn’t call her an influencer , maybe a hobbyist youtuber who is wealthy (nba player’s wife?)but of all the YouTubers who show Birkins/Kellys , she is one of the rare few who have a lot more commonsense .

View attachment 5634498
This seems a bit preachy to me. Financial status isn't anyone's business. I read it as...you plebs can just watch the stuff I show you..it's a "highly coveted lifestyle" :rolleyes:

100% agree on this. :tup:

• Thanks
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
This seems a bit preachy to me. Financial status isn't anyone's business. I read it as...you plebs can just watch the stuff I show you..it's a "highly coveted lifestyle" :rolleyes:
What she is saying in her ending disclaimer is that you don’t need to follow the Joneses (to me, it makes perfect sense).

How many here would have cringed at some influencers’ image of buying bags as ‘a financial investment’? Only as she said in not so many words - resellers are the ones profiting.

She didn’t say ‘buying a birkin because you like it‘ is bad but only said seeing it as a financial investment is not a good thing.

Her videos are just about her life (plus difficulties in some areas) and a lot, won’t come with that particular disclaimer.

(I won’t release her name in case she gets bashed for putting up a sensible disclaimer. The lady doesn’t deserve it for having good commonsense). Even another influencer who sells hand bags and obsessed with handbags (it’s part of her job - not as a youtuber too) got bashed by some unhappy tpfers in her video, even though she is actually a nice person.

Last edited:
100% agree on this. :tup:
totally agree! its also a bit cringe :yucky:it’s like that youtuber who shared her story of going to the flagship store to buy her first B accompanied by her husband and daughter -and instructed her husband to hug her and kiss her so that the SAs could see that they were a family lol.

Exactly. You can buy from H directly or from a reseller..do what you like..it's your money anyway. But one doesn't need to lie about that. Such a huge turn-off. If you can lie about something as trivial as that..what else are you lying about?!
And, if H is delivering a coveted bag to you via courier, I doubt you have to put your name on a list for a CDC belt, which is exactly what said YouTuber had to do.

And, if H is delivering a coveted bag to you via courier, I doubt you have to put your name on a list for a CDC belt, which is exactly what said YouTuber had to do.
Not to go too far off topic but stores in US and Europe are now messengering bags in order to avoid extra crowding, and it's not for VIPs only. I can't speak for the UK bc I've never had a bag messengered to me there. But there are no longer strict rules about picking up in person.

Reactions: keodi