Influencers and Hermes

Want to share this story because it proves we all need to take everything influencers say with a pinch of salt.
Most of them not only fake their lifestyles, but also a whole new persona in order to create an "allure" that their audiences so desperately crave for.

This UK based influencer, who has a massive Youtube audience, got on the Hermès bandwagon in recent years. She argues that only Hermès "fulfills her" (despite having no clue about other leathers than togo/epsom :noworry:), and since then she has been able to build a "small" but well curated collection.
The episode I'm referring to concerns a b25 sellier in noir.
When she first shared the bag on her channel, she pointed out that her SA had dispatched the bag and it had been delivered by a courier. At the time, this was a major red flag because rules in London are very strict: clients need to go in store to collect the bags (exception made during lockdown).
Fast forward, in one of her latest videos, someone in the comments section brought this up again, and to my surprise (or not!) she changed the whole story by saying she got it from the Luxury Promise vault. Alas!

I have come to the conclusion most influencers who parade their Hermès bags on the internet most likely got the bags from resellers. Nothing to be ashamed of, just don't lie to your audience.

I'm fairly certain who you are referring to, and there was a pretty extensive video reveal of the sellier birkin in which she outlined her experience at the Luxury Promise vault. The bag I was actually surprised by was the gold mini kelly, which she did imply was from the boutique, but later alluded to it being from a reseller. Either way, she's pretty transparent that she's purchasing from resellers, which, since she wants a specific combo might be her only avenue since she's not really purchasing much from the other departments of Hermes.

Want to share this story because it proves we all need to take everything influencers say with a pinch of salt.
Most of them not only fake their lifestyles, but also a whole new persona in order to create an "allure" that their audiences so desperately crave for.

This UK based influencer, who has a massive Youtube audience, got on the Hermès bandwagon in recent years. She argues that only Hermès "fulfills her" (despite having no clue about other leathers than togo/epsom :noworry:), and since then she has been able to build a "small" but well curated collection.
When she first shared the bag on her channel, she pointed out that her SA had dispatched the bag and it had been delivered by a courier. At the time, this was a major red flag because rules in London are very strict: clients need to go in store to collect the bags (exception made during lockdown).
Fast forward, in one of her latest videos, someone in the comments section brought this up again, and to my surprise (or not!) she changed the whole story by saying she got it from the Luxury Promise vault. Alas!

I have come to the conclusion most influencers who parade their Hermès bags on the internet most likely got the bags from resellers. Nothing to be ashamed of, just don't lie to your audience.
Omg how embarrassing.
I used to watch her old videos, way back in the tiny flat. But then I started noticing some “discrepancies” here and there…

I did find very odd the whole story surrounding the birkin 25. When she said the SA sent the bag to her address I thought this was due to her “influencer status”, but in the end it was all a lie since the bag is from a reseller.
These girls are so funny… only smoke and mirrors

Last edited:
Omg how embarrassing.
I used to watch her old videos, way back in the tiny flat. But then I started noticing some “discrepancies” here and there…

I did find very odd the whole story surrounding the birkin 25. When she said the SA sent the bag to her address I thought this was due to her “influencer status”, but in the end it was all a lie since the bag is from a reseller.
Are we talking about the one whose remodelling her backyard right now?

Omg how embarrassing.

Lord I’m not going to sleep tonight until I figure out who this is?

Wait, why are we so hush hush about this influencer? Is she known to be suing people for defemination, or by saying her name will give us bad juju? :confused1:

I short, it is the former.
She was abusive towards her pregnant hairdresser because she wasn’t happy with the service . The hairdresser went public by sharing what happened, and she wanted to publish videos. In the meantime the influencer’s lawyers got involved and the hairdresser was “advised” against publishing the videos.

Apologies for the off topic

Last edited:

Exactly. You can buy from H directly or from a reseller..do what you like..it's your money anyway. But one doesn't need to lie about that. Such a huge turn-off. If you can lie about something as trivial as that..what else are you lying about?!

Where's the Hermes in this photo?

Also, anytime photos are posted, everyone needs to be crediting the source please, unless you own the rights.
Since it is an Hermes and influencers thread posted photos should include H so understand the point there. Re posting of the above photo, this may have been done to get around copyright concerns. I’m assuming the original photo didn’t include her with facial hair. It should also be noted that crediting a photo and reposting doesn’t provide protection against copyright claims. However, there are limited fair use rights at least in the us for example for news reporting, commentary and criticism. As to what falls specifically into these categories - better to consult with a lawyer.