Dooney---Where Are The Dimensions?

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
I shouldn't be tempted to look after mentioning my closet clear-out, but Autumn is a great time for D&B bags IMO. I found an Alto bag I like, and cannot afford at $725.00 (Arietta) until it hits the sale section, but I couldn't find the dimensions.

I think I can read, but I didn't see L X W X D anywhere. It may be Dooney or it may be me, but one of us is slipping. That is too much money for a bag and the customer has to guess on the size. I hope I just missed the info.

Cheers to all. Hope everyone is well.

Reactions: Alto Junkie
G. The new site leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes when they add a new bag they just post the picture and price. Check back after a while to see if they added more descriptive info in a few days/weeks.
Thanks for the tip. My willpower may increase by the time the dimensions are listed. I counted my bags yesterday (D&B) and I am down to 14 handbags, 4 wallets and 2 weekenders. I haven't been this lean in my D&B closet for over 15 years.

Also, the prices are a bit of a surprise. I remember when I thought $450.00 for an Alto bag seemed a little pricey, and now it looks like a good deal. I am going to be extra careful about any water marks or scratches. I for one, can't afford replacing what I kept in my collection.

My best to all.

Reactions: swags
The prices are eye watering indeed. I am taking very good care of my bags as well. Can’t afford to replace them at this rate.
Eye watering is right! I don't think I am cheap, but I know I have some medium to large alto and florentine bags that ran in the $275.00 to $325.00 range about two years ago. I purchased on sale, but still, if I spent more, this would be the handbag I ruined.

There was someone really helpful on here a few years ago. I think she went by Two boyz or something like that. She told me/us about a lovely tote (from the outlet and they would ship). I ruined it the second time I carried the bag. I think it was about a $300-$400 bag and I paid $119 (if I remember correctly). Chelsea sounds familiar. It was a nubuck (sp?) bag. I put a full water bottle in the bag and the entire thing leaked and saturated the leather.

It still makes me a little sad.

Eye watering is right! I don't think I am cheap, but I know I have some medium to large alto and florentine bags that ran in the $275.00 to $325.00 range about two years ago. I purchased on sale, but still, if I spent more, this would be the handbag I ruined.

There was someone really helpful on here a few years ago. I think she went by Two boyz or something like that. She told me/us about a lovely tote (from the outlet and they would ship). I ruined it the second time I carried the bag. I think it was about a $300-$400 bag and I paid $119 (if I remember correctly). Chelsea sounds familiar. It was a nubuck (sp?) bag. I put a full water bottle in the bag and the entire thing leaked and saturated the leather.

It still makes me a little sad.
G: it's always the treasures that seem to get damaged with the first or second use.
I have a red Florentine Toscana that got water drops (when I washed my hands) and
the stains are still there. It was the first time I used the handbag.

The prices on all the Dooneys have gone thru the roof. I was looking at an Ivy Gretta
handbag on ILD. (Don't ask me why. I have several Ivy bags in Florentine and other
leathers, so I certainly don't need another Ivy one. but that's beside the point).
Anyway, the sale price (Birthday price) was only $139, but they had the list price
at over $400 for the coated canvas bag! Huh?
And the Altos are out of sight. True, I've always thought the Altos were priced
very reasonably for their quality. But..... I don't think the quality or styles are as
good as they used to be and the prices are much higher. In the old days, I never
had to pay more than $300 for an Alto (list price $600), even for the largest bags.
Of course, other brands are higher and I'm not sure the quality is even as good.

G: it's always the treasures that seem to get damaged with the first or second use.
I have a red Florentine Toscana that got water drops (when I washed my hands) and
the stains are still there. It was the first time I used the handbag.

The prices on all the Dooneys have gone thru the roof. I was looking at an Ivy Gretta
handbag on ILD. (Don't ask me why. I have several Ivy bags in Florentine and other
leathers, so I certainly don't need another Ivy one. but that's beside the point).
Anyway, the sale price (Birthday price) was only $139, but they had the list price
at over $400 for the coated canvas bag! Huh?
And the Altos are out of sight. True, I've always thought the Altos were priced
very reasonably for their quality. But..... I don't think the quality or styles are as
good as they used to be and the prices are much higher. In the old days, I never
had to pay more than $300 for an Alto (list price $600), even for the largest bags.
Of course, other brands are higher and I'm not sure the quality is even as good.
I just took a look at the Gretta. That Ivy is a great shade! I find greens can be a little tricky in handbags and boots, but I think I remember you are good with color combinations. That is a good neutral green that would go with so much. I can see why that shade is tempting.

I just took a look at the Gretta. That Ivy is a great shade! I find greens can be a little tricky in handbags and boots, but I think I remember you are good with color combinations. That is a good neutral green that would go with so much. I can see why that shade is tempting.
G: I saw the Ivy Gretta on a YT reveal video.... it was stunning. I'm not really into logo
handbags or fabric or coated canvas. I'm a leather snob. But somehow, I've managed
to accumulate a few Dooney logo handbags. I don't need any more bags....any fabrication
or any color.... but that doesn't seem to stop me from looking. And I can't even tell you
how many different green leather handbags I own (ivy, emerald, forest, grass, lime,
and every other shade too).

I don't love green the way I do blue or purple or fuchsia,
but I do find that in the last few years there has been a lot of green in clothing
and the green handbags look really sharp with many of the prints. Since the prints tend
to be the 'pop' of the outfit, the green handbags tend to add a nice neutral and
grounding touch, while still looking like the outfit was intentional, but not overdone.
At least that's my theory. And for me, it's important the I like the way the
outfit comes together. (I need to distract myself from the figure flaws, old lady shoes,
etc.)

G: I saw the Ivy Gretta on a YT reveal video.... it was stunning. I'm not really into logo
handbags or fabric or coated canvas. I'm a leather snob. But somehow, I've managed
to accumulate a few Dooney logo handbags. I don't need any more bags....any fabrication
or any color.... but that doesn't seem to stop me from looking. And I can't even tell you
how many different green leather handbags I own (ivy, emerald, forest, grass, lime,
and every other shade too).

I don't love green the way I do blue or purple or fuchsia,
but I do find that in the last few years there has been a lot of green in clothing
and the green handbags look really sharp with many of the prints. Since the prints tend
to be the 'pop' of the outfit, the green handbags tend to add a nice neutral and
grounding touch, while still looking like the outfit was intentional, but not overdone.
At least that's my theory. And for me, it's important the I like the way the
outfit comes together. (I need to distract myself from the figure flaws, old lady shoes,
etc.)
The figure flaws and the shoe parts had me laughing. Thanks!

I buy coats, jackets, sweaters, jeans ect. when I am happy with my weight. Otherwise, if I don't like the number on the scale, the handbag, shoe, boot and scarf/wrap purchases start to accumulate. I'm too old to behave this way.

Reactions: Alto Junkie
The figure flaws and the shoe parts had me laughing. Thanks!

I buy coats, jackets, sweaters, jeans ect. when I am happy with my weight. Otherwise, if I don't like the number on the scale, the handbag, shoe, boot and scarf/wrap purchases start to accumulate. I'm too old to behave this way.
We need to wear what makes us happy. And shop for what makes us feel good and
optimistic. The key is to balance the purchases with the cost and the space.
buying too much can cause me stress too..... where will I put it and how much money
am I spending!

And I'm too old to keep 'saving' the best stuff I have for 'good'.
I keep telling myself to just wear it and enjoy it.... but old habits are hard to break.
Whenever I wear something new or special around the house or for errands I seem to
get a stain or a snag or even damage/lose jewelry. So, I go back to saving the best
items for 'good'. Over the last few years there haven't been many occasions to
bring out the treasures and enjoy them. But at least I've been able to upgrade
my criteria.... anything stained or pilled goes out and Dooney pebbled leather
is now my everyday handbag collection and I've given away the brands of more
ordinary handbags. Of course, I still 'save' Florentine for 'good'.

I shouldn't be tempted to look after mentioning my closet clear-out, but Autumn is a great time for D&B bags IMO. I found an Alto bag I like, and cannot afford at $725.00 (Arietta) until it hits the sale section, but I couldn't find the dimensions.

I think I can read, but I didn't see L X W X D anywhere. It may be Dooney or it may be me, but one of us is slipping. That is too much money for a bag and the customer has to guess on the size. I hope I just missed the info.

Cheers to all. Hope everyone is well.
Hi! Did you ever purchase this bag? If so, what do you think? I’ve been looking at it, but can find very little in the way of reviews on it, and no YouTube videos. Thanks!

Hi! Did you ever purchase this bag? If so, what do you think? I’ve been looking at it, but can find very little in the way of reviews on it, and no YouTube videos. Thanks!
Dimensions on the Arietta are now on the D&B site. (H8 X W3 X L10)
These details are often missing or lag the posting of a new bag.
It's now on sale for $508, in 5 colors, including Fir and Burgundy.

LID: your post made me go look..... but I can't find that style.
Grrrrr autocorrect At 4 am. I meant to type Arietta (whew). The style the OP was referencing. Truly a great deal at 50% off. I do not buy Altos unless they are 40 to 50 percent off. Eyeing the fir Shana. I just received the burgundy today. Small but flawless and beautiful.