Revel (looks like LV Alma)

Hi. Before I return this, wanted to share a comparison picture with one of my Alma BBs. I absolutely love the size of this bag since it’s in between the Alma BB and PM. Am not sure about this color for me personally plus mine had a couple flaws. One is a scratch or something on the D ring clasp — I expect better on a full-price bag :lol:. The other is possibly a design flaw or maybe it’s just a flaw on mine only. The back D ring (where the strap attaches) pushes against the soft leather creating a small dent against the top (see second picture). I think at least on mine, the D ring clasp is placed too low. See 3rd picture of the higher D ring placement on my Alma. Anyways, these are only my thoughts — may not be a problem for others. It’s a very pretty bag for sure.

B3F0A42F-7C1C-40E9-A0B1-0D8CD8342D92.jpegA17423C9-48A3-446D-A224-FFC91D11A37F.jpeg25C66D76-10F1-438E-A8FF-026DA9F44E60.jpeg

Hi. Before I return this, wanted to share a comparison picture with one of my Alma BBs. I absolutely love the size of this bag since it’s in between the Alma BB and PM. Am not sure about this color for me personally plus mine had a couple flaws. One is a scratch or something on the D ring clasp — I expect better on a full-price bag :lol:. The other is possibly a design flaw or maybe it’s just a flaw on mine only. The back D ring (where the strap attaches) pushes against the soft leather creating a small dent against the top (see second picture). I think at least on mine, the D ring clasp is placed too low. See 3rd picture of the higher D ring placement on my Alma. Anyways, these are only my thoughts — may not be a problem for others. It’s a very pretty bag for sure.

View attachment 5619756View attachment 5619757View attachment 5619758
Great review. I concur with your thoughts! Maybe you'll be able to grab another on sale at some point.

The packaging:
View attachment 5620502

The Revel barely out of the packaging:
View attachment 5620503

You can barely see it, right??
Would it bother you? It appears to be soft leather so will get marks here and there. Can it be rubbed out? Is that the back of the bag? I can't believe that they sent a $500 handbag in a plastic bag instead of a box. :sad: Maybe if you contact customer service and email them a picture, they will mark it down further

Reactions: Tygriss
Would it bother you? It appears to be soft leather so will get marks here and there. Can it be rubbed out? Is that the back of the bag? I can't believe that they sent a $500 handbag in a plastic bag instead of a box. :sad: Maybe if you contact customer service and email them a picture, they will mark it down further
This is exactly why I will never ever buy any expensive bags at a department store ever again. Their lazy employees and their crappy packaging!

@Tygriss I would return it. That would bother me the more I look at it. But if you're ok with it, I would ask CS for exchange. Or possibly a further discount like Paula said, if you can.

For full price, straight outta the wrapping, oh yes. We tried rubbing with a moist towel, and the scratches just came back. There's more spots of leather scuffing on the sides and elsewhere.

I did call CS this morning. There aren't any left in their inventory so they gave me an additional % off. For that I can be ok. I can try to condition it or take it in and get pins put on it.
This is exactly why I will never ever buy any expensive bags at a department store ever again. Their lazy employees and their crappy packaging!

@Tygriss I would return it. That would bother me the more I look at it. But if you're ok with it, I would ask CS for exchange. Or possibly a further discount like Paula said, if you can.
Well, so I learned something new! Not ordering from a department store again. I had been spoiled to have lived close to a flagship store and now, most of my shopping is online.

For full price, straight outta the wrapping, oh yes. We tried rubbing with a moist towel, and the scratches just came back. There's more spots of leather scuffing on the sides and elsewhere.

I did call CS this morning. There aren't any left in their inventory so they gave me an additional % off. For that I can be ok. I can try to condition it or take it in and get pins put on it.

Well, so I learned something new! Not ordering from a department store again. I had been spoiled to have lived close to a flagship store and now, most of my shopping is online.
I would use Apple Garde leather conditioner or whatever you choose. Apple has always worked well for me. At least they gave you an additional % off as I thought they would :smile:

View attachment 5619756View attachment 5619757View attachment 5619758
Thank you for the detailed info IM. Did you find the Revel heavier than Alma BB? It just looks like it would be.

Reactions: Iamminda