How to wear a Kelly casually?

I find myself reaching for my K32 often...love being handsfree and, with the casual strap and the fact that it is already 'mature', it began to seem more casual than my Bs. BUT, and there is a big BUT, now that I've learned in various threads that I should not carry it open or even just hooked over the clasp but fully closed all the time, it definitely looks less casual and way more ladylike...maybe too ladylike for me?
IMG_6218.jpeg
IMG_6188.jpeg

I find myself reaching for my K32 often...love being handsfree and, with the casual strap and the fact that it is already 'mature', it began to seem more casual than my Bs. BUT, and there is a big BUT, now that I've learned in various threads that I should not carry it open or even just hooked over the clasp but fully closed all the time, it definitely looks less casual and way more ladylike...maybe too ladylike for me?
View attachment 5619752
View attachment 5619753
You look and the bag both look amazing. I thought box leather is meant to be quite decent at retaining shape, is it still not advised to carry it just hooked on the touret? (Asking because I’m looking at one too)

You look and the bag both look amazing. I thought box leather is meant to be quite decent at retaining shape, is it still not advised to carry it just hooked on the touret? (Asking because I’m looking at one too)
Great question that I hope someone with more expertise might answer. My K is over 20 years old and, aside from a few light scratches, seems in great shape...in other words, she has retained her shape well. I had hoped that hooking the flap on the touret (thank you for that word!) would save it from some damage but apparently the touret itself can bend over time. :sad:

Reactions: Friscalating
View attachment 5619752
View attachment 5619753
2nd outfit you look like a rock star :smile:

Reactions: Helventara
View attachment 5619752
View attachment 5619753
I love the nonchalance!

View attachment 5619752
View attachment 5619753
Love the pic with you in Jeans. IMO the dress with crossbody strap always looks better with a shorter strap or hand carry. I think bc the bottom of the 32K is so close to the hem, that it visually weighs one down. i usually strap up the s angels under the flap. When I raise the lid, I can still get my hand in without straining the straps. But, aesthetically, I prefer to hand carry the K of any size. I don’t think the K is mature Per se, it’s simply more structured. But, my style leans towards vintage and the kelly can enhance that. IMO the sellier B25 is a nice compromise.

Love the pic with you in Jeans. IMO the dress with crossbody strap always looks better with a shorter strap or hand carry. I think bc the bottom of the 32K is so close to the hem, that it visually weighs one down. i usually strap up the s angels under the flap. When I raise the lid, I can still get my hand in without straining the straps. But, aesthetically, I prefer to hand carry the K of any size. I don’t think the K is mature Per se, it’s simply more structured. But, my style leans towards vintage and the kelly can enhance that. IMO the sellier B25 is a nice compromise.
Yes, thank you for the suggestion re doing up the sangles under the flap...my hands must be a bit 'thicker' than yours but I can grab my phone from my bag if need be and that's usually what I'm reaching for!

View attachment 5619752
View attachment 5619753
My god you look amazing

• Thanks
Reactions: tinkerbell68