Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post! I recently got a Pallas Aurore from Fashionphile in Excellent condition but just found that the strap is crumbling and peeling. Does anyone know if this bag happens to be one of the batches with the well-known defect? Link to listing: https://www.fashionphile.com/p/louis-vuitton-monogram-pallas-aurore-1058422
I don’t remember hearing it in the Pallas strap but there were issues with glazing on straps and bags in certain years on certain bags. I don’t know if LV will fix it or you can return the bag or ask Fashionphile for a credit of some sort..Or you can buy a different strap if you wanted to keep the Pallas..

I don’t remember hearing it in the Pallas strap but there were issues with glazing on straps and bags in certain years on certain bags. I don’t know if LV will fix it or you can return the bag or ask Fashionphile for a credit of some sort..Or you can buy a different strap if you wanted to keep the Pallas..
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I intended on keeping it so I took the tag off and it's past the 30 day return window (around 10 days past now). I didn't have a chance to wear it due to traveling until now and just discovered the glazing issue. I contacted Fashionphile but they are terribly slow on email response.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I intended on keeping it so I took the tag off and it's past the 30 day return window (around 10 days past now). I didn't have a chance to wear it due to traveling until now and just discovered the glazing issue. I contacted Fashionphile but they are terribly slow on email response.
Maybe take it to LV and see what they can do? if they can replace the glazing although may not be worth the price .. I have the Pallas and there are other straps you can purchase which look nice with it in case you get no resolution….happy to hear you kept it, the Pallas is an awesome
bag!

Maybe take it to LV and see what they can do? if they can replace the glazing although may not be worth the price .. I have the Pallas and there are other straps you can purchase which look nice with it in case you get no resolution….happy to hear you kept it, the Pallas is an awesome
bag!
It really is a great bag minus the strap issue! You might be right about getting another strap. I never had issues with LV bags before so this one hit me by surprise since it's in excellent condition. I'm just worried about the authenticity of the bag seeing the glazing crumbling off, but upon researching more I see now that many people have glazing issues =(

• Sad
Reactions: looksjustright
It really is a great bag minus the strap issue! You might be right about getting another strap. I never had issues with LV bags before so this one hit me by surprise since it's in excellent condition. I'm just worried about the authenticity of the bag seeing the glazing crumbling off, but upon researching more I see now that many people have glazing issues =(
I would probably still get it authenticated just for peace of mind? There was a time when they were taking back a bunch of bags with potential glazing issues. My ikat NF has strap glazing issues and I barely wore it. My empreinte speedy was recalled and I turned that in for a store credit. I don’t know if Fashionphile will do anything because technically it’s not a their issue it’s an LV issue but maybe they will for customer satisfaction. I haven’t had issues with my LV bags either…

hi is it normal if the size of the bag doesn't exact as said om the website
"Onthego" its 41 cm, 18 cm, and 32 cm

on website is says 41 cm 19 cm and 34.

is it fake?
Yes it’s normal and sometimes the size on the website does not match the bag. It does not mean the bag is fake if you bought it in the LV website…Even if you bought elsewhere it doesn’t mean its fake but I would get it authenticated for peace of mind…

Yes it’s normal and sometimes the size on the website does not match the bag. It does not mean the bag is fake if you bought it in the LV website…Even if you bought elsewhere it doesn’t mean its fake but I would get it authenticated for peace of mind…
Thanx a lot it is from website but i just Got little nervous when i measured it

Thanx a lot

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post! I recently got a Pallas Aurore from Fashionphile in Excellent condition but just found that the strap is crumbling and peeling. Does anyone know if this bag happens to be one of the batches with the well-known defect? Link to listing: https://www.fashionphile.com/p/louis-vuitton-monogram-pallas-aurore-1058422
Yes I have the Aurore colour Speedy and LV replaced all the glazing as it went sticky and was cracking in places. The thing is though, LV have cracked down on fixing and replacing bags bought preloved if you don't have the receipt with the original owners name they won't do it for free. Some are very lucky and the SA has let it go for no cost. I did have a pallas in Rose Litchi and they replaced the strap, I bought both from store.

• Insightful
Reactions: Sunshine mama
I would probably still get it authenticated just for peace of mind? There was a time when they were taking back a bunch of bags with potential glazing issues. My ikat NF has strap glazing issues and I barely wore it. My empreinte speedy was recalled and I turned that in for a store credit. I don’t know if Fashionphile will do anything because technically it’s not a their issue it’s an LV issue but maybe they will for customer satisfaction. I haven’t had issues with my LV bags either…
I heard back from Fashionphile after emailing them about the issue, and yes they said it's a common issue with LV manufacturing and to get it fixed or use their buy back program (which would cost me ~$400). I don't mind keeping it if I can get a new strap, so I asked if Fashionphile will provide a partial refund for this defect (which I would guess they could've identified with more careful quality control given that the issue happened right on my first use). I'm not sure how good Fashionphile customer service is - we'll see!

Yes I have the Aurore colour Speedy and LV replaced all the glazing as it went sticky and was cracking in places. The thing is though, LV have cracked down on fixing and replacing bags bought preloved if you don't have the receipt with the original owners name they won't do it for free. Some are very lucky and the SA has let it go for no cost. I did have a pallas in Rose Litchi and they replaced the strap, I bought both from store.
Oh that's good to know! Of course the original receipt did not come with my Fashionphile purchase, so I'm not sure of my luck at a free replacement at LV. Do you know if LV will replace the strap for bags from a while ago, like 2014 which is the year listed on my Fashionphile purchase? Thanks!

I heard back from Fashionphile after emailing them about the issue, and yes they said it's a common issue with LV manufacturing and to get it fixed or use their buy back program (which would cost me ~$400). I don't mind keeping it if I can get a new strap, so I asked if Fashionphile will provide a partial refund for this defect (which I would guess they could've identified with more careful quality control given that the issue happened right on my first use). I'm not sure how good Fashionphile customer service is - we'll see!
Since they mentioned it was an LV issue they may not give anything but I hope they do for you…..if you are near an LV store stop in and ask , maybe they will do it for free since it was an issue…

Oh that's good to know! Of course the original receipt did not come with my Fashionphile purchase, so I'm not sure of my luck at a free replacement at LV. Do you know if LV will replace the strap for bags from a while ago, like 2014 which is the year listed on my Fashionphile purchase? Thanks!
I was told you have to be the original owner to get a replacement at no cost, you may be able to order as a spare part or get the glazing redone. You never know, you may be lucky and get a good SA and get a free replacement, let us know how you go!

Reactions: informativeinfo