Which Dooney Are You Carrying Today?

Love your choice to celebrate the return of fall,
Enjoy your handbag. The taupe lizard embossed leather with the
warmer cognac smooth leather trim is very rich looking. And yes,
it will go with everything. You must be happy to be getting so much
wear out of such a lovely handbag.
Thanks! It’s a great bag. I have to figure out how to clean the fabric inside. This bag comes from a time when I wasn’t into bag care, when I’d just use a bag up until it broke or it was too dirty or I just got bored with it after a year or two, and then get rid of it. A bag becoming dirty was just something I accepted as a natural course of events and if it got to be too dirty, then that was it for that bag. I’ve never successfully cleaned the inside of a bag, though I did try and fail once with an American West bag before.

NYER: good luck with your cleaning project. It's worth the effort to
save a beautiful handbag. Hopefully the lining will pull out so that the
leather won't be exposed to your cleaning efforts. There are probably some
videos around, from what I remember.... vacuum, wipe down the lining,
then spot clean the stains. Hopefully this will be enough to bring the lining
back to a condition you are comfortable with.

If the lining is solid red... just be careful that the products you use do not
cause the red color to 'bleed'. You want to protect the exterior of the bag,
the leather trim, and the surface you are working on. So minimize the amount
of liquid you use for spot cleaning so the color doesn't run.
I've never had a Dooney red lining transfer or bleed onto my items, during normal
use..... but....chemicals in cleaning products can interact with dyes and make them
unstable.

Also, you can add a bag organizer (even a less expensive one) both to protect
the lining in the future and also so that your items have a 'clean' space to hang out.

Oh, I was checking this one out the other day. How do you like carrying it? Does it fit a lot?
Love it ! Bought one from Dooney in black , defective, something all over the front leather , same thing with the next order. Their customer service sucks and I’m waiting on approx 400 ish in refunds for these 2 bags. Don’t get the black! Pics attached , these are 2 different bags !

98AE4E13-70B7-4336-A804-8EA8E27CAD5C.jpeg

64DB4685-24DC-45BC-8142-BB275A12214B.jpeg

Love it ! Bought one from Dooney in black , defective, something all over the front leather , same thing with the next order. Their customer service sucks and I’m waiting on approx 400 ish in refunds for these 2 bags. Don’t get the black! Pics attached , these are 2 different bags !

View attachment 5636744

View attachment 5636745
Oh, wow! That's terrible, how can they send those out to people. No quality control whatsoever, as that's not a tiny misaligned stitch or something. How long have you been waiting for a refund?

• Sad
Reactions: HannaS1001
Oh, wow! That's terrible, how can they send those out to people. No quality control whatsoever, as that's not a tiny misaligned stitch or something. How long have you been waiting for a refund?
They received both bags back. The 1st on Monday the 2nd on Wednesday and have basically told me to suck it they will take 5 business days to process my return then 10 business days to refund

• Sad
Reactions: nyeredzi
They received both bags back. The 1st on Monday the 2nd on Wednesday and have basically told me to suck it they will take 5 business days to process my return then 10 business days to refund
They do take their time with return processing. But, in my experience, the credits
do come through. I've learned not to obsess and just check my credit card online
after a few weeks. Otherwise I drive myself crazy waiting for the refund. It shouldn't
be that way, but, it is.

They do take their time with return processing. But, in my experience, the credits
do come through. I've learned not to obsess and just check my credit card online
after a few weeks. Otherwise I drive myself crazy waiting for the refund. It shouldn't
be that way, but, it is.

I know what they are like and I don’t expect special treatment but when they send 2 orders, both very obviously defective they should try a little harder to make it right IMHO since they don’t price match themselves or do exchanges they could make an effort to make a customer happy and expedite the refunds . I love Dooney but they keep making it so hard to feel good about ordering from them.

I know what they are like and I don’t expect special treatment but when they send 2 orders, both very obviously defective they should try a little harder to make it right IMHO since they don’t price match themselves or do exchanges they could make an effort to make a customer happy and expedite the refunds . I love Dooney but they keep making it so hard to feel good about ordering from them.
You are right.

You are right.
Here is something that also is an irritant but good but annoying too. They refunded the second bag they received(was on sale) the 1st bag they received (non sale) still not refunded. Grateful to see the one refund so soon but annoying they didn’t refund the pricier one. They have one or 2 bags right now during the tent sale , I feel almost like an glutton for punishment when I add to cart lol

Here is something that also is an irritant but good but annoying too. They refunded the second bag they received (was on sale) the 1st bag they received (non sale) still not refunded. Grateful to see the one refund so soon but annoying they didn’t refund the pricier one. They have one or 2 bags right now during the tent sale , I feel almost like an glutton for punishment when I add to cart lol
Hanna: I know how you feel. When there is too much stress around handbag purchases/problems/returns, you just want to step back for a while. Voice you displeasure by withholding your money and not making more purchases.
The joy has been removed from handbag purchasing. And after a while, you forget the pain and frustration and start buying again..... because we are collectors.

Hanna: I know how you feel. When there is too much stress around handbag purchases/problems/returns, you just want to step back for a while. Voice you displeasure by withholding your money and not making more purchases.
The joy has been removed from handbag purchasing. And after a while, you forget the pain and frustration and start buying again..... because we are collectors.
A vicious circle LOL