Telfar shopping bag - thoughts?

Thank you for the information! Exciting!
I hope the website will not crash given the demand. I wonder if it’s better to add to cart and checkout ASAP rather than try to add 2 or 3. Or if it’s smarter to access the desktop version of the site instead of via mobile.

Thoughts?
To checkout the fastest I'd recommend creating an account if you don't already have one, then make sure you're logged in before the drop. I've also seen a tip where you should have your card information saved on the Telfar website or just be able to copy and paste it in quickly (saved in a notes app or somewhere you can easily copy it over). I did this last time and was able to get one! I'm definitely going to add what I can and check out at once. I've only bought on desktop and that worked for me.

I’m so torn on these bags. On the one hand, I love the company and what it stands for. But I’m hesitant on price vs quality. My friend has a mini black, and I found it looked pretty beat up. But my mustard yellow obsession — one of the few colors that looks good on me — has had me dying to get the mustard one for a while.

Any longtime users, how have yours held up?

I’m thinking of getting the mini. I think it’s cute, and I don’t have a mini bag. I have too many medium bags! (But the medium holding a laptop is very tempting!)

I love the company and what it stands for. But I’m hesitant on price vs quality.
Find an organization that stands for the same things and just donate money. The bags? They're essentially just trash that is a flavor of the moment. They're not the kinds of bags that will stand the test of time because they won't last. Your money will go further--and you will have less clutter to deal with--if you just donate money towards an organization that is working towards the same goals as what the company stands for.

I’m so torn on these bags. On the one hand, I love the company and what it stands for. But I’m hesitant on price vs quality. My friend has a mini black, and I found it looked pretty beat up. But my mustard yellow obsession — one of the few colors that looks good on me — has had me dying to get the mustard one for a while.

I’m thinking of getting the mini. I think it’s cute, and I don’t have a mini bag. I have too many medium bags! (But the medium holding a laptop is very tempting!)
Mine have held up well, but IMO, they are really not meant to be workhorse bags and last forever. I use mine as fun toss arounds. I take them places I don’t want to take my expensive bags (like my kid’s basketball games). The medium makes a great travel bag and smooshes nicely under the seat in front of you on the plane. I like that they are basically plastic and can be wiped down with Lysol wipes. I have a mini, but rarely use it because it doesn’t hold enough for me. My 18 y.o. loves her minis.
All that to say these bags are awesome for what they are: well constructed chic plastic shopping bags. If you are expecting more than that, I’d look elsewhere.

Mine have held up well, but IMO, they are really not meant to be workhorse bags and last forever. I use mine as fun toss arounds. I take them places I don’t want to take my expensive bags (like my kid’s basketball games). The medium makes a great travel bag and smooshes nicely under the seat in front of you on the plane. I like that they are basically plastic and can be wiped down with Lysol wipes. I have a mini, but rarely use it because it doesn’t hold enough for me. My 18 y.o. loves her minis.
All that to say these bags are awesome for what they are: well constructed chic plastic shopping bags. If you are expecting more than that, I’d look elsewhere.
Yeah, definitely not having luxury expectations! I've just read that they start to flake within a few uses and was wondering if that was true. I need a new "quick errand / going to a crappy dirty izakaya / going out in poor weather" type bag.

Reactions: sophiegray
Yeah, definitely not having luxury expectations! I've just read that they start to flake within a few uses and was wondering if that was true. I need a new "quick errand / going to a crappy dirty izakaya / going out in poor weather" type bag.
Attaching photos of my oldest/most thrown around bag. Hope it gives you a better idea of how they wear. Not sure if/how metallics wear differently. In addition to dragging it to numerous gyms (where it sits on the floor) for basketball games, I also took it as a travel bag (doubled as daily bag) on a two week trek to GA, NC, and NY in Nov 2021.

F1880922-EDC5-4E1B-86BB-13489DD1CD6E.jpeg

A6903E10-F5FE-40A9-B0D2-3B0EF4806CCB.jpeg

97A83308-6AA6-4D1E-B62A-7982BBEE768D.jpeg

16D99FEC-ED9D-4DEF-A1DA-7790F0F814A0.jpeg

B3B9F403-8DD8-4D0D-BF7E-4078C6DCEFC1.jpeg

32C72F23-8ACA-4412-9FD4-90ECF2665348.jpeg

5B5FE4E2-E676-4875-8C06-B65C79623289.jpeg

Reactions: limom and clzclzclz
I have a small pool blue that I got in March that I used all summer and there is some corner wear - I stopped using it as an everyday bag for this reason. I think if you support the mission, and it fills a hole in your closet, def give them a try. I ordered mine because I wanted to support the brand, wanted to add a pop of color in my collection, and wanted to try out a mini bag before committing to other luxury brand price points for mini bags. I'm thinking about adding a medium sage or small black to my collection, and I would love if they released leather shopping bags at a higher price point. I've found the craftsmanship and stitching to be amazing!

Corner wear will occur pretty quickly. Other than that it’s a decent bag for what it is. I have 2 of the regular shopping bags as well as the Ugg collaboration bag. All in size medium. I used the Ugg bag daily for about 3 months straight. No issues. The others I use daily on and off during the warmer months. The 1st was bought about 14 months ago. That one has corner wear. The 2nd, I’ve been using for about 6 months. I don’t see any corner wear yet. Other than that, they both look practically new. No other issues at all.

I think it’s funny how people say it’s overpriced but will spend 4 digits on luxury bags that aren’t even leather. I’m not mad at the $200 price tag. If you want to support this brand, go for it. People overspend on sillier things.

Thanks, all. I'm sitting in the queue hoping for my tiny mustard. I love mustard, and I don't really want to spend $$$ on a luxe tiny bag. (But if you know any luxury brands that do make mustard...I'm all ears lol.)

Reactions: _jlv
Bumping.

I managed to get the Small grey fleece from the UGG x Telfar drop this afternoon. I'm thinking I can maybe tie a Mitzah / Twilly / bandeau scarf on a handle to snazzy it up, but not totally sure if the handles are too floppy to support a scarf.

And I've ordered a belt in the SHW/Chocolate off Holts to pair with pants and oxfords for work. I'm a little unsure of vegan leather for the price of a bag, but I think the belt could look pretty good.

I'm floored at how much the shipping would be for a belt though and it's a shame they don't have a full selection of colours on the Holts website :oh:

Reactions: limom and Mimmy