Can anyone identify this Dooney?

Hello, all. I have several older Dooneys that I am planning on giving as gifts. Is there a way to find out the name of the bag and when they were made? I’d like to be able to give as much information as I can with the bag. Thank you!

I'm curious if anyone knows the name of this bag I just bought on Depop.

cross your fingers for me that the lining isn't sewn at the bottom so I can clean it without staining the leather!

Thanks!

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 9
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: defeated
I have several bags from the Toscana Dooney collection.
In my experience, the leather is delicate.... it will water spot easily.
and scratch. It's beautiful leather, but I dripped some water on
my red bag while washing my hands, and the spots remain years later.
It's very disappointing. So be careful cleaning the bag.

I have several bags from the Toscana Dooney collection.
In my experience, the leather is delicate.... it will water spot easily.
and scratch. It's beautiful leather, but I dripped some water on
my red bag while washing my hands, and the spots remain years later.
It's very disappointing. So be careful cleaning the bag.
Just a quick update. I thought I was being careful, but a spot leather through from the inside. Dried overnight in front of a fan. I think I may be able to make out a faint outline, but it would be undetectable to anyone who didn't know exactly where to look. The scuffs on the bag "healed" with a light application of Blackrock. The leather is heavily coated, so I didn't apply the Blackrock to the rest of the bag. I believe mine is chestnut, which is more forgiving than a saturated color.

I found this vintage beauty in a secondhand shop today. She's in great shape but I can't find much info about her. I've been able to find that it's from the Cabriolet collection, but I can't find any definitive info on what year it's from. I'm seeing anywhere from 80s, 90s, and 2000s and I'm just dying to know. Can anyone help?

IMG_0227 2.jpeg

IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0225.jpeg

IMG_0228.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunalark
I found this vintage beauty in a secondhand shop today. She's in great shape but I can't find much info about her. I've been able to find that it's from the Cabriolet collection, but I can't find any definitive info on what year it's from. I'm seeing anywhere from 80s, 90s, and 2000s and I'm just dying to know. Can anyone help?

View attachment 5806315

View attachment 5806323

View attachment 5806324

View attachment 5806326
The Cabrio bags are from around 2006 plus/minus a couple of years.

Reactions: GrippySocks
Reactions: GrippySocks
Greetings, friends! My daughter is going to the Barbie movie today is going to carry this vintage Dooney and Bourke bag. I don’t know anything about it but it seems to be called the rainbow signature pattern and I don’t know the name of the shape. She is hoping it is from the year 2000 or so, but I have no idea.

Can you tell me anything about this bag? The interior tag looks authentic and reads H4 217906. The handles are odd. One is very tan and the other is not. Are they vaccetta? Maybe it used to sit in the shop window, I don’t know.

Thanks!

IMG_4161.jpeg

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

Reactions: Lunalark
Greetings, friends! My daughter is going to the Barbie movie today is going to carry this vintage Dooney and Bourke bag. I don’t know anything about it but it seems to be called the rainbow signature pattern and I don’t know the name of the shape. She is hoping it is from the year 2000 or so, but I have no idea.

Can you tell me anything about this bag? The interior tag looks authentic and reads H4 217906. The handles are odd. One is very tan and the other is not. Are they vaccetta? Maybe it used to sit in the shop window, I don’t know.

Thanks!

View attachment 5827567

View attachment 5827568

View attachment 5827569

View attachment 5827570
It's from the IT collection which was coated cotton and the earlier versions had rainbow zipper teeth. I had a similar bag called a domed satchel but it was wider (though same or similar shape) as yours. I don't know whether there was a smaller version.

ETA: I don't believe it's quite vintage yet (considered to be 20+ years old) because it was made approximately 2005-06-ish.

ETA #2: The handles appear to be authentic and are vachetta leather but I have no idea why one is such a different color than the other handle and trim on the rest of the bag.