Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I agree--I can't see H being happy seeing his wife wearing it. Funny how she sent back the rings but not the bracelet--what a goldd!gger.

Also, I remember as a teen going to the local library monthly and grabbing all the fashion mags and reading away the afternoon. I remember when that bracelet was adverted as the "slave" bracelet, I thought it weird with the screws and screwdriver and definitely thinking the "slave" name was not cool. And I still feel that way about that bracelet but very clever for Cartier renaming it and burying the original name--it has worked.
That's seriously what it was first called?? I feel icky just reading that.

I dunno... that's true, yes, but they didn't have to look 'happy', just comfortable together, at least.
Being at the procession of QEII coffin to Westminster Hall a week ago didn't stop her looking smug AF.
Something happened between then and the funeral for her to be looking way off-form at the funeral. She looked pissed off, uncomfortable and far from smug- the complete opposite to her usual narc self.
I agree with this and commented as much to hubby a few times. There were moments where she looked almost sheepish. My instinctive guess at the time, just from gut feeling, was an argument with H. I neither had nor have any concrete reason, just a feeling I had a few times. Shrug. ... Yes, I agree with this above.

I agree with this and commented as much to hubby a few times. There were moments where she looked almost sheepish. My instinctive guess at the time, just from gut feeling, was an argument with H. I neither had nor have any concrete reason, just a feeling I had a few times. Shrug. ... Yes, I agree with this above.
Maybe she heard a foreign phrase, “NO; you will not …” and didn’t have any experience in handling it.

Harry 2016:
View attachment 5615034

Harry 2022:
View attachment 5615035

They're just so in love. Hope she's been worth it.
If they are truly still so in love, good for them. But why does the rest of the world need to know and (presumably) rejoice in their love? If South Africa had not sat up and yelled (figuratively), we would have heard about the celebration in the streets for years, just like the P&G story.

I keep thinking this is a branding exercise and sooner or later we will get a tome entitled The Sussex Way to Staying In Love, subtitled Royal Ways in the Bedroom.

Prince harry OW destroying his Grandma, the Queen and OW encouraging him to talk sh!t about the Queen.
Unbelievable.
I didn't watch the whole interview, just stuff coming onto my feed.
The family betrayal is UNREAL!

This is the guy who also claims that he was keeping an eye on her and making sure she had the right people around her?

Okay, I'm now leaning towards Harry being a narc as well because my office narcs made contradictory statements and got really upset if anyone pointed it out. We were NOT supposed to remember that they said something different earlier. Many times, they even denied that they made the earlier statements. Once, the entire office (10 pax) said, "we all heard it" and he got humiliated and screamed, "I don't remember it, so it doesn't count!"

Opinion piece from Vogue calling criticism of Meghan from the funeral racist. The author doesn’t address the validity of any of the complaints, she’s decided she knows the source of them.

Sorry for giggling, but this sentence is so nonsensical: "after vocal concern about the coloring of her kids, she bore two light-skinned offspring". It's not like that story about Archie's skin colour is proven fact. And this sentence makes them sound like they were mail-order babies and she purposely had light-skinned kids to prove her detractors wrong.

But anyway, I looked through the rest of Raven Smith's writings for Vogue. I think he thrives on controversy. His subject matter is never the same and he says he writes on whatever topic strikes his fancy that week. Maybe he likes to play the devil's advocate with his opinion pieces to up the clicks.

@gracekelly I agree with you completely, but I don't think that was me who said something about the bracelet! Unless I did and can't remember but I don't think it was me...
View attachment 5615010
:biggrin:
Just picking up the bangle thing - it is interesting she lets it be put out it’s her ex’s gift but I doubt it is. She probably sold the original on eBay but it’s not like it’d be hard to get a replacement with her clothing allowance and it pays for itself in emotional blackmail points.
Opinion piece from Vogue calling criticism of Meghan from the funeral racist. The author doesn’t address the validity of any of the complaints, she’s decided she knows the source of them.

Courting all this easy controversy gets clicks and saves having to research anything or find a new story. It’s just the opinions market.

I do blame fox news for this the highly editorial/speech heavy news style was such a big seller everyone wants a piece.

Frustrating in many ways especially for those of us who prefer our H&M content to be the pure undiluted cringe of their actions.

Last edited:
Sorry for giggling, but this sentence is so nonsensical: "after vocal concern about the coloring of her kids, she bore two light-skinned offspring". It's not like that story about Archie's skin colour is proven fact. And this sentence makes them sound like they were mail-order babies and she purposely had light-skinned kids to prove her detractors wrong.

But anyway, I looked through the rest of Raven Smith's writings for Vogue. I think he thrives on controversy. His subject matter is never the same and he says he writes on whatever topic strikes his fancy that week. Maybe he likes to play the devil's advocate with his opinion pieces to up the clicks.
I’m not going to bother giving it the click he wants I agree that sentence is actually kind of undermining his point because it sounds like a struggle with happy resolution and that happy end is ‘light-skin’ kids - makes me wonder if we’re meant to conclude it’d be a less happy ending if they weren’t and what that says about the author really thinks.

I really need to step away from the computer when I'm tired :lol: I clicked on a few pages of Raven Smith Vogue and saw pictures of women beside his name, but I guess I should have kept clicking:eek: