Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
When people mention long lines at the stores, do they mean lines to ask leather desk or lines to enter the store to browse?

I live here and recently I have not seen a queue to enter any of the stores, even FSH. I do see lines at the leather counters and sometimes shoes (?!). Doesn't mean there are none at any time of day, but I pass FSH and Sevres often and never see a line.

When people mention long lines at the stores, do they mean lines to ask leather desk or lines to enter the store to browse?
The only store that had a line to get into it was George V and it had lines every day for 2 weeks straight. It would take between 45min to 90 minutes outside and then another line inside for all depts. No lines to get into the other stores FSH or Sevres but there are waits for service. All of the stores in the George V area had lines the one at Louis Vuitton was insane and there was also a long line for Cartier. No lines to get into FSH or Cartier across the street from FSH.

Thank you for sharing your story and experience! If you don't mind, would be kindly share the specs of your K28 please? Always interested on the colors and leather offered at the moment :biggrin: TIA
Sure K28 Sellier Epsom in Bleu Orage with permabrass hardware- gorgeous bag, a real chameleon it can look green, blue or gray/slate colour depending upon lighting and background colours. Very, very lucky to get as production has been quite limited. Would highly recommend. As Hermes always seems to do things in batches I would say that this colour is likely to be offered in the coming weeks.

Sure K28 Sellier Epsom in Bleu Orage with permabrass hardware- gorgeous bag, a real chameleon it can look green, blue or gray/slate colour depending upon lighting and background colours. Very, very lucky to get as production has been quite limited. Would highly recommend. As Hermes always seems to do things in batches I would say that this colour is likely to be offered in the coming weeks.
Love the pictures I’ve seen of bleu orage! Congrats (with just a bit of jealousy)!!

I passed by the George V store yesterday afternoon, and there were about 8-10 people waiting in line to enter. The store is so small, they don't let everyone at the same time or it would be chaotic inside I guess. Also line at the LV flagship store, but it's been 20 years like that! :lol: And avenue Montaigne, line at Gucci, small line in front of the 2 Chanel stores, small line at Dior, big line at Saint Laurent...

Just realised from @880 previous posts that PFW will end early Oct.. now I will be in Paris end of Oct and it will be my first time trying to shop at H (outside of London) Out of curiosity would the stock be less since they would have sold to celebs/VIPs during that period? Or would it be replenished by then? Of course I will go with high hopes and low expectations but it would be good to have some sort of idea (QB+stock in general)

Reactions: 880 and faab89
My favorite store is by far Sevres, less crowded and much nicer SA's (beside the beautiful store and cafe).
FSH is way too crowded, feels more like Primark than Hermes and George V just puts me off, they have this atmosphere that is simply not inviting (at least for me).
I had the opposite experience. It was at George V when an SA asked me if I needed help and offered to show me bags.

At Sèvres there are always small groups of SAs just milling about in the area between the top of the stairs and the scarf section, completely ignoring the customers, both the ones who are just arriving and the ones who are just wandering by themselves around the store. lol

Thanks for sharing! Congrats on this beauty, love how hermes colors can be so versatile.

Hi all, so sorry to ask this as I’m sure it’s been covered but I read back quite a bit and couldn’t find it. I’m applying from my US cell phone number on Saturday for a Monday appointment. If by a MIRACULOUS chance I end up getting an appointment for on Monday.. do they send time change notifications by email in addition to text (as I saw they can change your appt time a lot on the same day)? I’m concerned since I will have an EU cell number by Monday when I’m in Paris that I won’t get the txts but obviously will have access to email. Greatly appreciate it, thank you!

Reactions: ellie
Hi all, so sorry to ask this as I’m sure it’s been covered but I read back quite a bit and couldn’t find it. I’m applying from my US cell phone number on Saturday for a Monday appointment. If by a MIRACULOUS chance I end up getting an appointment for on Monday.. do they send time change notifications by email in addition to text (as I saw they can change your appt time a lot on the same day)? I’m concerned since I will have an EU cell number by Monday when I’m in Paris that I won’t get the txts but obviously will have access to email. Greatly appreciate it, thank you!

If the system is still the same, it will be your responsibility to check the website throughout the day for the updated appointment time. I don’t believe they send texts or emails with the time change(s).