Gucci price increase

oooh good to know! I really like the looks of their shoes! I feel like I’ll still try to get them sooner rather than later.

That’s a huge increase!!! :amazed: But good to know they were good about the return. I wonder if since there hasn't been a further increase on MT maybe they’ll do a straight exchange… I keep looking at YT reviews and everyone has straight canvas on their WOCs and it’s making me feel all conscious about the one I have looking fake :-s

I would return and state why, we pay a fortune anyway and Gucci need to tighten their quality control.

Reactions: dontencourageme
I bought a small Diana at the Ginza Flagship in May for ¥401,500. (The exchange rate at the time means it was about ~$3100.) Now, the same bag is ¥473,000 — and, even with the current exchange rate of roughly ¥134-135ish to $1 USD, that means the same bag is over $3500+ USD. It's still a significant discount compared to if I purchased it in the US, but I am sure glad I bought it when I did. A ¥70,000 increase is not negligible, in my opinion.

I am pretty mad I didn't buy the lug sole horsebit loafers at the same time, as I would have saved myself about $300 compared to if I bought them now.

Whose wages have gone up 100% in the last 7 years? Who earns 20% more the last 6 months?

I couldn't have said this better myself. Wages worldwide have not risen to meet inflation and it's quite sad. I'm in a unique and VERY fortunate situation where I am paid in USD and live in Japan — so while I've found more liquid cash at my disposal this year, I got bumped up into the next Japanese tax bracket (something like 47%!!!) and that is depressing as hell.

Last edited: