Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Everyone else cried during the actual funeral service, which is normal. TW waited until she stepped out of the church where she knew the world's cameras would all be directed at them, and let that one tear fall. In case anyone missed it, she wiped it away with her odd black opera gloves. Who cries out of one eye? :annoyed:
Lisa Rinna! Bunny Gate. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She’s why I stopped watching.

Diana supposedly got a $22.5 million divorce settlement in one lump sum in 1996. In today’s $$, that would be about $42 million which is not that impressive when compared to the theoretical net worth of the BRF. She also got to keep her apartment in Kensington Palace and a yearly sum to maintain her office. She was married to the Heir to the Throne in addition to being the mother of a future king. Fergie got a much smaller divorce settlement from Andrew in 1996. Something in the neighborhood of 2 million pounds. So TW being married to the spare and not the heir may not get $20 million or more. Of course Diana and Fergie both got divorced in England whereas TW presumably would file for divorce in California which is a community property state. In very simplistic terms anything H had before he married TW would not be community property but anything acquired or earned after they got married would be considered community property. So if they acquired substantial assets after their marriage, TW should do well in a divorce. However, if the rumors are true and they really are in financial difficulty, there might not be much property/ assets to split up. Child support would be another source of contention. Any attorneys on this thread please feel free to correct if I got anything wrong.

Read the comments on this blind item. Super fun! There are some people who really know their UK history. Nobody seems to know what "document" this blind item is referring to, other than perhaps a document that "proves" the illegitimacy of Edward IV about 600 years ago, which would have completely changed history and who inherited the throne and when.

Personally, I think the whole matter is irrelevant in this day and age, and I would see no actual danger to the status quo in *practicality*,

.... BUT ....

OMG, did anyone else catch this line in the comment section?

From someone named "Occasional Badger" ...
"So Meghan Markle may not be "really royal". Is the world ready for this bombshell? No wonder they 'lost' the incriminating document."

BAHAHAHA!!!

Diana supposedly got a $22.5 million divorce settlement in one lump sum in 1996. In today’s $$, that would be about $42 million which is not that impressive when compared to the theoretical net worth of the BRF. She also got to keep her apartment in Kensington Palace and a yearly sum to maintain her office. She was married to the Heir to the Throne in addition to being the mother of a future king. Fergie got a much smaller divorce settlement from Andrew in 1996. Something in the neighborhood of 2 million pounds. So TW being married to the spare and not the heir may not get $20 million or more. Of course Diana and Fergie both got divorced in England whereas TW presumably would file for divorce in California which is a community property state. In very simplistic terms anything H had before he married TW would not be community property but anything acquired or earned after they got married would be considered community property. So if they acquired substantial assets after their marriage, TW should do well in a divorce. However, if the rumors are true and they really are in financial difficulty, there might not be much property/ assets to split up. Child support would be another source of contention. Any attorneys on this thread please feel free to correct if I got anything wrong.
I had read in several books and articles that Diana got £17 million and was allowed to reside in KP. She lost her HRH and even though it was in the divorce agreement, she was denied the royal jet for a lot of her trips. She ended up borrowing a private plane from her many rich acquaintances who were happy to lend.

As you have said, the only reason she got as much as she got was because she was the mother of the future king. TW should pick up a book once in a while. She told a friend that she had "gone deeply into Harrys life" before she met him, but she should have studied up on what was involved in becoming a member of the BRF. She should look to Fergie as a cautionary tale. She was married to the spare, but came out of it with next to nothing.

Last edited:
I had read in several books and articles that Diana got £17 million and was allowed to reside in KP. She lost her HRH and even though it was in the divorce agreement, she was denied the royal jet for a lot of her trips. She ended up borrowing from her many rich acquaintances who were happy to lend.
Why borrow from rich friends when you have £17 million and what kind of friends happily give to a woman with £17 million in the bank with no added housing/rental costs.

Read the comments on this blind item. Super fun! There are some people who really know their UK history. Nobody seems to know what "document" this blind item is referring to, other than perhaps a document that "proves" the illegitimacy of Edward IV about 600 years ago, which would have completely changed history and who inherited the throne and when.
I laughed my head off over this. I especially like the suggestion that the document might be at a certain home in Palm Beach.