The minimalist wardrobe : Support/progress thread

Boots!!
I´m looking for a simple yet feminine boot for everyday wear that will add some coolness and femininity to any outfit :smile: Straight shaft, black, croco or not, small heel, pointy or almond toe.
Found these....but do you have other alternatives....especially European? (These are Tibi, Staud, Anine Bing)
View attachment 5206576View attachment 5206577View attachment 5206578
These are great!! I love the thicker heel on the last pair...I just feel like the kitten heel ones would get so banged up.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Etriers
They
Boots!!
I´m looking for a simple yet feminine boot for everyday wear that will add some coolness and femininity to any outfit :smile: Straight shaft, black, croco or not, small heel, pointy or almond toe.
Found these....but do you have other alternatives....especially European? (These are Tibi, Staud, Anine Bing)
View attachment 5206576View attachment 5206577View attachment 5206578
They are more mid range but I’ve had a lot of wear out of dune shoes

Out of curiosity, how many coats do you have as a minimalist? What are they? What colors? if you want to share, where are you from? I currently live in Oklahoma (ready for pcs order soon) I have a generic version of beige/camel teddy coat from Amazon (winter with layering), classic tan burberry trench coat and I'm looking to add one more coat for now. I was eyeing the diamond quilted burberry jacket in navy or black-to have some diversity in colors.

Screenshot_20211001-121618_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20211001-121213_eBay.jpg

And here is the one I'm thinking about

14726822_26450295_480.jpg

Out of curiosity, how many coats do you have as a minimalist? What are they? What colors? if you want to share, where are you from? I currently live in Oklahoma (ready for pcs order soon) I have a generic version of beige/camel teddy coat from Amazon (winter with layering), classic tan burberry trench coat and I'm looking to add one more coat for now. I was eyeing the diamond quilted burberry jacket in navy or black-to have some diversity in colors.

View attachment 5210984
View attachment 5210985

View attachment 5210988
Tell me more about that teddy coat above...it's from Amazon? It looks so nice!!

This is the coat. It's lined, it doesn't have any closure, no buttons but I don't mind because I plan to add hook and eye closure, maybe decorative buttons too? It has pockets and it's medium lenght I would say. Lining was extremely wrinkled but steamer did a good job. It might seems to be thin, it's pretty lightweight but it's gonna work for me. Here is a couple of pictures

View attachment 5211035

20211001_131420.jpg
20211001_131415.jpg
20210930_152737.jpg

• Love
This is the coat. It's lined, it doesn't have any closure, no buttons but I don't mind because I plan to add hook and eye closure, maybe decorative buttons too? It has pockets and it's medium lenght I would say. Lining was extremely wrinkled but steamer did a good job. It might seems to be thin, it's pretty lightweight but it's gonna work for me. Here is a couple of pictures

View attachment 5211035

View attachment 5211036
View attachment 5211038
View attachment 5211037
Nice!! Thanks for sharing the pics!! :smile:

• Love
They

They are more mid range but I’ve had a lot of wear out of dune shoes

I didn’t see anything on the site about size comparison. If I wear a U.S size 8, what size should I order at Dune?

Edit: Nevermind! I switched countries and the sizing changed, so apparently they want you to order the size you buy in whatever country you’re in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 880

View attachment 5210984
View attachment 5210985

View attachment 5210988

That would be a great addition! I would also recommend maybe a leather jacket—something classic, depending on your style… either sleek black lambskin, or a Shott motorcycle jacket, or a classic brown bomber.

• Love
Reactions: MillStream and 880
So I am putting away summer clothes and taking out the fall / winter ones....realizing I have everything I need pretty much!
Which means I can start replacing the key items with higher quality!
Any recommendations on a pair of boots (black, pointy, low/no heel), a wool winter coat, a suit (pleated large trousers, oversize jacket)??

Reactions: Sterntalerli
So I am putting away summer clothes and taking out the fall / winter ones....realizing I have everything I need pretty much!
Any recommendations on a pair of boots (black, pointy, low/no heel), a wool winter coat, a suit (pleated large trousers, oversize jacket)??
Re boots:

I like the Acne Studios Jensen ones a lot

Reactions: jennlt and mellecyn
Speaking of Acne Studio....I like these low boots: