Revel (looks like LV Alma)

I hope to see people share pictures and thoughts on this style as I haven't seen one in person yet. Here is a link the signature version on Neiman Marcus and below are some pictures I saw in a FB group.
  • Coach 1941 "Revel" top handle bag in signature coated canvas and glove-tanned leather
  • Rolled top handles with removable logo tag, 2.8" drop
  • Detachable, adjustable flat shoulder strap, 21.5" drop
  • Zip top closure
  • Interior, one slip pocket with snap closure
  • Lining: Fabric
  • Feet protect bottom of the bag
  • Approx. 10.3"H x 7.8"W x 4.8"D

View attachment 5598700

View attachment 5598701

View attachment 5598702

View attachment 5598703

View attachment 5598704
Why on earth did coach make it asymmetrical on the pull tabs and metal attachments on the handles??? I like symmetry! Hard pass for me…the asymmetry would bother me too much.

Reactions: Kiradris
Here is a YT video on the style (not mine). She states why she is exchanging it at 11:00 mark.

Nice review. Holds more than I thought, which is nice because I get annoyed with little bags. Must. Resist. Cuteness. @katpeony that’s probably why the tabs are asymmetrical. When pulled down to slide over the lock, the zipper on top will have to be longer to reach down to the same position as the one on the bottom. Then the holes in the tab will align and you can lock them. I would never go through the amount of effort for that, but is kind of nifty, I guess

But really, who is going to lock their zipper pulls down with a key, lol.

I think the Revel is adorable, but I am concerned it will not hold everything I need it to hold-- sunglasses, wallet, small brush, keys, phone, credit card case. I am also concerned about the sloppy stitching that I see quite easily on some of the images on this thread, including on the stone/taupe colored Revel, quite noticeable at the bottom of the bag. I will need to go in person to see if my items fit into the bag, and then I will need to closely inspect the bag at the point of purchase. Other than that, I think this bag is really nice looking. Perhaps this one would be better for my daughter, if I cannot fit the things I need into it.

Thanks for finding and sharing that video @paula3boys. Knowing I'd have to squeeze my hand through the handle because it's not the same size as the Rogue's handle just ruined it for me. I'd want to carry it in on my arm and not in my hand. Sooo.... Maybe I got get another bag with a face on it instead :P

• Haha
Reactions: nyeredzi and p3b
Is it just me, or is the base and/or stitching very uneven on the right? Am I being too picky?
I didn't notice it at first but see what you are talking about now that you pointed it out. It is just a stock photo so who knows if they actually look like that in person.

I just picked up this bag yesterday. Side by side comparison with LV Alma PM. I don't have a BB to compare to, but I know it is larger than that bag. I sold mine because they were just too small. I find it to be about the same weight as the LV in Epi leather which is lighter. The manager at the store I was in said that it will be coming in the deep turquoise color in January. I looked at the Lori in that color and fell in love with it, but I don't do well with bags that don't have a shoulder strap. I will be on the lookout for that color!

alma v coach.jpg

I just picked up this bag yesterday. Side by side comparison with LV Alma PM. I don't have a BB to compare to, but I know it is larger than that bag. I sold mine because they were just too small. I find it to be about the same weight as the LV in Epi leather which is lighter. The manager at the store I was in said that it will be coming in the deep turquoise color in January. I looked at the Lori in that color and fell in love with it, but I don't do well with bags that don't have a shoulder strap. I will be on the lookout for that color!

View attachment 5603717
Congrats on the bag but I can't help noticing your beautiful kitchen & decor! I love the metal tree wall art! Would you mind sharing where you got it? TIA!

Reactions: whateve
Congrats on the bag but I can't help noticing your beautiful kitchen & decor! I love the metal tree wall art! Would you mind sharing where you got it? TIA!
Hi, thank you so much for the compliments! That piece is from many years ago and was created by a local artist. I sadly don't think they are in business anymore.

Reactions: Alexa5

View attachment 5603717

It looks so elegant and chic, congratulations!!
I really wanted it in deep turquoise But why are they releasing it only in January?! :sad: I have seen that it is already available in Asia...

• Sad
Reactions: coloradolvr