**Hermes Chat**

Meet Enzo. What a great name. It has class.

1660775310616.png
Oh

Oh! How Precious :love:
I LOVE Owls! So much so that I've decided that 'if' I ever get a tattoo (unlikely but never say never) I would choose to have an owl as my tattoo of choice.
I adore their faces so much.
Great minds think alike maxroxxherhandbags! I took a night school class on Raptors and then on Owls. There was a field trip for owls on a snowy January day. (Our Middle Atlantic area barely gets any snow now but 50 years ago it did. We went to the C&O Canel towpath and there was a Snowy Owl truly in his element sitting in a tree. Glorious!!

Did you get any of the Amazones HS that came out a while ago? I think that's the one that has an owl on one corner. I would like to get a pendant of Athena with an owl perched on her shoulder. I've never see any like that, Athena evidently plays second fiddle to Medusa. I like Medusa too but she usually has a resting ***** face when she's depicted and I'm not too thrilled about that.

I did see a Medusa piece of jewelery where her eyes were two opals, maybe yellowish. Nicely creepy! The opals have a blank "I'm not really here" gaze. I think it was an antique piece of jewelry.

The 70's were great, everyone was wearing their owl. :smile:

Hello everyone :smile: My SA promised me a quota bag from my wishlist before labor day weekend, which is in 2 weeks.

I haven't heard from her yet and was wondering what everyone's opinion or suggestion was in checking in with her to see if there were any updates, and what i should text without sounding too greedy.

TIA

Hello everyone :smile: My SA promised me a quota bag from my wishlist before labor day weekend, which is in 2 weeks.

I haven't heard from her yet and was wondering what everyone's opinion or suggestion was in checking in with her to see if there were any updates, and what i should text without sounding too greedy.

TIA
What region of the world are you in? It’s very odd for SAs to make fulfillment date promises, and when they do, it’s still usually pretty vague like “hopefully we can find you something by your birthday” and not actually a ”promise.” SAs don’t control when or which stock comes in to the store, nor if the SM will allow the SA to offer it to a given client. I’m guessing there is a misunderstanding here (SA saying a vague “try to” and you being hopeful and hearing that as a definite) but yes, you should check in with her. What typically works best is to schedule an appointment and shop for other things.

Reactions: _kiki119_
What region of the world are you in? It’s very odd for SAs to make fulfillment date promises, and when they do, it’s still usually pretty vague like “hopefully we can find you something by your birthday” and not actually a ”promise.” SAs don’t control when or which stock comes in to the store, nor if the SM will allow the SA to offer it to a given client. I’m guessing there is a misunderstanding here (SA saying a vague “try to” and you being hopeful and hearing that as a definite) but yes, you should check in with her. What typically works best is to schedule an appointment and shop for other things.
USA, Apologies, She ddnt use the word promise but told me she'd make sure that I'd have a bag by a certain date. Thank you

Reactions: acrowcounted
I agree, especially with the last line b/c shopping for other things subtly reminds the SA that you are a valuable customer. It's also an opportunity to discuss in general the bag situation perhaps in a round-about way that prompts the SA to remember that she was optimistic about getting a bag in for you.

Back to Owls…. I had no idea they had such long legs under all their plumage until my friend showed me this picture online.
I love how ashamed the poor owl looks at having his legs on show!
@eagle1002us Sadly I never get to see Owls in the wild here in the UK.
As a child I wanted a pet Owl really really badly...I always was a bit of an oddball I guess!
BE08A026-105E-4DBC-AA51-97B89CE0D701.jpeg :lol:

Back to Owls…. I had no idea they had such long legs under all their plumage until my friend showed me this picture online.
I love how indignant the poor owl looks at having his legs on show
View attachment 5592912 :lol:
OMG, that is really an owl? Maybe he gets his legs shaved b/c the other owls I posted had furry-looking legs. This is a really great owl you found. if you find the name of this species I'd love to know. I'm trying to think what kind of food this one eats in the wild. B/c the long legs look to me like he's trying to avoid some gunk when he picks up the food with his talons. It's truly hysterical. Can you imagine the Les Amazones HS with this owl in one corner? I'd buy the scarf right away. I love goofy looking animals.

• Love
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
OMG, that is really an owl? Maybe he gets his legs shaved b/c the other owls I posted had furry-looking legs. This is a really great owl you found. if you find the name of this species I'd love to know. I'm trying to think what kind of food this one eats in the wild. B/c the long legs look to me like he's trying to avoid some gunk when he picks up the food with his talons. It's truly hysterical. Can you imagine the Les Amazones HS with this owl in one corner? I'd buy the scarf right away. I love goofy looking animals.
I've been googling 'owl legs' (sad but true :smile:) and found lots of similar photos but nothing about what the actual name of this species is.
Try googling 'Owl legs' its an eye-opener including some hilarious photos!
BTW I too remember the 70's when Owls were somewhat in fashion, and I vaguely remember my mother having some crazy Owl pendant that was somehow jointed so when it dangled it used to jingle and move.
She probably brought it from a hippie in Portobello Rd market...
Those were the days!

• Love
Reactions: eagle1002us
I've been googling 'owl legs' (sad but true :smile:) and found lots of similar photos but nothing about what the actual name of this species is.
Try googling 'Owl legs' its an eye-opener including some hilarious photos!
BTW I too remember the 70's when Owls were somewhat in fashion, and I vaguely remember my mother having some crazy Owl pendant that was somehow jointed so when it dangled it used to jingle and move.
She probably brought it from a hippie in Portobello Rd market...
Those were the days!
Indeed, those were the days for jewelry-inspired comradery. In the eighties I recall that crown pins were worn. A couple of decades later I got a Minnie Mouse pin from ebay where she's a cheerleader waving a pom-pom. And a pin of Mickey bursting out of a frame shaped like a star. Nobody wears pins anymore.
Maybe that owl was the offspring of an ordinary owl and an ostrich or flamingo?

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags