Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! My husband and I are going to Paris next week for our honeymoon. I’ve not been since I was a child so I’m super excited. We figured we’d try our luck with the appointment system since we’ll be there anyway. My question is whether I should be applying for the day we arrive or not. The flight gets in at 10 am, so the earliest appointments would not be doable for us. My initial thought was it would be pointless since we risk getting an appointment we can’t make it to.

Second question is if there’s a store or time of day that’s better to go shopping in than the others. We’re traveling with our 3 month old so I want the actual in store shopping to be as smooth as I can make it. Where I’m from we only have one H store, and although the selection is good I imagine Paris to be better. So naturally I want to check it out, but also not spend more time than we have to.

Reactions: needlv and Bereal
Honestly, given the very low probability of obtaining an appointment on the first try (or even at all), you might as well enter the lottery for that first day. With an arrival at 10am, the earliest you'd get comfortably the center is 12pm-12.30pm. So, if you do get an appointment, for you not to be able to make it would mean that you'd receive a 10.30 to 11.30 am slot. That worst case scenario has a really low probability. If you do find yourself in that situation, I think if you called them they could be accommodating for an hour or two. Again super small chance of this happening. I would try it, just to have the history of lottery attempts so that when you do make a purchase, you would have the "oh I've been trying for days with no luck" argument in case that topic casually comes up.

I recommend the Sèvres store, it's super spacious so that you wouldn't feel so crowded inside with a push chair. FSH is a super busy in comparison, and the atmosphere at Sèvres there is much more relaxed I find. I like that area better too. SAs at Sèvres have been able to check stock at the two other stores for me before when I was looking for something specific, so you would not lose out, but they are well stocked anyways.

Hello everyone! My husband and I are going to Paris next week for our honeymoon. I’ve not been since I was a child so I’m super excited. We figured we’d try our luck with the appointment system since we’ll be there anyway. My question is whether I should be applying for the day we arrive or not. The flight gets in at 10 am, so the earliest appointments would not be doable for us. My initial thought was it would be pointless since we risk getting an appointment we can’t make it to.

Second question is if there’s a store or time of day that’s better to go shopping in than the others. We’re traveling with our 3 month old so I want the actual in store shopping to be as smooth as I can make it. Where I’m from we only have one H store, and although the selection is good I imagine Paris to be better. So naturally I want to check it out, but also not spend more time than we have to.
Check how long the lines are to clear passport control and get out of the airport. When I was there in July the lines were very long except if you had status (flying first or business) in which case you would sail through. I had status so was able to move very quickly. And then it was a long drive into the centre due to traffic. We arranged a private service to meet us at the airport for which we were thankful as the taxi line was long. And you will want to check in your bags first at the hotel. I think the first day will be a challenge especially since you are travelling with a baby. But YMMV. Enjoy Paris! It is delightful and way more than just Hermes.

Ah yes, I didn't account for the luggage and baby logistics, sorry. Indeed that makes it more hectic to get to the store on the first day.
However, given the experiences shared here, it would seem tough to get an appointment on the first try with pure luck (I don't want to speculate on the algorithm behind slots allocation, but there seems to be a pattern of people never getting it on the first try). I would still try though, just to have the failure on record.

Reactions: BirkinBish
Thank you both! Luckily for us we’re from a Schengen country, so we don’y have to worry about the passport control. We’re aiming to catch the express train into the city (should take 40 minutes from AirPort to our hotel according to Google ). I reckon we’ll be at the hotel by noon, but if the flight is delayed who knows. We’ll see how frisky I feel next Monday! We’re so looking forward to strolling around Paris for a few days. A leather appointment would be a nice bonus but absolutely not a must.

Ah yes, I didn't account for the luggage and baby logistics, sorry. Indeed that makes it more hectic to get to the store on the first day.
However, given the experiences shared here, it would seem tough to get an appointment on the first try with pure luck (I don't want to speculate on the algorithm behind slots allocation, but there seems to be a pattern of people never getting it on the first try). I would still try though, just to have the failure on record.
I wouldn’t risk getting an appointment on the first try and not being able to make it. I succeeded on my first attempt with the appointment lottery last year, so it is possible.

I wanted to share my experience. I got an appointment for George V last week, and I had been applying on/off for the past couple weeks since I am based in London and could make a quick trip down. When we arrived at our appointment, the SA was very curt. She asked to see my passport and then asked me what I wanted. She did not introduce herself and ignored my attempts at any small talk. Obviously I knew at this point it was a done deal. She came back with a Mosaique bag, which is nowhere on my wishlist. She said they had very low stock, not even mini Evelyn. I thanked her and left. Perhaps it's the combination of August being a bad time to go + George V being more of a local store.

At least I still had time for a nice late lunch in the city with my husband. My fear with applying from London was ruining a city I love with a bad memory of not getting a bag. Right after the appointment, I was disappointed but I was quickly won over by the beauty of Paris.

But given the high air fare (trains were sold out/ too early to make my return to London), I would not do it again. I admit I was curious about the process, so I don't regret doing it. At least now I can say I have tried the Paris lottery route. If I planned a trip to Paris, I would certainly apply for an appointment. However, I have a great relationship with my local SA and would not apply for an appointment from London again.

I wanted to share my experience. I got an appointment for George V last week, and I had been applying on/off for the past couple weeks since I am based in London and could make a quick trip down. When we arrived at our appointment, the SA was very curt. She asked to see my passport and then asked me what I wanted. She did not introduce herself and ignored my attempts at any small talk. Obviously I knew at this point it was a done deal. She came back with a Mosaique bag, which is nowhere on my wishlist. She said they had very low stock, not even mini Evelyn. I thanked her and left. Perhaps it's the combination of August being a bad time to go + George V being more of a local store.

At least I still had time for a nice late lunch in the city with my husband. My fear with applying from London was ruining a city I love with a bad memory of not getting a bag. Right after the appointment, I was disappointed but I was quickly won over by the beauty of Paris.

But given the high air fare (trains were sold out/ too early to make my return to London), I would not do it again. I admit I was curious about the process, so I don't regret doing it. At least now I can say I have tried the Paris lottery route. If I planned a trip to Paris, I would certainly apply for an appointment. However, I have a great relationship with my local SA and would not apply for an appointment from London again.
After reading your experience, I'm frustrated. I'm travelling to London for 2 weeks in October and is going to apply for an appointment. If there is a lucky moment, that I've scored an appointment, I'll take the earliest EUROSTAR on the next day for the appointment. Is it a stupid thought?

After reading your experience, I'm frustrated. I'm travelling to London for 2 weeks in October and is going to apply for an appointment. If there is a lucky moment, that I've scored an appointment, I'll take the earliest EUROSTAR on the next day for the appointment. Is it a stupid thought?
If you get an appointment - go.
You may get a bag or you may not.

nothing is a stupid thought. if i were u, i would do the same. if it comforts u, we have "stupid thoughts" together.
If no bags, you can still have some coffee and nice food there and just to have the feeling of adrenaline rush.

Just be sure there are tickets for the Eurostar (tickets are now flexible though, you can change your booking up to 7 days before departure). It's Thurs today, and if traveling to London to Paris, I can't even get Sunday or Monday (21/22) up today, so if you leave it last minute you may not be able to get a ticket.

Hi all! I’m with my sister in Paris but she is recovering from COVID. If we both apply for an appointment but she gets it, do you think they’d let me go in her place if she’s still testing positive? Thanks.
No. And she cannot reschedule. She has to reapply. The concern you should have is not whether you can take her appt, but if you catch covid from her (even if you have a negative test) and infect others. That’s true even if you manage to get your own appt.

@iwanta30B , why not if you have the time and can get a eurostar. But, just be prepared bc getting an appt is not a guarantee you will get a bag