Favorite Chanel YouTubers?

Bothers me too! Why unbox new bags that you "love love LOVE" influence subbies to buy those bags, then complain about how it didn't work and do a vlog sale. So many youtubers doing this, especially with Chanel.
Youtube has become a way of earning, for some it is main source of income . Like some YouTubers earn more than 10000$ a month just by posting random come shop with me or what I eat in a day !

It is all about drama, it is all about views , it is all about sponsorships, it is all about money! Youtube videos are sooo fake these days!

Amy is trying to sell her stuff on Facebook groups now too. I guess her vlog/ig sales hasnt been successful. Just shows how luxury resale has slowed down. Even for youtubers.
Yesterday there was a community post on her channel indicating that she was going to send them to Consignment shop..

i agree with you @jsmile ! resale is not great . a friend of mine tried to sell her Small coco handle in purple (trending colour at the moment) and it stayed with 2 consigners for almost 3 months (in total) and did not sell. She got it back and still paid consignor's fees of 10% and decided not to sell.

i would not buy Chanel thinking of resale value at the moment !

Yesterday there was a community post on her channel indicating that she was going to send them to Consignment shop..

i agree with you @jsmile ! resale is not great . a friend of mine tried to sell her Small coco handle in purple (trending colour at the moment) and it stayed with 2 consigners for almost 3 months (in total) and did not sell. She got it back and still paid consignor's fees of 10% and decided not to sell.

i would not buy Chanel thinking of resale value at the moment !
So true. Especially here in Germany people have always been very careful with their money and at the moment they are even more frugal. Many luxury items don't get sold at all on the resale market. I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of selling anything luxury at the moment. Whatsmore, you always here stories of buyers trying to claim something went wrong with their purchase and honest sellers have to deal with the consequences.

So true. Especially here in Germany people have always been very careful with their money and at the moment they are even more frugal. Many luxury items don't get sold at all on the resale market. I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of selling anything luxury at the moment. Whatsmore, you always here stories of buyers trying to claim something went wrong with their purchase and honest sellers have to deal with the consequences.
True ! Irrespective of recession or not .. luxury is super hyped at the moment due to social media, it is not sustainable!
I think this is the best time to enjoy what we own already instead of thinking about next bag ❤️

So sorry for all of the spelling mistakes. :lol:
Just read my comment again while scrolling through and can't believe I didn't see them before posting. :whut:

Honestly, I'm very surprised that Amy hasn't sold more of her items and is even thinking about consigning them now. I just looked at her prices again and for some of the items, she lowered the price by $50, ie. her eze sandals, but took out the 'standard shipping included' part. So basically, she didn't even really reduce price lol. And for some of them, she only knocked down the price by $10, ie. her manolos, her LV pendant, her neverfulls. Maybe she'll still make some money or break even on her items through consignment, just not as much as if she sold them herself? I wonder why people haven't snapped up her items like in her previous "sales". Maybe it's like some of you pointed out that people are more mindful about their spending in this economy :smile:

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm very surprised that Amy hasn't sold more of her items and is even thinking about consigning them now. I just looked at her prices again and for some of the items, she lowered the price by $50, but took out the 'standard shipping included' part worth $50, ie. her eze sandals. So basically, she didn't even reduce price lol. Or she knocked down the prices by (a whopping lol) $10, ie. her manolos, her neverfulls. I don't think she's used to losing any $ selling her items, which is very fortunate on her part. But maybe she'll still make some money or break even on some of her items through consignment, just not as much as if she'd sell them herself? I wonder why people haven't snapped up her items like in her previous "sales". Maybe it's like some of you pointed out that people are more mindful about their spending in this economy :smile:
Sales are very slow right now all around I think. I submitted 2 rather popular items to Fashionphile and they won't even quote me because they have too much stock of the same style (even though they don't have the colors I submitted). All the selling groups I'm in also seems to have slowed down. Maybe a summer slump? I feel like Amy should have waited another month or 2 before doing her sale if she wanted those prices. They're pretty high and it seems demand is pretty low. People will probably want to buy again closer to the holidays. Right now people are probably too busy back to school shopping and recovering from vacation spend lol.

Sales are very slow right now all around I think. I submitted 2 rather popular items to Fashionphile and they won't even quote me because they have too much stock of the same style (even though they don't have the colors I submitted). All the selling groups I'm in also seems to have slowed down. Maybe a summer slump? I feel like Amy should have waited another month or 2 before doing her sale if she wanted those prices. They're pretty high and it seems demand is pretty low. People will probably want to buy again closer to the holidays. Right now people are probably too busy back to school shopping and recovering from vacation spend lol.
Oh, wow, really? TFS!

I think the majority of her viewers are outside Canada. They will have to pay for shipping and wait longer to get the bag through customs, and there's no return or exchange after buying. Her pricing is very high, comparable to Fashionphile. I would rather buy from FP. I can use my credit card to get points and if there's something wrong with the bag, I can always return it within 30 days no hassle.

Last edited:
I think her majority viewers are outside Canada. They will have to pay for shipping and wait longer to get the bag, and there's no return or exchange after buying. Her pricing is very high, comparable to Fashionphile. I would rather buy from FP. I can use my credit card to get points and if there's something wrong with the bag, I can always return it within 30 days no hassle.
Yes, that's true too, I didn't think of that. I live in a pretty high tax city so often times it does benefit me to buy from a person/reseller instead of Fashionphile to avoid the sales tax, but having to pay international shipping and probably customs too just doesn't make it worth it.

Oh she’s having a luxury fatigue ATM
After scoring an Hermes and doing Chanel vlogs with her DV? Haha Please don’t push those lesser-known sponsored brands

View attachment 5589229
Her channel has become very frantic and exhausting.

Whenever theres a LV or Chanel price increase she scurries to upload a video doing calculations, just to continue purchasing said brand.

I also find it funny that she claimed to pause on spending but bought a $10k+ Hermes Kelly which seemed impulsive given her Birkin is fairly new.

I used to enjoy her videos, but you can tell that she only truly cares about having quota bags and hard to get Chanels because she can afford it, I guess lol.

Been really liking Jasleen from therealshakeen lately. The way she comes across seemed quite thoughtful, balanced and mature. In her latest video, she did bring up TPF and I was surprised to hear how she has been criticized by some TPF members? I cant find teh relevant thread or convo, and wondered what the context was....

Reactions: bibogirl
My serious question is: At a certain point is there still excitement? Like do these people walk through the street and think about all their belongings and it makes them smile? I just can’t imagine that. It’s human nature to get used to almost everything in life. This is how most brains work. And I understand the “it‘s my job as a luxury or fashion blogger to try new things“ but at what frequency and what’s the message You get across? More is more and better? I‘m bored with unboxings, shopping-vlogs or hauls. I used to be so interested and excited for these videos and nowadays I hardly watch it anymore. YouTube has become a live shopping show and not a good one.
I read probably 10 pages of posts in this thread. This is the one that I completely agree and this is exactly how i feel too. Well said!