Birkin Sellier

I love mine. Wear it with skirts, jeans, shorts, everything. I am also fond of wearing my K25 and 28 sellier casually. i have posted action pics in other threads, but here are some cross posts (with dresses, sweats, cargos, denim, shorts, sneakers, birkenstocks, and next to a B30 swift

FD82253C-68F4-4747-B533-F0574561C5BA.jpegFEE423C5-CD7B-48C1-B32E-2E6D49FC393E.jpeg19A67E9A-346F-4F37-9AAC-9DAB5D243741.jpeg34B967A5-D910-4F77-9978-3AF6E99B1691.jpegAADEC170-3CEE-4BAF-B410-511B832E78CB.jpeg7C6552BA-3C77-47A4-B173-BE65E516B3C0.jpeg56CC456F-78D2-4F4E-8237-FEA16C619002.jpegA05A3EF1-5BD6-427C-8D2E-C9E5C7499586.jpeg292E68E2-A746-4D57-AB61-29F328DDBBCE.jpeg5FEAC844-7777-44EC-A605-DEA65A900C3B.jpeg

Last edited:
I love mine. Wear it with skirts, jeans, shorts, everything. I am also fond of wearing my K25 and 28 sellier casually. i have posted action pics in other threads, but here are some cross posts (with dresses, sweats, cargos, denim, shorts, sneakers, birkenstocks, and next to a B30 swift

View attachment 5440384View attachment 5440385View attachment 5440386View attachment 5440387View attachment 5440389View attachment 5440390View attachment 5440391View attachment 5440393View attachment 5440394View attachment 5440388

Effortless. :love:

Hi, my SA texted me saying my B25 sellier in gold with phw is on the way. This is indeed my first birkin and I am so much over the moon!
I would like to get an insert for it. I check with Mai Tai. She says her current stock is probably too long for a sellier. Is 7rp the only option? Or any other brands you will recommend?

Thank you

• Love
Reactions: BreezyE and missBV
Hi, my SA texted me saying my B25 sellier in gold with phw is on the way. This is indeed my first birkin and I am so much over the moon!
I would like to get an insert for it. I check with Mai Tai. She says her current stock is probably too long for a sellier. Is 7rp the only option? Or any other brands you will recommend?

Thank you
Try Samorga

Reactions: seeseeB

Thank you
A friend just got B Sellier and she said 7rp is the only insert option atm.

Thank you
I have a B30 Sellier and get all of my purse inserts from JennyKrafts on ETsy. Fits perfectly and if you have any questions she is very responsive.

Reactions: seeseeB
Hello PF,

I have an odd question because I purchased my first Birkin sellier and I was wondering if you all have this similar quality issue. (Pic below taken when I got it)

9186CF81-70E0-435F-8E9B-F7CC40270375.jpeg

So when I purchased it (fresh from the store), I noticed a tear on the right side of the bag after opening my flap. Hermes was fantastic and fixed the waxing overnight, but I just opened my bag and it happened again (pics below taken after I picked it up from repair)

32E42245-9B3A-4CF7-B26F-575B2FD4B741.jpeg

I guess the solution would be to be super careful opening my bag, or exchanging it for another. Or, should I ask them to repair again? Would you keep it? Am I making a big issue over something minor? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here’s another angle.
61DCCC9E-5BA2-4DEA-AA0A-EF359E2D0BF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello PF,

I have an odd question because I purchased my first Birkin sellier and I was wondering if you all have this similar quality issue.

View attachment 5588805

So when I purchased it (fresh from the store), I noticed a tear on the right side of the bag after opening my flap. Hermes was fantastic and fixed the waxing overnight, but I just opened my bag and it happened again

View attachment 5588806

I guess the solution would be to be super careful opening my bag, or exchanging it for another. Or, should I ask them to repair again? Would you keep it? Am I making a big issue over something minor? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here’s another angle.
View attachment 5588815
This would bother me, especially if it had already been fixed once and happened immediately again. I would take it back to the store again and explain the situation and see what your options are. I have a feeling that ”an exchange” isn’t really going to be an option provided but they may try to send it to Paris to do more than a ”quick fix” or they may give you store credit for a return.

This would bother me, especially if it had already been fixed once and happened immediately again. I would take it back to the store again and explain the situation and see what your options are. I have a feeling that ”an exchange” isn’t really going to be an option provided but they may try to send it to Paris to do more than a ”quick fix” or they may give you store credit for a return.
Thank you. They took it back and gave me store credit. It’s a shame though because the color is gorgeous. Guess I’ll have to do a SO one day

Sad I didn’t even use it once

2C8C6B22-C60B-498C-8FB0-6DCA9D642466.jpeg

Thank you. They took it back and gave me store credit. It’s a shame though because the color is gorgeous. Guess I’ll have to do a SO one day

View attachment 5592524
I’m so sorry this happened to you and I’m sure you will get another offer very soon! :flowers:
My B25 sellier is super sturdy, so I think yours is definitely not the norm

View attachment 5592524

So sorry to hear! And not even used once! :sad: Was it not just a glazing issue to the edge of the leather? Maybe it's a bigger issue than I can see (the leather does look splayed out there), but I'm confused why new glazing in that area could not resolve the problem. Did they offer more info? (edited to add, I do see they tried to fix it locally, and it split open again. Did they share why they were not able to successfully fix?)

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteBus
So sorry to hear! And not even used once! :sad: Was it not just a glazing issue to the edge of the leather? Maybe it's a bigger issue than I can see (the leather does look splayed out there), but I'm confused why new glazing in that area could not resolve the problem. Did they offer more info? (edited to add, I do see they tried to fix it locally, and it split open again. Did they share why they were not able to successfully fix?)

So anytime I wanted to open or close the bag, I would have had to be extra careful that the flap didn’t rub against that part (which is hard to do with a sturdy bag). It looks like it wasn’t really waxed there when I initially got it, and my local store Re-waxed it. Unfortunately the edge was already stretched so they wouldn’t have been able to resolve that. And… the tear would have kept happening even if they fixed it again and again

Next time I’ll inspect my bags before leaving the store. I do think I was just very unlucky and the customer service was fantastic