Influencers and Hermes

100% about being associated with the right image.
While I absolutely agree with you as an Hermes consumer and super fan, I think anybody on the sell side of Hermes would adopt the Hollywood mantra re: publicity. Any publicity is good publicity. My personal ethics don’t necessarily align with how the Kardashian Klan, Kanye, Real Housewives, etc, do business, but their wearing of Birkins have definitely boosted sales despite their image.

I think some here have gotten caught up in Cassie’s current follower count and haven’t actually seen her trajectory. She’s increased followers rapidly in a single year and her engagement off the back of followers is far better than some of the more “established” influencers (which begs the question of whether they have bots propping up their accounts…otherwise they are just producing rubbish content). I have zero idea of the myriad of possible reasons Cassie got her MK, but let’s not kid ourselves if we think the brand doesn’t have their finger on the pulse of those influencers who are in prime growth mode in core and emerging demographics.

ETA: Let’s also not forget Cassie’s mom has a preexisting relationship with Hermès as well.

I love Cassie’s content and was thrilled she got the mini Kelly in such an incredible colour. Orange is always on my wish list!
Position and influence aside, she’s got a fabulously fun personality and I’m sure her SA enjoys working with her. Good on her. :tup:
I absolutely love her. Tbh, her vids are less stressful than others I've watched. She's not too crazy about discussing price increases, how much her collection is worth etc. Overall, after watching several of her videos recently, I've come to a conclusion that she really goes for what she likes. And truly enjoys them. Whether it be a green bag (not my taste but I love how she loves it), crazy high heeled shoes or even the tiniest jacquemus bag. She just really owns her decisions on items that she bought. And now, when I see neon coloured bags, it gives me the Cassie vibe. I don't get that kind of idea with other influencers. Most of the collections of influencers are the same. Not Cassie. She's got her signature style.

I was just watching Youtuber LVloverCC's new video and she's doing a giveaway on an Evelyne TPM - and the winner can choose the bag in either Noir or Etoupe. Now considering the state of current Hermès lottery game, it's quite possible that for some people it's probably a higher chance of getting this bag by entering a Youtuber's giveaway than actually entering a Hermès store and just purchasing the bag.

You could either enter the Youtuber lottery (once) and maybe end up getting the bag for free, or enter the Hermès lottery (every day for a month or something ridiculous) and end up not even getting a leather appointment, or end up playing the game with pre-spend, SA's pretending there's no stock (meaning there's no stock for you) etc. and of course paying the full price in the end for the bumpy ride you got.

I just found the thought quite funny :coolio:

I was just watching Youtuber LVloverCC's new video and she's doing a giveaway on an Evelyne TPM - and the winner can choose the bag in either Noir or Etoupe. Now considering the state of current Hermès lottery game, it's quite possible that for some people it's probably a higher chance of getting this bag by entering a Youtuber's giveaway than actually entering a Hermès store and just purchasing the bag.

You could either enter the Youtuber lottery (once) and maybe end up getting the bag for free, or enter the Hermès lottery (every day for a month or something ridiculous) and end up not even getting a leather appointment, or end up playing the game with pre-spend, SA's pretending there's no stock (meaning there's no stock for you) etc. and of course paying the full price in the end for the bumpy ride you got.

I just found the thought quite funny :coolio:
I don't know the YouTuber and haven't watched, but a few thoughts:
1. Are these old, used bags of hers she is magnanimously donating to the masses so they too can enjoy an Hermes bag? Her motives, of course, would have nothing to do with increasing her audience, they are pure altruism.
2. Or perhaps new bags of hers? If so, the questions then become
A. Did she purchase them from a store? For the sole purpose of selling and increasing her views?
B. A reseller?
C. Are they fakes? A VERY interesting probability in this comparison of lottery systems and chance.

Not throwing any shade at the person- I don't know her ( actually, no one "knows" anyone on YouTube) just saying that's what came to my mind in about a nanosecond.
To stay on topic... Unpopular opinion? Loathe etoupe! :lol:

I don't know the YouTuber and haven't watched, but a few thoughts:
1. Are these old, used bags of hers she is magnanimously donating to the masses so they too can enjoy an Hermes bag? Her motives, of course, would have nothing to do with increasing her audience, they are pure altruism.
2. Or perhaps new bags of hers? If so, the questions then become
A. Did she purchase them from a store? For the sole purpose of selling and increasing her views?
B. A reseller?
C. Are they fakes? A VERY interesting probability in this comparison of lottery systems and chance.

Not throwing any shade at the person- I don't know her ( actually, no one "knows" anyone on YouTube) just saying that's what came to my mind in about a nanosecond.
She's one of those very maximalist Youtubers with gigantic luxury collections and endless hauls. Seems like a lovely lady with a big heart though, nothing against her.

The bags are new and she mentioned paying $2,000 per bag with tax free. She mentioned getting at least the Etoupe one at the Atlanta store through her SA recently. I don't watch her regularly but I think she does luxury giveaways quite often as a way of giving back to her viewers. Of course it's for views and clicks too.

She's a very wealthy person who seems to have access to whatever she wants, and films her trips to the stores etc. So personally I'm sure the bags are real.

Anyway, I originally posted this in the Unpopular Hermès opinion thread as my unpopular opinion was that considering the random Hermès lottery system, some people might have a higher chance of getting this bag from a Youtuber giveaway instead of actually purchasing from a Hermès store. My message was transferred to this thread which is fine too.

O...M...G!
Influencer @StyledbyShishi's husband got FIVE years in prison for literally BURNING PETS ALIVE in an attempt to get his tenets to move! This is unbelievable... to think this is how she funds her Hermès bags... Just disgusting!
Notorious Brooklyn slumlord sentenced to five years for arson scheme

Last edited:
O...M...G!
Influencer @StyledbyShishi's husband got FIVE years in prison for literally BURNING PETS ALIVE in an attempt to get his tenets to move! This is unbelievable... to think this is how she funds her Hermès bags... Just disgusting!

I read that he tried to burn down the building to get the TENANTS to move out so he could renovate and charge more money. Left the building in bad condition such as no heating in winter … whilst he and his family are enjoying the luxury life he has no care for individuals, their kids, the elderly or any human being. Also, this is not the first time he has committed shoddy acts to tenants. So whilst there are many people earning and spending lawfully earned money don’t be fooled by those people who show their lifestyle of being rich & fabulous.

O...M...G!

I read that he tried to burn down the building to get the TENANTS to move out so he could renovate and charge more money. Left the building in bad condition such as no heating in winter … whilst he and his family are enjoying the luxury life he has no care for individuals, their kids, the elderly or any human being. Also, this is not the first time he has committed shoddy acts to tenants.

Yeah, he has been in various amounts of legal trouble quite a bit over the years regarding his (ehem) properties and tenants; lots of articles floating around. Every time he gets in trouble, she deletes her IG and goes dark. She's still been posting like NBD this time around, who knows. :shrugs:

I read that he tried to burn down the building to get the TENANTS to move out so he could renovate and charge more money. Left the building in bad condition such as no heating in winter … whilst he and his family are enjoying the luxury life he has no care for individuals, their kids, the elderly or any human being. Also, this is not the first time he has committed shoddy acts to tenants.
Utter scum.
I feel so sad when I see how peoples greed can make them commit truly evil acts against their fellow humans.
I know this is off topic but A persons true worth is measured by his deeds as well as the amount in their bank account or the handbags in their closet.

I read that he tried to burn down the building to get the TENANTS to move out so he could renovate and charge more money. Left the building in bad condition such as no heating in winter … whilst he and his family are enjoying the luxury life he has no care for individuals, their kids, the elderly or any human being. Also, this is not the first time he has committed shoddy acts to tenants. So whilst there are many people earning and spending lawfully earned money don’t be fooled by those people who show their lifestyle of being rich & fabulous.

Yeah, he has been in various amounts of legal trouble quite a bit over the years regarding his (ehem) properties and tenants; lots of articles floating around. Every time he gets in trouble, she deletes her IG and goes dark. She's still been posting like NBD this time around, who knows. :shrugs:

Utter scum.
I feel so sad when I see how peoples greed can make them commit truly evil acts against their fellow humans.
I know this is off topic but A persons true worth is measured by his deeds as well as the amount in their bank account or the handbags in their closet.
That is what shocked me most, that he's done this before and yet she has over 100k followers and sponsored content from places like Saks and invites to Netflix premiers.. like seriously?! Meanwhile his former tenants lost all their worldly possessions and have to live with the fact that their pets were burned alive (I cannot get over that!)... all while styledbyshishi posts about her latest shopping sprees. Some people have no shame (or morality for that matter).

Back to 'influencers'...
I also find it a sad reflection of our times that 'some' influencers like POF are so desperate to portray a certain wealthy devil may care luxury consumer life-style that they need to keep buying then flipping to fund the next 'unboxing' the next 'reveal'.
I suspect that the reason POF seemingly changes her opinion of her purchases and moves them on swiftly after purchase with minimum or no mark-up is actually in order to pay her CC bill and fund her next purchase.
I have only ever watched her two vids that were spoken of at length on this forum (the most recent one was mainly on fast forward then I gave up half way through...It wasn't even entertaining or informative it was just like listening to a crazy woman ranting on the subway).
The newer influencer culture in my perception is based primarily on creating a sense of "look at me! look at my fabulous life!dont you wish you could be like me???"-they want to create envy in their viewers as opposed to admiration.
The original concept of an 'influencer' is someone with style or taste someone who innovates and discovers someone with a viewpoint and a soupçon of originality (Susie Bubble was one of the original influencers as was my friend Maison magda).
I think its unhealthy and making many young women dissatisfied with their lot or worse get into serious debt.
Bear in mind my viewpoint is as an older woman with 40 years studying and working in fashion.
possibly considered an 'out of touch' or unpopular viewpoint by some.