Scarves Silk Marbling Scarves

Last edited:
I received my 2022 Marble Scarf today and love it but am questioning all the white spots.
Is this normal? These white spots are throughout the scarf.

Hopefully these pics will show what I’m referring to…..

Also notice some color is also showing on the tissue paper was well in the second pic.

View attachment 5586688

View attachment 5586689

View attachment 5586690

View attachment 5586691
I have seen similar white spots on other marble scarves and twillys. I don’t know what it is.:shrugs: Hopefully an expert can chime in here:flowers:

P.S. How do you like this design for 2022?:flowers:

I received my 2022 Marble Scarf today and love it but am questioning all the white spots.
Is this normal? These white spots are throughout the scarf.

Hopefully these pics will show what I’m referring to…..

Also notice some color is also showing on the tissue paper was well in the second pic.

View attachment 5586688

View attachment 5586689

View attachment 5586690

View attachment 5586691
I saw two of these in person recently and both had the same white dots!

I went back to the first post in this thread and rewatched the video. They specifically say that they use the hand technique shown, because an inkjet printer would give inferior results. Looking closely at the photo in the first post, you can see white spots, especially on the dark blue sections. Given that the colored paste is cut up and then pressed back together again, it would not surprise me that there remain some tiny air pockets that could result in the spots. Just my guess as to their origin.

I went back to the first post in this thread and rewatched the video. They specifically say that they use the hand technique shown, because an inkjet printer would give inferior results. Looking closely at the photo in the first post, you can see white spots, especially on the dark blue sections. Given that the colored paste is cut up and then pressed back together again, it would not surprise me that there remain some tiny air pockets that could result in the spots. Just my guess as to their origin.
Thanks. Great info!

I thought exactly the same, tiny air pockets in the paste