How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
How's your mom doing Smama? I know you've mentioned she's immunocompromised. :shocked:
Thank you for asking. She was hospitalized for her cancer related illness, but she was thankfully symptom free for the most part. She did get nasally and had maybe a cough or 2 per day, for a day or so.
She was tested for covid upon arrival at the hospital for her cancer illness, and that's how she found out. When we found out that she tested positive, we were all nervous, thinking that she wouldn't make it, due to her immunocompromised condition.
They put her in an isolated room, and the doctors and nurses all had to wear a special outfit to enter the room.
She is covid free now, but I still wear a mask when I'm around her, and I wear a mask whenever I'm out and about, and so does my husband.
Sometimes I feel awkward wearing a mask when no one else is wearing it, but I would feel really terrible if I knew that I caused a covid death.

Thank you for asking. She was hospitalized for her cancer related illness, but she was thankfully symptom free for the most part. She did get nasally and had maybe a cough or 2 per day, for a day or so.
She was tested for covid upon arrival at the hospital for her cancer illness, and that's how she found out. When we found out that she tested positive, we were all nervous, thinking that she wouldn't make it, due to her immunocompromised condition.
They put her in an isolated room, and the doctors and nurses all had to wear a special outfit to enter the room.
She is covid free now, but I still wear a mask when I'm around her, and I wear a mask whenever I'm out and about, and so does my husband.
Sometimes I feel awkward wearing a mask when no one else is wearing it, but I would feel really terrible if I knew that I caused a covid death.
How scary for you all! I'm so glad she had a mild case. Hopefully the cancer related illness stays contained. Hugs to you and your family :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: Sunshine mama
My husband is going on a work trip soon and I don't really want to be here when he gets back in case he brings it with him. He wants to just isolate in our room and have me stay in the guest room, but I don't think that is going to work out well. I feel so much anxiety right now. It's not just him that his work is putting at risk, it's our whole family. I don't want to lose him and I don't want to get sick.

My husband is going on a work trip soon and I don't really want to be here when he gets back in case he brings it with him. He wants to just isolate in our room and have me stay in the guest room, but I don't think that is going to work out well. I feel so much anxiety right now. It's not just him that his work is putting at risk, it's our whole family. I don't want to lose him and I don't want to get sick.
One of my vendors just told me her two kids caught covid from Disneyland with her ex. She quarantines them and checks both herself and her mother daily with pcr tests as she doesn't want either of them to catch it. If she catches it, she will not be able to work and she's single mom.

My other friend is now obscenely cautious after catching it from her bf (who brought it home after outdoor climbing in yosemite). So she plans on quarantining him in the future.

One other friend (who caught it while doing a half marathon) told me he now goes out of his way to avoid crowds, which includes going to the gym at off hours to avoid the crowds.

I get your anxiety however. I had to drop by the office (which is closed to the public after 3 back to back major outbreaks) because my laptop died. I had to show a pcr test that I took last week along with a rapid test taken today and all my vaccination shots and wear a n95 just to get in.

I would love to say this is temporary but there is so much going on, btwn this polio and monkeypox.

My friends are catching it from traveling and going to weddings.

A high percentage are quickly getting sick again with other variants. And a large number are developing long covid

This was discussed in my local morning news and to be frank it doesn't surprise me as my cholesterol has been astronomically high since I caught covid Mar 2020 and no one can understand why.

"those with two or more documented infections had more than twice the risk of dying and three times the risk of being hospitalized within six months of their last infection. They also had higher risks for lung and heart problems, fatigue, digestive and kidney disorders, diabetes and neurologic problems."

thanks! what did you use if you dont mind me asking? alcohol wipes or clorox?
I infrequently use an alcohol wipe because alcohol is bad for the screen coating on the glass. Most of the time I use a lense cleaner (in individual packets) called Wipe'n Clean. I buy it from Costco. If you want to use alcohol or Clorox wipes I recommend you use it only on the back and sides of the phone. Keep it away from the glass. If you're really worried about keeping the phone sanitized I would sanitize your fingers before using the phone.