Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I know some girl mentioned that's her plan for the upcoming trip to Paris because of tips and tricks like this all over the internet...good lord...If y'all ever run into some girl dressing in all baby pink from head to toe at any of the boutiques in Paris, that'll be her. :-s
I think this is the part that gets me most. There are vvips here who understandably get huge hauls every time, but she claims she’s not and claims she did not present herself as one, and so articles like hers (a) give what I believe are false and misleading hopes of being able to pull 9 leather items from a single trip, (b) encourage this ultra demanding behavior, and (c) with all due respect, take significant inventory from the pool that day for one entitled individual (and teaches others to try and do the same), whereas we here empathize so genuinely and deeply (with such frequency) for our members here who don’t get an appointment, or who are so lucky to score an appointment but come out without any qb’s or other highly coveted bags.

I appreciate the “guides” on that publication so much because they taught me how to score an appointment and what to expect. This article was not that… it was written with the intention to brag (content and tone), gives misguided info, and sets up totally exaggerated expectations (and therefore instore behavior) for readers

Last edited:
I think this is the part that gets me most. There are vvips here who understandably get huge hauls every time, but she claims she’s not and claims she did not present herself as one, and so articles like hers (a) give what I believe are false and misleading hopes of being able to pull 9 leather items from a single trip, (b) encourage this ultra demanding behavior, and (c) with all due respect, take significant inventory from the pool that day for one entitled individual (and teaches others to try and do the same), whereas we here empathize so genuinely and deeply (with such frequency) for our members here who don’t get an appointment, or who are so lucky to score an appointment but come out without any qb’s or other highly coveted bags.

I appreciate the “guides” on that publication so much because they taught me how to score an appointment and what to expect. This article was not that… it was written with the intention to brag (content and tone), gives misguided info, and sets up totally exaggerated expectations (and therefore instore behavior) for readers
Agreed, that blogger and her post is the epitome of a Karen and we already dealt with too many of them on a regular basis, really don't need more of them when we just try to relax on our vacation and hoping to score a shiny souvenir along the way.

I find it super embarrassing to the brand and to the individuals involved. The pure gluttony of taking so many bags at once and demanding bags she had already declined only to decline them again. I don’t know, put a real sour taste in my mouth especially toward miss faubourg who I had always felt warm toward. Just all seems in really poor taste. Can’t imagine being a “nobody” who happened to have their own appointment that day but got turned away empty handed

Nope! The reason is because she didn't get an appointment, was pushy to get one. Fine. She got several QB/non-QB bags and leather pieces offered. Amazing! Good for her! Then pushy again to get another appointment the next day?! Not so fine. Got other items that she couldn't buy the first time. Not fine. The reason is the harassment to get more and more items. What if she had stayed longer in Paris? She would have tried another time to get more? And more? And more?...
Where I am from, it's called vulgaire :yucky:

Nope! The reason is because she didn't get an appointment, was pushy to get one. Fine. She got several QB/non-QB bags and leather pieces offered. Amazing! Good for her! Then pushy again to get another appointment the next day?! Not so fine. Got other items that she couldn't buy the first time. Not fine. The reason is the harassment to get more and more items. What if she had stayed longer in Paris? She would have tried another time to get more? And more? And more?...
Yes you nailed it. It’s the pushiness and now she’s created a roadmap for others to do the same.

I am sure that she got offered to place a special order.
This has to be the part 2.
Oh I hope so! Another rose Sakura mini Kelly, on its way! Then we can update our Paris recommendations to be “act super entitled, demand an appointment by stalking the leather desk until you get one, then refuse to leave until you are brought eight bags to choose from, and finally if they tell you “no stock” simply reply “that’s fine, I’ll just place an a la Carte order for one then. Please bring out the leather box, now!” “ Paris visitors, take notes!

Yes you nailed it. It’s the pushiness and now she’s created a roadmap for others to do the same.
I can already imagine there will be an increase of entitled, pushy, arrogant, dishonest, narcissist, (insert your choice word) customers hounding leather appt/SAs for bags because of this article. YT and IG fleecers will follow and use the same tactics. And in the end … FSH will implement some type of appt process to help SAs having meltdowns that will punish H aficionados like us.

This is sad. I love Hermes, and I like buying stuff, but hearing about the whole purse blog thing makes every item seem less special. I consider myself more fortunate than some, less fortunate than others, in terms of bags and appts, but I’m fine with knowing that. like another tpfer posted above, I feel sorry for the others that may have been turned away on her day.

Disclaimer before I write this: I have never been to FSH or any Hermes store in France, and from the experiences in this thread that I've read over time, it just makes me want to continue to shop at home store, even if it is more expensive.

I don't understand with the so called demands on the appointment system, how is it even possible that in a case like this that she's able to just walk up not only ask, but receive an appointment multiple times in such a short period? Like the second time, why wouldn't they just tell her "ma'am you just received an appointment 2 days ago I'm sorry" or whatever or come up with some faux rule that justifies not giving her a second appointment. Heck, I am a little confused that H has not instituted that somewhat? like 1 week, 1 month, etc between being granted appointments in this manner? I know that their technology is obviously not very sophisticated, but it seems like it wouldn't be hard for a hostess to pull up a profile, see that someone has clearly purchased a quota bag among many other leather goods in a short timeframe like that? I guess there's more to this story than what is written in the article. No surprise there

Disclaimer before I write this: I have never been to FSH or any Hermes store in France, and from the experiences in this thread that I've read over time, it just makes me want to continue to shop at home store, even if it is more expensive.

I don't understand with the so called demands on the appointment system, how is it even possible that in a case like this that she's able to just walk up not only ask, but receive an appointment multiple times in such a short period? Like the second time, why wouldn't they just tell her "ma'am you just received an appointment 2 days ago I'm sorry" or whatever or come up with some faux rule that justifies not giving her a second appointment. Heck, I am a little confused that H has not instituted that somewhat? like 1 week, 1 month, etc between being granted appointments in this manner? I know that their technology is obviously not very sophisticated, but it seems like it wouldn't be hard for a hostess to pull up a profile, see that someone has clearly purchased a quota bag among many other leather goods in a short timeframe like that? I guess there's more to this story than what is written in the article. No surprise there
She says they angled for the second appointment under her daughters name.

She says they angled for the second appointment under her daughters name.

Yeah, I see that now. I think what gets me is she mentioned that, then proceeds to basically say I went to the leather hostess and requested an appointment - where it is mentioned she is doing this up to 3X per day. There are a few times where she says "we went to request" but more often than not it's "I went to request" - it's like she did all of the talking then conveniently when the hostess is inclined to her request, all of a sudden it's that it needed to be under her daughter's name so that she could game the system a bit more. Just feels very manipulative to me, that's all. Especially after her describing her daughter's appointment is like 1000% about what she wants, not what her daughter wants. It seems odd that the SA would not cater to the person whom the appointment is for, but perhaps a special case since it seems they got to know this particular SA during the trip.

all, would like to know how early in advance do you think i should inform my SA about my travelling plans to Paris? our previous time, i was told to email her before. But since i need to settle some travel arrangement, i need to know when she is able to see me. shed some light pls? thanks so much.

his is just my experience I know other folks with SAs in paris arrange appointments a couple months in advance or, if they have flexible dates, work around the SAs schedule
I asked my FSH SA how much notice she needed and ended up arranging several months in advance; we’ve emailed as to her vacation dates too. Closer to the date, I will let her know what I’ve already bought this season (so she knows what not to duplicate and/or what to coordinate with), but I don’t intend to ask for specific things. I would rather see what RTW she will pick for me. A certain amount of serendipity is simply my style of shopping. Everyone is different :smile:

Last edited: