Buci or Alma bb

I might be a bit biased here, but since I have the Alma BB, I would recommend that. Plus, you're still very young and I just think the Alma BB is more fashionable. I brought mine to Europe recently and the crossbody is very comfortable and secure. I love it. I say go for that.

Reactions: bethanycrt
I really like the Buci. Saw a girl with one and it looked so cute!

I went through three Almas (two traditional lather strap, one with jacquard) before I realized it's not the bag for me - I didn't like how it sat when worn crossbody (Buci looks to rest better). But I just love the look of the Alma.

If I were making the choice, I would go with Buci.

If you go with Alma, get the classic leather strap one, not the jacquard strap (you can always buy jacquard strap on Fashionphile or some other relesser if you feel the need).

Buci - I sold the Alma b/c it takes effort to open it. Although I don't own the Buci it looks much easier to open and it won't stick out from your body; the alma's base is too wide. It can also look toy-like depending on your body structure.

Buci! I have this in black and quite adore it. The bag can be worn 3 different ways, thanks to the adjustable strap. It’s easy to get into the bag, has a strong magnetic closure and the bonus outside pocket . Had Alma BB in black sometime ago and returned it. While it is a beautiful looking bag, I found it awkward to carry, especially crossbody. The zipper drove crazy and was easily distorted depending on how I organized my items in the bag. I also want Buci in honey but have not pulled the trigger yet. Good luck with your decision.

Buci! I have this in black and quite adore it. The bag can be worn 3 different ways, thanks to the adjustable strap. It’s easy to get into the bag, has a strong magnetic closure and the bonus outside pocket . Had Alma BB in black sometime ago and returned it. While it is a beautiful looking bag, I found it awkward to carry, especially crossbody. The zipper drove crazy and was easily distorted depending on how I organized my items in the bag. I also want Buci in honey but have not pulled the trigger yet. Good luck with your decision.
decisions decisons….☺️How is your lovely Buci holding up after several months? When you bought it, the flap was not crooked? Ive been reading some owners had that problem when they got their bucis. Is it good for everyday use and is there a tendency of the bottom to sag when stuff inside is heavy?

Last edited:
Reactions: EveyB
decisions decisons….☺️How is your lovely Buci holding up after several months? When you bought it, the flap was not crooked? Ive been reading some owners had that problem when they got their bucis. Is it good for everyday use and is there a tendency of the bottom to sag when stuff inside is heavy?
I‘ve had mine since January and it looks brand new. However, I rotate my bags (I’ve worn it maybe 3 times every week since January), carry very little and I use a bag insert, the 2mm felt by Samorga. The thinner one takes up less space but is too thin. I remember that a fellow tpf er mentioned that the bottom on her Buci started sagging because she carried heavier things in her Buci. And she had no organiser.
The flap on my Buci was tilted to one side when I received it. I am storing it with a bit of rolled kitchen paper under the side of the flap that’s too low in order to lift it. It will never be completely straight but it is fine and I‘m so happy that I did not return mine at the time because otherwise it’s perfect.
About Epi leather in general, it is very hard wearing but a scratch cannot be buffed out and will appear whiteish. Hope that helps! :smile:

I‘ve had mine since January and it looks brand new. However, I rotate my bags (I’ve worn it maybe 3 times every week since January), carry very little and I use a bag insert, the 2mm felt by Samorga. The thinner one takes up less space but is too thin. I remember that a fellow tpf er mentioned that the bottom on her Buci started sagging because she carried heavier things in her Buci. And she had no organiser.
The flap on my Buci was tilted to one side when I received it. I am storing it with a bit of rolled kitchen paper under the side of the flap that’s too low in order to lift it. It will never be completely straight but it is fine and I‘m so happy that I did not return mine at the time because otherwise it’s perfect.
About Epi leather in general, it is very hard wearing but a scratch cannot be buffed out and will appear whiteish. Hope that helps! :smile:
Thank you for this. I’m going to paris in 2 months, I want to buy a worry free, everyday small LV bag while I’m there, Ive never owned an epi thus my focus is on Alma bb and Buci though the Odeon tote pm keeps popping out but no I will stick with epi. :smile:

Thank you for this. I’m going to paris in 2 months, I want to buy a worry free, everyday small LV bag while I’m there, Ive never owned an epi thus my focus is on Alma bb and Buci though the Odeon tote pm keeps popping out but no I will stick with epi. :smile:
Paris sounds wonderful! :smile:
The Odeon is very popular from what I‘ve read. Hopefully you can try all of them on at the store because usually that helps a lot.

I carried it everyday from February until sometime in May when I got the Diane. I had no problem with sagging as I don’t carry much. The flap was slightly off, I probably would not have noticed had I not already been aware of the issue. It’s just a lovely bag and I want to add another color. By the way, I only carried the Diane for about two weeks before I got the Boulogne. I don’t like the buckle on Diane but still is comfortable to carry and pretty close in size and functionality to Buci.

I carried it everyday from February until sometime in May when I got the Diane. I had no problem with sagging as I don’t carry much. The flap was slightly off, I probably would not have noticed had I not already been aware of the issue. It’s just a lovely bag and I want to add another color. By the way, I only carried the Diane for about two weeks before I got the Boulogne. I don’t like the buckle on Diane but still is comfortable to carry and pretty close in size and functionality to Buci.
Me too I‘m thinking about adding the Buci in another colour. I wanted to get the Alma because it’s such a classic and I love how it looks but I‘m worried that it won’t be comfortable to use in everyday life. Have you ever tried a Speedy 20 crossbody? I’m considering that one too, but the base is even wider than Alma’s.

Me too I‘m thinking about adding the Buci in another colour. I wanted to get the Alma because it’s such a classic and I love how it looks but I‘m worried that it won’t be comfortable to use in everyday life. Have you ever tried a Speedy 20 crossbody? I’m considering that one too, but the base is even wider than Alma’s.
I have Speedy B 25 and find it too bulky for crossbody use.

Reactions: EveyB
I'd have to say the Buci. I have both. Buci is more user friendly because of the shape, back slip pocket, and magnetic closure. The Alma BB is classic but kind of annoying to use. The strap hangs on opposite handles, which make the bag sit awkwardly & hard to get in and out of. The movement of your body can cause strap clips to open, causing bag to fall to the floor. The dome shape means when you remove an item, other items shift to the bottom making it necessary to rearrange contents frequently. No exterior pocket. The epi leather is softer on the Buci and such an easy functional bag. It's not a classic but it should be.

I'd have to say the Buci. I have both. Buci is more user friendly because of the shape, back slip pocket, and magnetic closure. The Alma BB is classic but kind of annoying to use. The strap hangs on opposite handles, which make the bag sit awkwardly & hard to get in and out of. The movement of your body can cause strap clips to open, causing bag to fall to the floor. The dome shape means when you remove an item, other items shift to the bottom making it necessary to rearrange contents frequently. No exterior pocket. The epi leather is softer on the Buci and such an easy functional bag. It's not a classic but it should be.
Interesting….and thank you for sharing the pros and cons of the Buci and Alma bb. Can’t wait to try both bags in the boutique soon, Alma bb was and still is my first choice thus I’m a little sad learning about the strap.