Wallet Recommendations!

mooLV

O.G.
Feb 12, 2014
Hello,

Looking for compact wallet recommendations. I have an LV clemence but think I need something smaller. Also have a card holder so something in between the two. Thanks.

I would say any grained leather from YSL will hold up very well.
My husband and I have various SLGs from YSL and they are very durable and have lasted for years.

Some things to consider:
1) Light colors (whites and pale nudes and pinks) may get dirty easier, but if you're going for something with a solid color (like blue or red) or any dark ones, they'll be fine.
2) Their grained leather can be quite stiff, it will take a while to relax as you use it, but it will hold your cards very securely (even after they stretch out a bit).
3) Their zipper compartments may be a little small and tight (and since the leather is stiff, it may not hold much), make sure that you're able to fit in what you want to use it for. (I personally prefer a snap button closure pocket over a zipper for YSL SLGs).
For example, I think this one may fit your need but I'm not sure if the zipper compartment is too small.
1659537190937.png

4) Depending on which type of wallet you choose, the ones that are tri-fold or bi-fold may become a little thick after you put your items inside. Make sure you're okay with that (best to go into stores to see). ie:
1659537020212.png

As always, best go to the store to see for yourself. You can bring the bag that you want to put it in to see how well it fits.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

I recently got this wallet. I absolutely love it. Big enough to carry all your wallet necessities but small enough to fit in my Toy Loulou.

I've had this wallet in this colour for just over a year and it's holding up so well! I'm very impressed. And it fits everything I need. I double up a few of the card slots but it's a great no-fuss wallet that fits in any size bag.

Reactions: mooLV
I recently got this wallet. I absolutely love it. Big enough to carry all your wallet necessities but small enough to fit in my Toy Loulou.

View attachment 5583048

View attachment 5583049

I have this one but in black with gold logo. I prefer this one because you can put the cards in vertically. I got the same version of this wallet at first but the one where the cards go horizontally, like on the side but realized I didn't like it so I exchanged it for the one above where the cards go on top of each other. Easier to get them in and out this way.