Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red makes me happy and this is a great shade of red! My boss just complimented me on it :coolio:
I was complimented today, too! I accompanied my DH to a ENT appt and I was given a thumbs up for my Appaloosa des Steppes gav, SOTD and a most definite inspiration by @Cookiefiend and her fabulous styling of this mini-beauty. :hugs:
A90E1E2F-2BFB-42CC-8990-95719A79981C.jpeg

I have been inspired by many of you over the years. I had admired this design La maison d’ oiseaux parleurs, when modeled by @Cookiefiend . 4 years ago today I met her in person, and bought this beauty. I always smile when I wear it!View attachment 5582571. I alwaView attachment 5582570
:hugs:
I was complimented today, too! I accompanied my DH to a ENT appt and I was given a thumbs up for my Appaloosa des Steppes gav, SOTD and a most definite inspiration by @Cookiefiend and her fabulous styling of this mini-beauty. :hugs:
View attachment 5582701
Awwww - thank you - but you’re styling this magnificently!
Sending you hugs hon, we’re all thinking of you and sending you hope. ❤️

Two inspirations/enablers today… :lol:
First the Pink Kachinas <angels singing>. My first Kachinas was the navy, and I wasn’t in love with it But I wore it anyway, and I learned that it went with everything. I became interested in the Kachinas and began researching the meaning behind each Kachina - and fell in love with it. Then @Living.la.vida.fifi joined the forum… and y’all know what a wizard she is at showing a scarf to its best advantage - she showed the elusive Pink Kachinas <angels again>, and I was obsessed. But every single one I found was outrageously priced - like kidney priced. So I kept hunting.
Guess who sent me a message 2 years later? Our Fifi found a Pink Kachinas, and I marched my fingers to the website and bought it! It was finally MINE! But without Fifi ❤️, I would not have found it.
8FDE3EE0-6336-4BE7-97A3-B1BAB05EBEBB.jpeg
0C661BB8-2A5B-48CD-838B-CD17D4C99FDA.jpeg
Second is the green and gray La Promenade de Platon. I had been watching it - I love the green - when SHAZAAM @blydia posted it, along with her inspirational color board. Pushed me right over the edge - I logged out of TP, and went to my watchlist and you guessed it - made it mine!
D096176F-AD5D-4492-8B24-ECF357B73622.jpeg
9F9EAD5D-1A73-48F2-A741-21E6497A805D.jpeg

First the Pink Kachinas <angels singing>. My first Kachinas was the navy, and I wasn’t in love with it But I wore it anyway, and I learned that it went with everything. I became interested in the Kachinas and began researching the meaning behind each Kachina - and fell in love with it. Then @Living.la.vida.fifi joined the forum… and y’all know what a wizard she is at showing a scarf to its best advantage - she showed the elusive Pink Kachinas <angels again>, and I was obsessed. But every single one I found was outrageously priced - like kidney priced. So I kept hunting.
Guess who sent me a message 2 years later? Our Fifi found a Pink Kachinas, and I marched my fingers to the website and bought it! It was finally MINE! But without Fifi ❤️, I would not have found it.
View attachment 5582705
View attachment 5582706
Second is the green and gray La Promenade de Platon. I had been watching it - I love the green - when SHAZAAM @blydia posted it, along with her inspirational color board. Pushed me right over the edge - I logged out of TP, and went to my watchlist and you guessed it - made it mine!
View attachment 5582707
View attachment 5582708
Inspiration at its finest! Y’all are beautiful, you know :winkiss:.

We are looking at another hot day today, so I've dug out one of my favorite mousselines. Tapis Persans is also a favorite of one of our most faithful commentors. When I first began purchasing scarves, I figured I should purchase no more than one colorway of a particular design. @Julide takes the opposite view, and has collected all colorways of Tapis Persans, which was a huge surprise to me. If you like a design, you like a design. I soon learned that there was no need for a rule to limit myself on a beloved design. I have four Tapis Persans to date, thanks to such encouragement.

My SOTD is Tapis Persans mousseline CW09 in rouge/turquoise/vert pistache. Twins and sisters with many of you.

20220805_081615.jpg

Love it! I’m glad I was an inspiration. It is a favorite of mine. I am also on the hunt for an additional color!
I will keep my eyes open! Thank you @laurenad! I just added your gorgeous teal one...
Last summer I remember @bunnycat showed so many of her beautiful collection of cotton pareos. Well shoot, I needed to add one of those to my Hermes scarf collection, and so I did.

Introducing Guepard pareo in rouge/ecru.

View attachment 5582383View attachment 5582384View attachment 5582385
This is adorable on you @Redbirdhermes. Truly super cute. You could take this and only this on a beach vacation and be perfectly "scarfed"-- but why would you pack just one? :lol:
I'm so glad you finally joined the paleo train. :smile: They all look fab and that UTW pareo still eludes me!

My fav CW of Acte iii (and also my own CW) :tup:

ABduM ties like a dream. And the colors are so lush.

Indeed and congrats on your Guepard. I had considered the blue and green one, but ended up waiting when I saw the Jin et Leo pareo that was coming out.

You are very welcome.
Thank you!
I'm loving all the inspiration stories this week. SOTD was certainly instrumental in my initial downfall in to scarfdom. I still try to wrench myself away from reaching triple scarf digits but I do have a lot of favorites now that will be with me some time.

When Zebra Pegasus came out, I have no idea what planet I was on, or what I decided on at the time. It probably came out when I was still adhering pretty closely to my "budget" and chose something else. But of course, repeated mod shots by various scarfies only led to backtracking to fill in ZP. The first one I got preloved was the pocket square. I wore it in my hair the other day because I made a "mistake" when dying my hair and now have some small "tabby stripes" :rolleyes: near my roots to fix.

View attachment 5582421

Snickers modeled it afterwards. She was scarf safe here because she had just been to get her booster shots at the vet and was conked out after.

View attachment 5582420

And Jin et Leo pareo. When I first saw the design, it reminded me immediately of a particular picture I took of Frieda and Finnegan (when they were still young and bff) and I had to have it because it reminded me of them so much.

View attachment 5582424

View attachment 5582423

View attachment 5582422
All the cats are making my heart smile @bunnycat. And your pareo is the cutest ever.
Great Scarves. Little cat-babes so cute. It was you who inspired me to be your twin, finally. :hugs:
View attachment 5582563
Congratulations @Karenska-- this soft rose is absolutely lovely on you. A perfect choice.
I have been inspired by many of you over the years. I had admired this design La maison d’ oiseaux parleurs, when modeled by @Cookiefiend . 4 years ago today I met her in person, and bought this beauty. I always smile when I wear it!View attachment 5582571. I alwaView attachment 5582570
This is so so charming @scarf1 and I love the meet up story as well. I admired this design so much when I first saw it on @Cookiefiend that I went out and scored a blue one. But this one is the "one" for sure with that pink hem and the green swirls...
Another scarf I almost returned but was inspired to keep based on feedback in this thread - thank you! :smile:

View attachment 5582619
This is a fabulous color on you @Teaforparrots ad your necklace is utter perfection with it. Nothing puts a lift in your stride like a compliment (and from a boss!).
View attachment 5582705
View attachment 5582706
View attachment 5582707
View attachment 5582708
I love how you show not only your own beautiful mod shot but the photo that inspired your search @Cookiefiend. You all look so beautiful and the scarves suit each of you so well. I am your and @Living.la.vida.fifi 's pink Kachinas fraternal twin as mine is the wash version...
OK, THAT is an amazing tie, color way, and overall look. Love it.
Thank you so much @CedarWaxWing. That sweater sure does love a lot of scarves!
We are looking at another hot day today, so I've dug out one of my favorite mousselines. Tapis Persans is also a favorite of one of our most faithful commentors. When I first began purchasing scarves, I figured I should purchase no more than one colorway of a particular design. @Julide takes the opposite view, and has collected all colorways of Tapis Persans, which was a huge surprise to me. If you like a design, you like a design. I soon learned that there was no need for a rule to limit myself on a beloved design. I have four Tapis Persans to date, thanks to such encouragement.

My SOTD is Tapis Persans mousseline CW09 in rouge/turquoise/vert pistache. Twins and sisters with many of you.

View attachment 5583024
Beautiful. @Julide was instrumental to my own successful Tapis search. I have the silk and one moussie @Redbirdhermes but I absolutely endorse your "why-stop-at-one-if-you-love-it" approach...and my scarf shelf is the proof of TPF colorway inspiration as well as design inspiration. It is a very good point about the different collecting approaches we all have...

I will keep my eyes open! Thank you @laurenad! I just added your gorgeous teal one...

This is adorable on you @Redbirdhermes. Truly super cute. You could take this and only this on a beach vacation and be perfectly "scarfed"-- but why would you pack just one? :lol:

Thank you!

All the cats are making my heart smile @bunnycat. And your pareo is the cutest ever.

Congratulations @Karenska-- this soft rose is absolutely lovely on you. A perfect choice.

This is so so charming @scarf1 and I love the meet up story as well. I admired this design so much when I first saw it on @Cookiefiend that I went out and scored a blue one. But this one is the "one" for sure with that pink hem and the green swirls...

This is a fabulous color on you @Teaforparrots ad your necklace is utter perfection with it. Nothing puts a lift in your stride like a compliment (and from a boss!).

I love how you show not only your own beautiful mod shot but the photo that inspired your search @Cookiefiend. You all look so beautiful and the scarves suit each of you so well. I am your and @Living.la.vida.fifi 's pink Kachinas fraternal twin as mine is the wash version...

Beautiful. @Julide was instrumental to my own successful Tapis search. I have the silk and one moussie @Redbirdhermes but I absolutely endorse your "why-stop-at-one-if-you-love-it" approach...and my scarf shelf is the proof of TPF colorway inspiration as well as design inspiration. It is a very good point about the different collecting approaches we all have...
Oh that’s great! I’m dying for the cream and blue.

Reactions: LKBNOLA
My scarf today owes it's place in my collection to the inspiration of @Living.la.vida.fifi (and to @Redbirdhermes for the confirmation bias!) and to @momasaurus who went a step further past inspiration to enablement with a powerful assist to my finding it! One thing I adore about @Living.la.vida.fifi's approach is her incredibly knowledgeable art history background that adds so much to my enjoyment of the artist and the design. Pierre Marie's prolific work for the house features many different styles from the beautiful ornamentalism of Tapis Persans, to the whimsey of Potager and Patisserie, the swirling fantasy medallions of Laboratoire and Onbrelle Magique, the geometric cityscapes of Flaneries a Versailles and the still life of Tresors d'un Artiste. Here is La Dame de Coeur-- like the current AW 2022 Les Sacre des Saisons, it features an animal iconography connected by swirling ribbons, to paraphrase @Living.la.vida.fifi from a recent scarf discussion.
La Dame de Coeur.jpg

:hugs:

Awwww - thank you - but you’re styling this magnificently!
Sending you hugs hon, we’re all thinking of you and sending you hope. ❤️

Thank you!

Thank you, LKB, oh, I love it.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Status
Not open for further replies.