Small Boy Bag...Should I?

lala_retro

May 3, 2021
I don't own any boy bags currently, but the light blue boy from 22B is really tempting me with that silver hardware XD

Can any long time boy bag owners share some info as to the pros and especially cons of the bag they found during use? Would you overall recommend the bag? I've been watching YouTube reviews, and so far the only consistent con is that hair gets caught in the two pegs on the shoulder strap.

For reference, I typically like medium CF/255 and small trendy CC.

I don't own any boy bags currently, but the light blue boy from 22B is really tempting me with that silver hardware XD

Can any long time boy bag owners share some info as to the pros and especially cons of the bag they found during use? Would you overall recommend the bag? I've been watching YouTube reviews, and so far the only consistent con is that hair gets caught in the two pegs on the shoulder strap.

For reference, I typically like medium CF/255 and small trendy CC.
I adore the boy bag, but I have a stingray micro that basically fits my card case. My hair doesn’t get caught, even when it was longer, and I think the other issues are depth (corners might get bunged up) and weight, neither of which apply to mine. I went years intensely disliking the boy, and have no idea why I woke up one day yearning for a stingray or python, so I was extremely fortunate to pick it up at resale. :smile: . I think it’s something you have to try on. Although I am short and medium chunky build, only the micro and the mini really work for me (and I’m not typically a diehard mini person either).

if course as with any light color, your dark clothes have to be color safe, but that’s a general issue, easily resolved

E754E0C2-24E4-47F7-BCD0-3C7F6973EE09.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a small boy. The one with the extra handle that says Chanel on it. Small doesn't fit much. Just mobile, card holder and maybe a lipstick or small purse size perfume. I really wish it was a medium tbh. No issues with anything catching then again I tie a turban being Sikh :smile:

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and lala_retro
I adore the boy bag, but I have a stingray micro that basically fits my card case. My hair doesn’t get caught, even when it was longer, and I think the other issues are depth (corners might get bunged up) and weight, neither of which apply to mine. I went years intensely disliking the boy, and have no idea why I woke up one day yearning for a stingray or python, so I was extremely fortunate to pick it up at resale. :smile: . I think it’s something you have to try on. Although I am short and medium chunky build, only the micro and the mini really work for me (and I’m not typically a diehard mini person either).

if course as with any light color, your dark clothes have to be color safe, but that’s a general issue, easily resolved

View attachment 5579590

yeah I was the same way. Up till literally this collection I was firmly not into boys, as I thought the style was too edgy for the way I dress, but that light blue with silver hardware combination is really tempting me, to the point that I'm willing to try out a previously disliked bag style XD

Good to hear that your hair doesn't snag on those pegs, maybe that means it's not an ubiquitous problem. I think my concern would be the boxiness of it, especially the depth, like you said. I'm not sure how that would look sitting on me, since I'm of the short and stocky build. I've also heard that the flap is stiff and the bag can be difficult to get in and out of, have you found this to be the case?

I have a small boy. The one with the extra handle that says Chanel on it. Small doesn't fit much. Just mobile, card holder and maybe a lipstick or small purse size perfume. I really wish it was a medium tbh. No issues with anything catching then again I tie a turban being Sikh :smile:

Would you say that the capacity of the small boy is comparable to that of a mini CF? Also, do you ever feel like the bag is hard to get in and out of due to the flap being stiff?

I have a small boy bag for approx 6 years. It’s not a bag that I reach for regularly but it has a permanent place in my collection. My hair doesn’t get stuck in the hardware and it’s not too heavy for me because I have it in size small. Also no issues getting in and out of it. It’a actually one of my easier bags to open and close.
You would assume that it can fit more (given the look) but I usually just have my car key, my card case, my phone, hand sanitizer and a lip balm. It works for me because I don’t carry a lot. I think it’s comparable or slightly more room than a mini. I can’t comment on durability because I don’t use it much but I haven’t had any noticeable wear on mine and I have it in Lambskin. Hope this helps :smile:

• Insightful
I have a small boy bag for approx 6 years. It’s not a bag that I reach for regularly but it has a permanent place in my collection. My hair doesn’t get stuck in the hardware and it’s not too heavy for me because I have it in size small. Also no issues getting in and out of it. It’a actually one of my easier bags to open and close.
You would assume that it can fit more (given the look) but I usually just have my car key, my card case, my phone, hand sanitizer and a lip balm. It works for me because I don’t carry a lot. I think it’s comparable or slightly more room than a mini. I can’t comment on durability because I don’t use it much but I haven’t had any noticeable wear on mine and I have it in Lambskin. Hope this helps :smile:

thanks! The one I'm looking at is calfskin, so that should wear well if your lambskin has worn well :smile:

I love mine. I dont use it regularly though. The thick strap makes it a special occasion bag (for me), but it will always be in my collection

thanks!

Love the boy bag! Small is a great size. I would recommend it. I have had the small size for two-three years. Worn very well, haven't had abnormal issues with wear and tear. Just took these photos, worn the bag 100ish times. Great for date nights, cocktail parities, and everyday running around. I think doubling the straps makes it look a bit more dressy. Calfskin is my preferred leather choice for the boy bag. My large boy is in lamb and it shows corner wear and scuffing along the edges. The last photo, previously taken, shows what I can fit in the bag. if I swap out my flap card holder for a flat card holder I can pack a pair of sunglasses on the top.
IMG_8035.jpeg
IMG_8027.jpegIMG_8030.jpegIMG_8031.jpegIMG_8032.jpegIMG_8033.jpegIMG_8034.jpeg
1659382581447.png

Love the boy bag! Small is a great size. I would recommend it. I have had the small size for two-three years. Worn very well, haven't had abnormal issues with wear and tear. Just took these photos, worn the bag 100ish times. Great for date nights, cocktail parities, and everyday running around. I think doubling the straps makes it look a bit more dressy. Calfskin is my preferred leather choice for the boy bag. My large boy is in lamb and it shows corner wear and scuffing along the edges. The last photo, previously taken, shows what I can fit in the bag. if I swap out my flap card holder for a flat card holder I can pack a pair of sunglasses on the top.
View attachment 5580457
View attachment 5580458View attachment 5580460View attachment 5580461View attachment 5580462View attachment 5580463View attachment 5580464
View attachment 5580456

wow! thanks so much for all the photo references! That's quite a bit more stuff that can fit than I expected!

looking at your price tag makes want to cry, it's now $900 more :doh:

I’m 173 cm height. And love a small bag. I have one Boy in Small and one Gabrielle in small. I reached for Gabrielle more often. The Boy is too bulky for every day bag. It held staffs less than Gabrielle as well. Although, I do not carry many stuffs, just my Chanel classic card case, car key, iPhone 12 Pro max, hands sanitiser, lips balm and tiny perfume.

Here is my pics carry both of them. Hopes this help. DFA7790E-56E3-498B-87DE-FAB2B894072F.jpeg0A010EFB-3297-4241-BE1C-BE5E5608ADF4.jpeg

wow! thanks so much for all the photo references! That's quite a bit more stuff that can fit than I expected!

looking at your price tag makes want to cry, it's now $900 more :doh:
it's always a losing battle when we reminisce on past prices lol.

luckily, the Boy isn't usually overinflated in price on FP. at quick glance, you can still snag a small Boy for around $4k there. it may take a little time to watch inventory for the condition and color you desire.

• Insightful
I’m 173 cm height. And love a small bag. I have one Boy in Small and one Gabrielle in small. I reached for Gabrielle more often. The Boy is too bulky for every day bag. It held staffs less than Gabrielle as well. Although, I do not carry many stuffs, just my Chanel classic card case, car key, iPhone 12 Pro max, hands sanitiser, lips balm and tiny perfume.

Here is my pics carry both of them. Hopes this help. View attachment 5581435View attachment 5581437

wow thanks for the mod shots! Spacing is not bad on the small boy if it can fit an iPhone pro max.

it's always a losing battle when we reminisce on past prices lol.

luckily, the Boy isn't usually overinflated in price on FP. at quick glance, you can still snag a small Boy for around $4k there. it may take a little time to watch inventory for the condition and color you desire.

Haha unfortunately the one I'm interested in is the light blue from the current season, so I'm probably gonna need to bite the bullet and pay retail from a boutique, just in case this one doesn't show up on the resale market.