"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

I found glues on the edge the first day. The sales tried to use an erase to rub it off... ruined the stiches on the bag a little bit. And the next day I found wrinkles on the strap...is this normal?
I'm frustrated. I took it to the repair center, a lady ordered a new one for me right away. When the new straps arrived after two and a half weeks,the new straps looks worse the one I have. I took the original one home and contacted the online repairment center as instructions. The first available appointment is after another three weeks. Stupid me waited for the appointment instead of requesting an exchange or return. The lady who had virtual assessment with me said she thinks it's not normal either. However, after we hung up the phone, she sent an email saying they think that's normal...now it's wait beyond 30 days return frame.

20220730_221939.jpg

20220730_222027.jpg

20220730_222123.jpg

I found glues on the edge the first day. The sales tried to use an erase to rub it off... ruined the stiches on the bag a little bit. And the next day I found wrinkles on the strap...is this normal?
I'm frustrated. I took it to the repair center, a lady ordered a new one for me right away. When the new straps arrived after two and a half weeks,the new straps looks worse the one I have. I took the original one home and contacted the online repairment center as instructions. The first available appointment is after another three weeks. Stupid me waited for the appointment instead of requesting an exchange or return. The lady who had virtual assessment with me said she thinks it's not normal either. However, after we hung up the phone, she sent an email saying they think that's normal...now it's wait beyond 30 days return frame.

View attachment 5580565

View attachment 5580566

View attachment 5580567
The strap would bother me….the return timeframe can sometimes be waived or extended for some situations….I would check and see about a return or exchange and explain your situation..

Reactions: Loriad
So it looks like LV did a crappy photoshop job to hide glazing issues on the pictures of the giant monogram nano speedy (image taken from the website)... Is it just me or does this seems like a very obvious attempt to hide quality issues haha?

Screenshot Nano Speedy.jpg

I bought my first ever LV bag in Edinburgh on the 10th of August. I have noticed there is a mark/graze on one of the handles - is this normal? Also, one of the handle fixtures (furthest one in the picture) is slightly curved which is annoying me. Am I nitpicking? It's just not sitting right with me.

20220812_094706.jpg

20220812_094709.jpg

20220812_094138.jpg

So it looks like LV did a crappy photoshop job to hide glazing issues on the pictures of the giant monogram nano speedy (image taken from the website)... Is it just me or does this seems like a very obvious attempt to hide quality issues haha?

View attachment 5586106
They do Photoshop all of their press photos, and many is made way too obvious. They try to hide spilled paint, align patterns and labels on hardware, etc...
What I don't get is why they use contrasting paint on any of their grained leathers. The (plastic) Empreinte and the super luxurious Taurillon both look horrible when having their edges done with a contrasting colour. Machine painting is only bearable on smooth edges. Of course they could make it by hand the Hermès way, but this is way faster and people are still OK with buying a 1000€ wallet with wavy edges.

Reactions: _vee and D0123
I bought my first ever LV bag in Edinburgh on the 10th of August. I have noticed there is a mark/graze on one of the handles - is this normal? Also, one of the handle fixtures (furthest one in the picture) is slightly curved which is annoying me. Am I nitpicking? It's just not sitting right with me.

View attachment 5588311

View attachment 5588312

View attachment 5588313
The handles look fine to me, that is a natural imperfection. But I totally understand that Vuitton should only pick grade-A parts when selling this small amount of cowhide for such an exorbitant amount of money.
The leather tab... well, this kinda curve won't flatten by itself, and also the paint looks more worn on the edge, compared to the other tab. It was probably caught onto something as they handled. This would bother me more.

Hi all, I just got my PA in mono yesterday and I think the side panels are not in alignment, it’s especially obvious on one of the sides and from the bottom. I also feel like the left side of the bag is slightly longer than the right (see zipper photo). Would you return this if you were me? It’s such a struggle since I’ve been waiting for this bag for so long.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi all, I just got my PA in mono yesterday and I think the side panels are not in alignment, it’s especially obvious on one of the sides and from the bottom. I also feel like the left side of the bag is slightly longer than the right (see zipper photo). Would you return this if you were me? It’s such a struggle since I’ve been waiting for this bag for so long.

View attachment 5589826

View attachment 5589827

View attachment 5589828

View attachment 5589829

View attachment 5589831
My two cents: LV would consider this normal these days.

It’s really on you to determine if this misalignment matters to you.

I picked this piece up when it was under 600 USD and would not be happy with the sloppiness at the current price point.

Reactions: _vee
My two cents: LV would consider this normal these days.

It’s really on you to determine if this misalignment matters to you.

I picked this piece up when it was under 600 USD and would not be happy with the sloppiness at the current price point.
Thank you for the quick reply.

I guess the front panels are fine, it’s just the sides through the bottoms that are misaligned and skewed towards one side. My friend has the PA too and unfortunately has the same issue. My struggle is that I’ve waited so long for this bag & am not sure if exchanging it could guarantee anything better since it seemed like all bags from this batch is not aligned. I just couldn’t decide

Thank you for the quick reply.

I guess the front panels are fine, it’s just the sides through the bottoms that are misaligned and skewed towards one side. My friend has the PA too and unfortunately has the same issue. My struggle is that I’ve waited so long for this bag & am not sure if exchanging it could guarantee anything better since it seemed like all bags from this batch is not aligned. I just couldn’t decide
To your point, I agree this is the new norm. So you could get something less pleasing to the detail oriented eye.

If you love the piece and intend to wear it, then eventually you won’t notice or think about it. I wouldn’t send it back just to try for another one. Hope that helps!

View attachment 5589826

View attachment 5589827

View attachment 5589828

View attachment 5589829

View attachment 5589831
Even the pictures on the LV website shows purses that are not aligned 100% perfect. It looks nice!