Do you match your jewelry to your bag's hardware?

I absolutely agree with S'Mom (*wave*) and Kellybag.

Choose the hardware that best compliments the H colour. This is according to *your* personal choice.

I wear mainly white gold and platinum, and have some rose gold jewellery.

Most of my H bags have PHW, with ONLY one exception to date i.e. Graphite with GHW. I have seen Graphite with PHW, and it looks great too! I cannot stress enough that it should be up to your personal choice. I personally can't go matchy matchy ... it'll drive me nuts.

But that said, I do have an inclination to choose PHW, because inherently, I already like white gold and platinum. If a Black Birkin with Gold hardware pops up in front of me, I would not hesitate to bring it home!

I think it's a toss-up. If you feel comfortable mixing, then it shouldn't be an issue. All the vintage bags have gold (brass?) hardware and if you rationalize that you have to wear gold jewelry when you carry one of those, it gets difficult. I personally don't tend to match jewelry but since most of it is silver-toned, and like MrsS, I just happen to like white metals, I have gotten all but one of my bags with palladium. The one "mistake" for me was rouge H box with PH. That one I wish I had gotten with gold. So basically I'm just echoing what MrsS and shopmom say above...go with what you like, and what goes with the bag, rather than worry about matching your jewelry...

I don't like my accessories (including jewelry and bags) to be too matchy-matchy, but that's JMO. I wear gold, platinum and silver (or something silver-toned -- my watch is a real cheapie :Push: but I love it) together.

I try to match the HW with the jewelry, but for some reason when I do need to mix, I find that the GHW on the bags is more forgiving with silver jewelry than the opposite. I also wear some mixed-metal accessories to make it easier on my bag choices (otherwise I'd never get out of the house!)

I always wear gold jewellery, and I thought I would have to get a bag with GHW.
That said, when I saw my tan Bolide, I totally fell it love with it, although it has PHW. It doesnt bother me one tiny little bit, that I it is a different colour metal than my jewellery. Perhaps, if it were a Birkin with more Hw, it would bother me. And perhaps if it were a different colour aswell.

I just wanted to pose this question to you all. This was not something I was really conscious of previously, but now I definitely prefer the harmony of wearing white-metal jewelry with bags with palladium hardware, and yellow gold with gold hardware. :smile:

What about you? Is this something you're conscious of? :smile:

Nope, I'm too lazy to be that put together lol :lol: .

If all of my jewelry was gold and my bag was the only item with silver or palladium hdw, I may be bothered since it would have a higher contrast.
But since my jewelry is a mix of WG, YG, RG, platinum, etc. doesn't really matter anymore. :P
+1000

i used to match in the decades past when I wore all white jewelry

then in 2020, DH and my independent jeweler said YG was more flattering on my skintone

I was like, couldn’t you guys have mentioned this oh 25 years ago.

so now I cannot be bothered

I just wanted to pose this question to you all. This was not something I was really conscious of previously, but now I definitely prefer the harmony of wearing white-metal jewelry with bags with palladium hardware, and yellow gold with gold hardware. :smile:

What about you? Is this something you're conscious of? :smile:
No, I mix yellow and white gold and in fact some of my rings are actually a mix of both in the design.
When I made my wish at the boutique I said hardware wasn't a concern for that reason (except rose gold was a definite no because I dislike rose gold in anything).
That said I DO feel that Palladium HW suits me and my general style more although as previously mentioned GHW wouldn't be a deal breaker on the right bag

• Insightful
Reactions: Hermes Zen and 880
I just realized something: while I am too lazy to match jewelleries with bag hardware (and I think mixed metals in this regards can work), I absolutely have to match it with shoes hardware or I feel itchy.
Go figure :confused1:
Funny….I thought it was just me…
I have this strange hang-up as well. My jewelry is predominantly yellow gold but I wear white gold and and my steel cartier tank and I can’t be bothered with matching the hw on my bag with my jewelry.
However, once I bring the hw on shoes and belts into the mix….those not matching with my bag bother me more. And its just the hw, color of the leather….not so much.
:shrugs: