Official MOYNAT Thread

I know that Moynat isn't really into playing the "celebrity" game, but it seems like Nicole Kidman is a big fan and owns several of their bags... I love her style (she and Cate Blanchett are the two best-dressed women in my mind) and of course, she's such a brilliant actress!

View attachment 5574281
View attachment 5574282
View attachment 5574283
View attachment 5574284
That’s from a couple of years ago (Ramesh era). She was their first (and only I think) brand “ambassador.”

3 of 4 of those bags have been discontinued by Knightly. :frown:

@bagnut1 - They went straight for the top, then! I like it. I found this interview with former CEO Guillaume Davin mentioning the House's relationship with Kidman... He's quite coy about it. ;)

Your association with celebrities remains quite discreet, only Nicole Kidman being ‘spotted’ on several occasions wearing your bangs. Did she buy them?

Once beloved by Réjane, the Belle Époque actress, and today coveted by top celebrities, we have a serious fan following and famous clients who love Moynat but we do not talk much about them. Nicole Kidman is a fan of us, she owns some of our iconic bags and she asked whether we would loan her a Moynat Minaudière to attend the Golden Globes Awards. Of course, we did.

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: lill_canele
V
I know most Moynat lovers here are into the beautiful and classically made, under the radar leather bags. My love for the Gaby drew me in to this brand several years ago.
I finally was able to visit the store about a week ago, and hoped to get either a Gaby or a Gabrielle, but of course, they only had one Gaby PM, and 2 colors in Gabrielle, all of which I didn't love.
The SA told me I could order a Gaby, but it would take a long time.
So when I started to browse the store, I saw the Yoyo bag, and I immediately fell in love with its circle design, and how almost weightless the bag was! It is incredibly light weight.
So here are my first Moynat purchases. Introducing my Yoyo and the webbing strap. The strap has gold hardware, and the bag has silver. But I think the two look nice together.View attachment 5572584View attachment 5572596
Very cute! Love the webbing strap! Would you consider having your initials painted on? I think that would be so cute!! I had mine painted on my Oh Tote :smile:

FD86B465-BF57-42E5-B4A5-D60D8DF30A46.jpeg

D5131226-4A64-49A6-A85B-82B2E4BD5CF6.jpeg

Reactions: Sunshine mama
You make the nano look so good! I have dismissed it in the past for thinking it too small but I am truly having second thoughts. I too, was considering a powder Flori but ended up with a rejane in desert rose color. You wear all 3 so well.
Photos please! I’m still thinking about the super impractical nano which I love dearly haha. Would hv to get a flip phone to fit in it!

@bagnut1 - They went straight for the top, then! I like it. I found this interview with former CEO Guillaume Davin mentioning the House's relationship with Kidman... He's quite coy about it. ;)
Yes, Guillaume was firmly in the "discreet luxury" camp, as opposed to the current regime.

I recall the former NYC boutique management being quite excited about her "ambassador"-ship (their term) especially since they had at that time not done any paid advertising and minimal celebrity gifting.

I recall not really getting how NK was symbiotic with the brand. But given where it is now I am nostalgic. <Sniff>
:crybaby:

Last edited:
Reactions: lill_canele