CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hello everyone!
I'm thinking about my next purchase.
I have a cf medium black ghw in caviar and a jumbo beige clair ghw in caviar.

Now, my wishlist is:
- Boy medium rhw in black or navy caviar
- Mini rectangular in a pop colour (I'm too scared for the lambskin)
- Woc in a pop colour too
- 19 in black or beige or idk

Which would you choose? Maybe I'm more for the boy but I'm not sure yet!
And, I've seen a cf medium from the 23something in a light mint. Of course it would be the first bag I would choose over everything
Oh man such a tough choice as all the above are on my dream wishlist too! However, if you don't have a WOC, in my opinion a WOC is a must have. A pop of color in a WOC would be so fun, but I find black is super versatile! I've never seen the mini in person so I can't say if it's worth the cost. Then my taste is the 19 over a boy.

You said exactly what I’m thinking lol, the blue will go with so much more in my closet, and I really love this shade of blue! (and I have zero blue in my luxury bag collection so far). Plus the green shade is not exactly what I was thinking. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful color! But with this new two per year rule I don’t want to waste one of my CF buys on a bag I won’t use often and don’t love. I just like it.

I’m nervous to tell my SA-this is a reserve and I’m nervous if I pass she’ll stop thinking of me for bags since it’s a 1st come 1st serve system now

View attachment 5539022
`Did you get the blue?! Also FYI, I learned in the 22B forum that the mini with gold handle may not count towards the 2 classics / year since its considered a "seasonal flap." I bought the grey version of the mini, and my SA said it would count but someone else said their SA said the opposite for this exact bag. So might be room to negotiate with an SA here!

Help!! Am I being too picky? This is my first Chanel purchase and upon further inspection, I noticed some wrinkles in my Chanel mini flap. The bag itself structure-wise is fine. But the quilting is not as “puffy” and not sure if I can handle these wrinkles. I bought this from NM and the SA that helped me said “it’s very normal as it’s leather.” I understand that, but for a brand new purse? Would love your thoughts. Thank you!! DD5F71B4-6067-4193-9ACA-0E10BB210618.jpeg

0F42D2DC-0559-4C82-A698-43B043FCD3C6.jpeg

9EEBBD23-6146-45D6-A53D-B9F9D81EB581.jpeg

C1A4D4FE-7AFB-4D80-B8FE-C3155F5B2DCD.jpeg

D99B671A-EA84-44C7-B86E-D6A3906A4CE7.jpeg

Help!! Am I being too picky? This is my first Chanel purchase and upon further inspection, I noticed some wrinkles in my Chanel mini flap. The bag itself structure-wise is fine. But the quilting is not as “puffy” and not sure if I can handle these wrinkles. I bought this from NM and the SA that helped me said “it’s very normal as it’s leather.” I understand that, but for a brand new purse? Would love your thoughts. Thank you!! View attachment 5575569

View attachment 5575570

View attachment 5575571

View attachment 5575572

View attachment 5575573

Creases/wrinkles on the bottom left?

22C55C54-8E27-4F94-8263-74EC09253732.jpeg

Last edited:
I edited the post to add a better pic. This is all new to me. Thanks for your feedback!
I just returned a caviar bag last week that also had many obvious wrinkles brand new. From what I noticed, and I'm no expert, they all crease/wrinkle but since there is a variation in leather's stiffness & shine, in some bags the wrinkles look more pronounced. I personally didn't like the look of a brand new bag with such obvious wrinkles so I will be keeping that in mind during my search. I've only ever looked at one lambskin though and I didn't see any noticable wrinkles on it so I don't know if it's common for a brand new lambskin. Also is your turnlock twisted just in the picture it's twisted?.

I just returned a caviar bag last week that also had many obvious wrinkles brand new. From what I noticed, and I'm no expert, they all crease/wrinkle but since there is a variation in leather's stiffness & shine, in some bags the wrinkles look more pronounced. I personally didn't like the look of a brand new bag with such obvious wrinkles so I will be keeping that in mind during my search. I've only ever looked at one lambskin though and I didn't see any noticable wrinkles on it so I don't know if it's common for a brand new lambskin. Also is your turnlock twisted just in the picture it's twisted?.
yeah, I haven't seen any NEW lamb skin with this many wrinkles, so I'm still on the fence about it. I have even compared it to Pre-loved versions and they don't have any wrinkles. :sad: It's SO disheartening. Btw, the turnlock is not twisted. I just didn't turn it all the way. Lol! (Good eye!) thanks for your input!:heart:

Do people see Chanel 19s in the wild much? I’ve only seen it once, and I live in northern CA. I also asked this question in the clubhouse. Thanks!
Not on the streets so far but three - four times on someone else when I was browsing in a Chanel boutique. I am in London. Given it’s usability, I actually expect to seeC19s more often. Why do you ask dear?

Reactions: EpiFanatic