Dior Caro!

Is it just me or is the price of this "pouch" (WOC) just ridiculous? In 2017 I purchased a Diorama pouch in the UK and after VAT return, it was literally 1/3 of the price of this. No joke. I pulled my calculator out to make sure. A THIRD!

View attachment 5575113
Dior's prices are getting quite ridiculous. They are capitalizing on their high demand. This is happening at a lot of the luxury brands. Some of Gucci's recent price increases have made some of their bags so much more expensive than they used to be.

Two things sold me on the bag, the linen color and the hardware color. I not buying much lately because EVERYTHING is gold or champagne hardware. It horriblely clashes with my skin. I REALLY want a MyDior red Lady Dior with silver hardware but I don't know how long I'll have to wait... the silver is SOO much more sophisticated that I thought I couldn't pass up a Dior bag with silver hardware
20220804_182334.jpg20220804_182433.jpg
So I LOVE green, but when I saw it in the store it had a little more blue than I thought.
But...because of this very light color what does everyone thing about trying to use this bag as a neutral color that would go with almost anything. Thoughts?

Two things sold me on the bag, the linen color and the hardware color. I not buying much lately because EVERYTHING is gold or champagne hardware. It horriblely clashes with my skin. I REALLY want a MyDior red Lady Dior with silver hardware but I don't know how long I'll have to wait... the silver is SOO much more sophisticated that I thought I couldn't pass up a Dior bag with silver hardware
View attachment 5583332View attachment 5583333
So I LOVE green, but when I saw it in the store it had a little more blue than I thought.
But...because of this very light color what does everyone thing about trying to use this bag as a neutral color that would go with almost anything. Thoughts?
It looks lovely on you! Congratulations!

View attachment 5583332View attachment 5583333
Congratulations! It’s a beautiful color. I think it will look great with most colors. Orange, not so much.

Hello Caro lovers! I'm super close to buying the large black (decided it's more functional than the LD) and having gone back and forth with several Dior reps, I'm reassured that its superior full-leather will stand the test of time (interior is 95% lambskin, 5% calfskin. Exterior is 100% supple calfskin).

Before I go ahead and $$$£££, I wanted to check-in with you all to see if you're still happy with the bag? Thank you so much! X

Hello Caro lovers! I'm super close to buying the large black (decided it's more functional than the LD) and having gone back and forth with several Dior reps, I'm reassured that its superior full-leather will stand the test of time (interior is 95% lambskin, 5% calfskin. Exterior is 100% supple calfskin).

Before I go ahead and $$$£££, I wanted to check-in with you all to see if you're still happy with the bag? Thank you so much! X
Still very happy with my Caro‘s. I’d say - do it. The black one is super durable. It’s one of my favorite bags :heart:

E2D6D1A7-0B0D-4CF1-9D47-FA78C8E5A48D.jpeg

0C038688-2CB2-41D1-884E-D2AA9E19132E.jpeg

Hi everyone, I absolutely love the cannage stitching and the boxy shape of the Dior caro but I’m a bit irked by the huge logo clasp. I really wish they could make it a bit smaller. Dior recently came out with this Caro chain belt with small logo and I was immediately sold even though it’s more of a Woc than a bag. The new chain design is also very Dior classy also! I’d be happy to see if someone else also got the pouches to share
I wonder if they would come out with new iterations of the caro bag with smaller hardware
View attachment 5416193
I just recently purchased the caro belt pouch in white!! In love with the cannage

I totally agree on the caro logo clasp — I walked into the store originslly thinking I was getting a Caro bag but instead opted for the belt pouch for similar reasons.

1752AC51-75CD-46F6-89FA-2996B910E054.jpeg

Still very happy with my Caro‘s. I’d say - do it. The black one is super durable. It’s one of my favorite bags :heart:

View attachment 5629030

View attachment 5629031

Thank you!! Your gradient blue is lovely!

I went ahead and bought the black calfskin in the large, last month!! I absolutely LOVE the smell of the sumptuous leather and have kept it in its box. I don't have the heart to use it just yet It's too perfect. Harrods were wonderful and made sure that mine was brand new "untouched by the human hand"

I just recently purchased the caro belt pouch in white!! In love with the cannage

I totally agree on the caro logo clasp — I walked into the store originslly thinking I was getting a Caro bag but instead opted for the belt pouch for similar reasons.

View attachment 5629284
love the belt pouch! whoop congrats!

I also agree that the logo clasp is somewhat off-balance, BUT in the Large size it's perfecto!!! Doesn't look big. Feels right.

Thank you!! Your gradient blue is lovely!

I went ahead and bought the black calfskin in the large, last month!! I absolutely LOVE the smell of the sumptuous leather and have kept it in its box. I don't have the heart to use it just yet It's too perfect. Harrods were wonderful and made sure that mine was brand new "untouched by the human hand"
Thank you!!
The more I use my Caro, the more I love it. Very addictive. And you’re so right - the smell of the leather. AHHH :biggrin:
Yeeees, the untouched ones are really the best ones! :lol: I wish you a lot of joy with it. :smile:

Ohh, please, don’t keep it in the box. Leather should always breathe.

Thank you!!
The more I use my Caro, the more I love it. Very addictive. And you’re so right - the smell of the leather. AHHH :biggrin:
Yeeees, the untouched ones are really the best ones! :lol: I wish you a lot of joy with it. :smile:

Ohh, please, don’t keep it in the box. Leather should always breathe.
That's so kind of you to say! Thank you for love and luck. I am so excited to start using it... London Christmas season awaits! I sold all of my luxury bags - some untouched, in its wrapping, never used, big mistake(s) - as I now only want one that will carry me through my newly-edited wardrobe. I want the Caro to be a part of me for many years to come. I had no idea that leather needs to breathe... thank you so much for this tip!! I thought keeping it in its dustbag and box would protect it? X