How's your Chanel costume jewellery holding up? Pictures welcome!

lululemoon

Feb 1, 2021
Hi all,

I've always heard stories about Chanel costume jewellry tarnish or have fall out stones/crystals... I know they are not made from expensive materials and I do not expect them to last forever. But I do wish them last if I only wear them occationally and take care of them each wear. I did just got my first pair few month ago and I'm wondering how will it wear. Please share your experience on how long you have your pieces for and how do they look now. Pictures are welcome!! Thansk for sharing!!

Well, I'm probably going to be the least useful on this thread, but I've had my CC crystal earrings for over 5 years, probably worn less than 5 times.
I can't say what happens after regular, semi-regular, or even occasional use, exposure to air, lotion, perfume, etc.

But what I can say, is that just by sitting there in my jewelry box, they have not tarnished or fallen out on their own, lol. :P

(My Dior earrings, on the other hand, probably same age, and same number of uses, have tarnished on their own in jewelry box, which makes me sad/annoyed every time I see them...:annoyed:)

Well, I'm probably going to be the least useful on this thread, but I've had my CC crystal earrings for over 5 years, probably worn less than 5 times.
I can't say what happens after regular, semi-regular, or even occasional use, exposure to air, lotion, perfume, etc.

But what I can say, is that just by sitting there in my jewelry box, they have not tarnished or fallen out on their own, lol. :P

(My Dior earrings, on the other hand, probably same age, and same number of uses, have tarnished on their own in jewelry box, which makes me sad/annoyed every time I see them...:annoyed:)
It's a bummer to see them tarnish on their own! Good thing your Chanel one is fine :biggrin:

Reactions: lill_canele
I think if you wear them occassionaly and take some care the chanel earrings will last you at least a few years.

Mine do and thats why i am still tempted to buy some at today's pricing. I heard dior costume jewellery tarnish easy too, so never tried those though i love their design.

I stick with chanel earrings over the past decade or so.. although i have sold my older ones and the oldest one i have now is from 2020, and still looks good as new