Hermes shearling Oran sandals

Lubi777

O.G.
Mar 9, 2010
I just purchased a new pair of shearling Oran sandals. I'm contemplating if I should return them. I don't want to wear them as house slippers but rather outdoors. I feel like they will be ruined in a month and will pick up all the fluff and filth from the street which would drive me crazy. I can't find any reviews. If someone would be kind enough to share their experience. I'm most concerned about stuff getting stuck in the fur. I wore them for a few minutes in my home which I consider super clean and yet fluff and hair got stuck on them. So can't even imagine what could happen in a filthy street. Unless I wear them only to the shopping malls and wear them indoors there. Please help!

I just purchased a new pair of shearling Oran sandals. I'm contemplating if I should return them. I don't want to wear them as house slippers but rather outdoors. I feel like they will be ruined in a month and will pick up all the fluff and filth from the street which would drive me crazy. I can't find any reviews. If someone would be kind enough to share their experience. I'm most concerned about stuff getting stuck in the fur. I wore them for a few minutes in my home which I consider super clean and yet fluff and hair got stuck on them. So can't even imagine what could happen in a filthy street. Unless I wear them only to the shopping malls and wear them indoors there. Please help!

I bought the black pair and regret it every single day.
Not only it stains my feet but also the shearling ages really badly.
And yes, they do pick some filth from the streets, hence why I simply stopped wearing them.

And yes, they do pick some filth from the streets, hence why I simply stopped wearing them.

Oh yes, I heard about the staining too. Thank you for your feedback. I guess it's better to send them back.

Oh no! I hate to hear that. I just ordered the wool black Chypre sandals. I heard about the staining. Ugh. I have the shearling chypre. I've only worn once, but I do love them! So comfortable. But I don't do a lot of walking on the street. I'm usually walking inside.

Reactions: lvstratus
I bought the oran in vert d’eau and did wear them a few times. No stain color transfer, I think they fixe the issue with the 2022 release.
Regarding the shoes being ruined did not happen. After I wear them I personally use a natural baby wipe to clean what have get on them.

I am very happy with my purchase very comfortable.

Reactions: malbec_bleu
Are these the teddy orans? I actually imagined them becoming gross with time hence really stopped myself when I saw my size. Curious to see other reviews! mod pics would be awesome as well. :smile:

Wanted to share my experience with my shearling orans that I bought ~a year ago now.
I wear my shearling orans a good amount, love them but you can definitely see the toe imprints after a couple wears. They don’t bother me but if you’re someone that likes to keep things looking new all the time this material definitely isn’t it.
(Pics taken today)
2A672131-A354-47E6-8071-FBFEEC3CEFDE.jpeg11055295-FE89-478C-B014-1B9A196C20CE.jpeg99433318-0CDD-40BF-93A3-2C7AE506FEAA.jpeg
Pic taken in October CECFD88E-449C-482E-A95B-2507747E0C96.jpeg
pics taken in June when I first got them
869951AB-BA40-44EE-8989-13A1E6121B15.jpeg
D8482CD6-004C-47A5-9CC6-FA408EC26AE1.jpeg
Waiting for a vert deau pair :love:

Wanted to share my experience with my shearling orans that I bought ~a year ago now.
I wear my shearling orans a good amount, love them but you can definitely see the toe imprints after a couple wears. They don’t bother me but if you’re someone that likes to keep things looking new all the time this material definitely isn’t it.
(Pics taken today)
View attachment 5444842View attachment 5444843View attachment 5444844
Pic taken in October View attachment 5444845
pics taken in June when I first got them
View attachment 5444850
View attachment 5444851
Waiting for a vert deau pair :love:

Looking so cute! Love the chill vibes of teddy orans. :smile: Do dirt stick to them when you wander about? :smile:

Reactions: rose80
maybe wrong thread but shearling orans or shearling chypres? I tried them both on in orange and can't get over how ridiculous the chypres are, but I also can't stop thinking about them. I would get both in shearling if I could!

Reactions: rose80
maybe wrong thread but shearling orans or shearling chypres? I tried them both on in orange and can't get over how ridiculous the chypres are, but I also can't stop thinking about them. I would get both in shearling if I could!

Both cute! shearling chores are so special and comfy looking!

I thought the same thing about the Chypres until I tried them on, now I love them. I actually prefer them over the orans, but I have a slightly wider foot and high instep. They are super comfortable.