4-hr layover in paris . . .

Do you land in Roissy or Orly?
Roissy Charles de Gaulle is about 1hr by taxi from Paris, with circulation it could take you 1h30...
Orly is a little bit better, maybe 45 mins

But with the huge terminals to walk from and to, I wouldn't advise it.

Other Parisians for their opinion?

Maybe take a later flight for your connection... Spend the night? :biggrin:

Do you land in Roissy or Orly?
Roissy Charles de Gaulle is about 1hr by taxi from Paris, with circulation it could take you 1h30... Maybe take a later flight for your connection... Spend the night? :biggrin:

CdG - rats. sadly, spending the night isn't an option and i'll just have to content myself with duty-free shopping . . . .

I just read about your sweet puppy. I'm so sorry. If it's any help, I had a golden that went through chemo and radiation. In the end, it didn't help. And believe me, I would have given her a kidney if it would have saved her. It's been 6 years, and I still cry for Dizzy. Hope you have a wonderful trip...and lots of great shopping!

DQ, what is the time of day??
I think that would make the difference. And, you could ask the taxi to wait, or arrange one as soon as you arrive at H to pick you up at the appointed time to return to the airport. Moi, I am worried about having to get in the security line again.

Also, you could check the departure time of your connection. If it is running late, your are back in business!!!

But I would love for it to happen for you!!!

It's a close call, but not impossible. Grab a taxi straight from the airport and ask him to wait. Tight timeline, but doable. If all else fails, there's some nice Longchamp in the airport Duty Free. Good luck and bon voyage.

I would have said tight but yes if it had been Orly (I would have said take Taxi or even Orlybus or Orlyval to Denfert Rochereau and then the metro, it's the fastest way imo), but I think it will be impossible if it's CdG. Lots of stress and lots of possibilities to loose your flight as soon as you bump into something that takes longer than expected. First it's a larger airport, with long in between terminal distances, loooooooog lines for everything, especially if you'll then have a non Shengen flight. Second, don't know why but more traffic jams (so metro still is fastest option) especially during peak hours eg. late afternoon (after 5PM). Sorry. I'm afraid you'll be left to duty free:shrugs:

^^^means outside the EEC coutries that signed the Schengen agreement for free tranfers of goods and persons, means no customs/declaration lines, no police controls lines, and less security lines etc...

A Schengen country is a signatory to the Schengen Agreement, essentially eliminating internal border controls between signatory nations. There are 15 Schengen countries at present: Austria, the Benelux countries, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and Spain.

Good luck DQ. I agree with TT - doable if it's Orly, but near impossible if it's CDG.