What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy/Wear?

Happy Saturday Everyone!
Since folks reading this thread appreciate different brands and different styles of jewelry, I thought I would share in case some of you might be interested...

I mentioned earlier there is a Tiffany exhibition of their historical and high jewelry going on in London. The exhibition has 7 "sections", and it is supposed to come to NYC next. I have been following this exhibition because the date for NYC has not been announced, and I do not want to miss it. Tiffany just confirmed only sections of the London exhibition will make it to NYC, so NYC will not exhibition all 7 sections.

This is FYI to share in case any of you were planning on going to the NYC exhibition. If seeing the full exhibition matters to you, you might have to hop across the pond to see all the pieces. There are some magnificent pieces.

Here is the link: Vision & Virtuosity by Tiffany & Co. - Exhibition - Saatchi Gallery

Last edited:
Had a chance to stop into a Buccelati store in Vegas. I tried one bracelet the at intrigued me. Beautiful workmanship.

View attachment 5439744

View attachment 5439745

View attachment 5439746
I am love with Buccellati, and I was just there a few weeks ago!

I love their wide bangles with the Rigato finish. As FYI, they can make any design in any metal.

This is the one I like, but I want it made in all WG (no YG accents).
Their metalwork is gorgeous.

I would like to have your input. I am torn between Bulgari Serpenti vs Tiffany Hardwear necklace. which one would you go for?
View attachment 5440933
I love Tiffany but not a fan of their Hardwear line. Not in love with Bvlgari in general but love their Serpenti line :biggrin: so my vote for the serpenti necklace:heart:… which do you like more or is it 50/50 for you?

• Insightful
Reactions: Sakong and 880
Had a chance to stop into a Buccelati store in Vegas. I tried one bracelet that intrigued me. Beautiful workmanship. Look at the hand etched lines. And if it gets scratched up, they can redo it for you. See the multicolored reflections of the white gold?

View attachment 5439744

View attachment 5439745

View attachment 5439746

View attachment 5439747
I love Buccellati--the metalwork and etching are, quite literally, brilliant. I am usually shy about posting but these designs deserve more love on the forum:
20220705_154040.jpg

I love Buccellati--the metalwork and etching are, quite literally, brilliant. I am usually shy about posting but these designs deserve more love on the forum:
View attachment 5441304
These are gorgeous. I really love this brand now too! I used to think it was so old world glamour and a bit stuffy for me. However, I am now all grown up! :biggrin::heart: I have been researching the pieces planning my collection and what pieces to get. :nuts: :heart:

Love your bangles and the Rigato finish. It's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

I would like to have your input. I am torn between Bulgari Serpenti vs Tiffany Hardwear necklace. which one would you go for?
View attachment 5440933
Well, my honest thoughts on this...
For me, I would not get either, but if I had to pick one, I would pick the Tiffany Hardwear. Here is why...

The Bulgari looks neither here nor there to me. It's not a statement piece, and it looks like a herringbone chain collar necklace, a bit plain. If you did not tell me up front this was Bulgari, I would have to really stare at it to see the Serpenti theme because the ncklace is so thin. I also think this necklace is not lasting, and you may tire of it because it's a bit simple, unless the simple look is what you want.

The Tiffany Hardwear is very edgey which is personally not my look. Hence, for me, I would not buy it. That said, I love the Hardwear collection and this necklace! It's bold, and it's a great design. I love seeing it on people; it's very fresh. I wish I dressed edgey so I could buy Hardwear pieces! :nuts::heart: Industrial theme jewelry such as Hardwear. paperclips, are very fashionable now, so you will definitely get a lot of wear out of this necklace assuming this is your look. Think if this is your look, because for me, no matter how beautiful something is, if it's not my look, I pass.

Since this thread of part of the VCA forum, I assume you already have a 10 motif. If not, for me., since you like short necklaces, I would get a 10 motif over both of these necklaces.

That's just my two cents. Jewelry is 100% preference, and all that matters is if you love it.
These two necklaces are very difference fashion looks, so ask yourself which of these necklaces (including the 10 motif) are "you," your fashion look. Everyone has a look they strive for (e.g. the look I strive for is old world glamour, think Elizabeth Taylor bling).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

View attachment 5440933

I would choose the hardware necklace. It photographs well. The design is robust, and it feels substantial.

The serpenti doesn’t look as snake-like as a necklace. I prefer it coiled around a wrist or finger. Around the neck, the snake looks much less “alive.” If you wanted serpenti as a necklace, I would go for the one where it’s biting the tail. Otherwise, the distinctive snake design just isn’t being highlighted. Also, this version where only the ends of the tail and head are pave just looks a bit random. Like I’d prefer it to either be alternating diamonds, or for it to be all pave, or all gold. I think the serpenti’s clean lines get lost in this version. It’s just not as sexy anymore. Like, I’d rather go for the snake head pendant than the whole snake necklace here.

View attachment 5440933
Serpenti. I don’t prefer the hardware piece around the neck. Too harsh and unwieldy. The serpenti is at least cute. Does Tiffany still sell Elsa Peretti’s serpent necklace? I prefer that to Bulgari’s version that you pictured.

Reactions: Sakong
I love Tiffany but not a fan of their Hardwear line. Not in love with Bvlgari in general but love their Serpenti line :biggrin: so my vote for the serpenti necklace:heart:… which do you like more or is it 50/50 for you?
+1 serpenti :biggrin:, but this one isnt my favorite. I prefer chunkier ones that are more like a coiled lariat head and tail

@BigAkoya