Shopping at Coach Factory

Mar 27, 2009
Hello! It has been years since I have set foot in any Coach shop, including the Factory ones. I recall that if I wasn’t sure if a bag was a Factory or a boutique bag, I only needed to check to see if the label inside started with the letter F. That used to be the way I could determine. But I was at a Factory store this past Saturday, and I was confused. From what I recall, the majority of bags sold at a factory shop are made specifically for the factory; I was checking for the F and it wasn’t how it used to be, so I would be looking at bags that I wasn’t sure if they were boutique or not. I left empty handed because I just wasn’t sure.
Can someone bring me up to speed about how to check to see if it is factory or boutique nowadays?
Thank you so much for any help!

Almost all of the bags at the factory/outlet stores are outlet bags. That said each outlet often has a section of their FP (full price) Boutique bags that have been moved over from retail stores--some stores this section is very small. Those sometimes have their original tags, or sometimes they add a new tag with the F once it moved over. The easiest way to find them is to ask a SA for their "deleted" or "boutique" bags. Sometimes they have some in the back and never put them out anyway unless someone asks.

Almost all of the bags at the factory/outlet stores are outlet bags. That said each outlet often has a section of their FP (full price) Boutique bags that have been moved over from retail stores--some stores this section is very small. Those sometimes have their original tags, or sometimes they add a new tag with the F once it moved over. The easiest way to find them is to ask a SA for their "deleted" or "boutique" bags. Sometimes they have some in the back and never put them out anyway unless someone asks.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: Alexa5