Help, quality issue with new bag

Itinerantd

May 6, 2018
I bought a mens fendi peekaboo mini recently, new from the store. It has matte black hardware. On the second day I owned this bag, and after the first time I wore it out, I started noticing that the matte surface of the strap hooks and attachment site had worn completely down to the bare silver metal underneath! I signed the exchange only receipt at purchase but in this instance would they even allow an exchange? Ideally it should be a return with this horrible quality! If they refuse the exchange for store credit I am definitely never shopping with Fendi again, given the quality issue.
I had looked forward to my first fendi peekaboo, did not like the womens line and bought the mens mini. Btw the reason for not liking the womens peekaboos in the store is because they all had leather cracking in all the stitches. While I was looking at another bag, one of the grommets came off as I was browsing! Is no brand safe from quality issues now?

• Wow
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I bought a mens fendi peekaboo mini recently, new from the store. It has matte black hardware. On the second day I owned this bag, and after the first time I wore it out, I started noticing that the matte surface of the strap hooks and attachment site had worn completely down to the bare silver metal underneath! I signed the exchange only receipt at purchase but in this instance would they even allow an exchange? Ideally it should be a return with this horrible quality! If they refuse the exchange for store credit I am definitely never shopping with Fendi again, given the quality issue.
I had looked forward to my first fendi peekaboo, did not like the womens line and bought the mens mini. Btw the reason for not liking the womens peekaboos in the store is because they all had leather cracking in all the stitches. While I was looking at another bag, one of the grommets came off as I was browsing! Is no brand safe from quality issues now?

Oh no, so sorry.

I think like most brands, different bags are made differently. I would have hoped the a Peekaboo would be of the highest quality :sad:

that's horrible, do you have any pics?

Reactions: Itinerantd
that's horrible, do you have any pics?
Here is the strap hook. I think it’s a design flaw with the material, it’s not meant to bear the weight of the bag with all the rubbing.

Also a safety hazard, it comes off in a film of dust/little flakes, wouldn’t want to inhale or ingest that!

Update: just heard from the SA, I was able to get an agreeable solution.

E06513A7-DA93-464C-B002-229A1F56AD10.jpeg

Here is the strap hook. I think it’s a design flaw with the material, it’s not meant to bear the weight of the bag with all the rubbing.

Also a safety hazard, it comes off in a film of dust/little flakes, wouldn’t want to inhale or ingest that!

Update: just heard from the SA, I was able to get an agreeable solution.

View attachment 5440762
Glad to hear that the SA is resolving this with you. I try to avoid black metal hardware because this can eventually happen, especially in areas of high friction.

Glad to hear that the SA is resolving this with you. I try to avoid black metal hardware because this can eventually happen, especially in areas of high friction.

Agreed. I have heard the same about the matte colored lady Diors as well.

My black on black YSL envelope bag that I got in 2017 has been doing pretty well though. Just started chipping on the logo this year.
But I'll be honest, I never bothered to look at the the attachment sites/areas where the chains rub against the grommets. I'm sure there is wear there, but I hardly ever noticed. :P
On another note, it does make sense that there will be wear at the attachment sites of any hardware that is painted, it has the highest amount of contact and friction and it's bound to happen eventually.

Glad you were able to figure something out with your SA!

Agreed. I have heard the same about the matte colored lady Diors as well.

My black on black YSL envelope bag that I got in 2017 has been doing pretty well though. Just started chipping on the logo this year.
But I'll be honest, I never bothered to look at the the attachment sites/areas where the chains rub against the grommets. I'm sure there is wear there, but I hardly ever noticed. :P
On another note, it does make sense that there will be wear at the attachment sites of any hardware that is painted, it has the highest amount of contact and friction and it's bound to happen eventually.

Glad you were able to figure something out with your SA!
I kind of vaguely was aware of this but had some impression in my head this wouldn’t happen until later on if at all. Certainly didn’t expect after 1 wear! Unfortunate because the look of matte hardware is stunning.

Reactions: lill_canele
What is the quality of leather for Fendi? I would like to get this, but worried that it’s not grained leather. Does this type of leather scratch easily?

Attachments

• 1D3029FD-8573-4824-B541-A741DD051FC1.jpeg
    1D3029FD-8573-4824-B541-A741DD051FC1.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 6
What is the quality of leather for Fendi? I would like to get this, but worried that it’s not grained leather. Does this type of leather scratch easily?
I don’t know about this particular bag but I personally am not in the market for any non-pebbled leather from Fendi. Reason is, some months ago I was looking at a smooth leather peekaboo and one they took out from the back (not shelf display bag) already had visible wear at the corners.

• Wow
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I agree. I wanted the Peekaboo Essentially in this beautiful rose pink colour. The leather is matte and smooth.

The first one the SA showed me had a 3” bulge on one side from an impression of the belt handle (rolled up) stored inside.

So the SA ordered one from Italy. Unfortunately this one was worse. It had 5 faint crease lines across one side. The SA said she could order another one but I didn’t want to wait another two weeks. I bought a pink one from another brand instead.

Very unfortunate.

I have to add here. My husband got me my first peekaboo and I was shocked when just after a few wears, the grommet on the removable pouch attached inside the bag completely came off. Additionally, a lot of the protective plastic film on the hardware wasn’t applied correctly so you couldn’t fully remove it. I took it to Fendi and they charged me to repair their workmanship. This is the second Fendi bag I’ve owned and the second Fendi bag I’ve had to get repaired. I’m really shocked at the quality

Reactions: pursechi