Polène handbags

Hi All,

I'm sorry for all the post spam if it is unwelcome. I thought I was sharing Polene-related content that I found online. However, if it's unpopular or against the rules, please let me know and I will stop immediately. I don't want to drive anyone from the thread or forums.
I enjoy your posts very much, I like that the thread is active. Keep up a good job!

Hi all,

I am considering a Polene Numero Huit Mini but I cannot for the life of me decide between Taupe and Camel. Any thoughts? I will mostly be using it as a day bag.

Most of my bags are black and I just want something different / lighter. I want whichever will go with the most outfits (I wear a lot of white, black, blue, olive green, some grey - occasionally reds, pastels, neutrals).

HELP!

Hi all,

I am considering a Polene Numero Huit Mini but I cannot for the life of me decide between Taupe and Camel. Any thoughts? I will mostly be using it as a day bag.

Most of my bags are black and I just want something different / lighter. I want whichever will go with the most outfits (I wear a lot of white, black, blue, olive green, some grey - occasionally reds, pastels, neutrals).

HELP!
They are both beautiful neutrals! taupe is a cooler neutral whereas camel is warmer. Usually taupe refers to a cooler base; your eye does t really see it but it is a neutral with a bluish-pink that keeps the color from having a creamy, yellow, or orange tone. Camel, on the other hand, has yellow-red undertones so it is warmer. Polene does a great job of keeping both the taupe and camel as subtle as possible. Both colors would work for your wardrobe and they are both really beautiful IRL. The camel might pop a bit more whereas the taupe, which is a bit lighter, would blend in a bit more.

Also, Do you find yourself leaning towards cooler or warmer tones in your wardrobe? Do you wear gold or silver jewelry? One color might blend in better with your personal palette than another.

HTH!
I’m sure others have opinions on these colors.

They are both beautiful neutrals! taupe is a cooler neutral whereas camel is warmer. Usually taupe refers to a cooler base; your eye does t really see it but it is a neutral with a bluish-pink that keeps the color from having a creamy, yellow, or orange tone. Camel, on the other hand, has yellow-red undertones so it is warmer. Polene does a great job of keeping both the taupe and camel as subtle as possible. Both colors would work for your wardrobe and they are both really beautiful IRL. The camel might pop a bit more whereas the taupe, which is a bit lighter, would blend in a bit more.

Also, Do you find yourself leaning towards cooler or warmer tones in your wardrobe? Do you wear gold or silver jewelry? One color might blend in better with your personal palette than another.

HTH!
I’m sure others have opinions on these colors.

Wow, thank you - I had the same thoughts re one popping more and the other being more subtle. I tend to wear silver jewelry, which meant my initial instinct was the taupe but the camel just looks so lovely when I see it styled and it feels like it would shake up my look a bit and take me out of my comfort level (I know I am super boring that a camel bag feels out of my normal styling comfort zone!). I would say I usually go for cooler tones in my wardrobe as well (and I have cooler skin undertones, if that matters at all about a bag? lol)

I do wish I could go and look at them in person!

Wow, thank you - I had the same thoughts re one popping more and the other being more subtle. I tend to wear silver jewelry, which meant my initial instinct was the taupe but the camel just looks so lovely when I see it styled and it feels like it would shake up my look a bit and take me out of my comfort level (I know I am super boring that a camel bag feels out of my normal styling comfort zone!). I would say I usually go for cooler tones in my wardrobe as well (and I have cooler skin undertones, if that matters at all about a bag? lol)

I do wish I could go and look at them in person!
This totally makes sense to me! I had my “colors” done and I Have cooler undertones as well, which means I generally go for black, grey, cooler browns, and bright jewel tones. BUT, I bought a Dix in the cognac color (warm brown) because I absolutely fell in love with it at the store. And the camel is also beautiful! I would say that given how light their taupe is, if you are looking for a year-round bag that is at home in the fall and winter months, camel would be an excellent choice. Their camel is a classic tone, if that makes sense. (That said, again, I know that many here are wearing the Taupe year round as well.).

this might be a silly suggestion but maybe you could copy and paste a photo of the bag onto an existing photo of you wearing your typical clothing. I confess to doing this and sometimes it helps me choose!

My new additions! Will take another photo with my Nano and Dix another day.
The Sept in burgundy is gorgeous! Exactly the colour I wanted. It looks very classy and seems to fit quite a bit.
The Neuf in beige is actually smaller than I thought (which is great) but still a tad too bulky. I’m keeping it though! Still looks great in the crook of my arm and the colour is GREAT IM SO GLAD I GOT THE BEIGE. Will also explore the wide strap option. :heart::heart::heart:

Attachments

• 1128278D-0AD0-423E-B5C1-2C0138825D88.jpeg
    1128278D-0AD0-423E-B5C1-2C0138825D88.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 70
I was going back in forth on whether I wanted to go with the tonca or mini neuf. On most days, I dress pretty casual, so I was looking for an everyday crossbody that was a bit more low key without any luxury brand logos on it. I've heard great things about Polene and wanted to try something new! In the beginning, I was leaning more toward the tonca, but after looking at the mini neuf and watching videos, I finally decided to go with the mini neuf in camel. My only concern was the narrow opening and being annoyed about getting items in and out. Alas! I received my mini neuf today and am SO happy with my decision. For reference, I am petite standing at 5'0 feet and absolutely love the size and how it fits crossbody. The opening isn't too bad and I'm sure I will get used to it, so not a dealbreaker for me! I also agree with some of the previous comments that it would be amazing if they had this bag in sage or fresh almond :love: hopefully one day!!

Pros:
So adorable!!
goes great w/ casual and dressy outfits
great quality leather
Unique, yet simple, structured bag
Versatile- crossbody, shoulder w/ strap, and crook of arm.
Fits all my essentials - iphone max, thin compact wallet, hand sanitizer, lip glosses, key fob, mints, hand lotion
lightweight
the amount of holes in the strap and being inclusive of all heights :smile: My luxury branded bags have pretty long straps and I end up needing to add additional holes in it.

Cons
Narrow opening
would have liked if there was some sort of slip pocket to place my lipgloss or card holder for easy access

Hope this helps anyone interested in the mini Neuf :smile: She is definitely a cutie!

Congrats on your mini Neuf!!! It’s possibly my favorite of my Polenes.

Does anyone with a Beri wear theirs like this? Never seen this before. Now I wish I had tried to stick my hand through the top handle too.

To be honest, I don’t think this looks that good. She has skinny arms so she just baaaaarely makes it work, but IMO the opening under the top handle is just too small on this bag, to be worn this way.

Guys the nano Moka came back in stock!! Been checking every day and just saw today it was available again so have taken the plunge and purchased!:biggrin: along with the Tonca in Cognac which I’ve had my eye on for a while too… will post pics when they arrive! So definitely worth checking back periodically to see if they have stock again!

Aw congrats! Glad you kept checking and got one!

TPF has a block feature if you don't want to see someones posts.....it's that simple.

Been trying to avoid commenting on any of this but lol RIGHT??!! Sigh.

Hi all,

HELP!

I vote for taupe!!! But I’m biased, I always lean towards cooler neutrals.

The Sept in burgundy is gorgeous! Exactly the colour I wanted. It looks very classy and seems to fit quite a bit.
The Neuf in beige is actually smaller than I thought (which is great) but still a tad too bulky. I’m keeping it though! Still looks great in the crook of my arm and the colour is GREAT IM SO GLAD I GOT THE BEIGE. Will also explore the wide strap option. :heart::heart::heart:

Congrats on your new bags, both are gorgeous!!! We are bag twins on the Neuf.

Another tour of the Polene flagship store in Paris.

Thank you for sharing this! Was a good excuse to dust off my rusty Japanese skills, and I could actually understand most of it!

The bit that got me super excited was when they said a store would be opening in New York in "a few days" - Does anyone have any intel on when that is? I'm hoping there isn't some nuance to the Japanese word for a few days that might mean more like a few months, ha ha. If I could go in person and see the bags it would save me on delivery fee and also help my impossible choice task!

Congratulations on your new additions! The are both beautiful.:yahoo::clap:

Reactions: Jereni and Milsaar
Beautiful! Love the beige Neuf!!! :love:

Hi all! After obsessing over the Neuf mini in caramel for almost a year, I finally got it last month and love it. I've been eyeing the Un mini in gray as I think it will be my perfect travel purse - easy for daytime but elevated enough to carry to dinner. I just saw the comment earlier regarding the additional leather strap you can add to the chain. I had no idea that existed! How do you find where to buy that? I haven't seen it on the website (if it is and anyone can share a link, it will be much appreciated). That may just force me to buy it for our upcoming vacation :biggrin:...

Thank you for sharing this! Was a good excuse to dust off my rusty Japanese skills, and I could actually understand most of it!

The bit that got me super excited was when they said a store would be opening in New York in "a few days" - Does anyone have any intel on when that is? I'm hoping there isn't some nuance to the Japanese word for a few days that might mean more like a few months, ha ha. If I could go in person and see the bags it would save me on delivery fee and also help my impossible choice task!
Also she said a store will open in Tokyo in 2022, I am very exciting!