What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I never liked the look of Epi leather; it seemed weirdly shiny and plastic-y. Then for whatever reason, a few years I decided to buy a preloved Petit Noe. One touch and I fell in love. It’s a bag from 1993, and the leather is just smooshy enough. And it apparently wears like iron, with no concerns about babying vaccheta.

So now I love Epi leather.
I have this bag too and the best way to describe the bag is “having a backbone”. LOL It’s always erect and doesn’t lose it’s shape. I am hopping big bags come back so I can start using the St Jacques shopping bag again. It doesn’t lose it’s shape either.

I miss the collaborations LV used to have and the edginess of the bags. I am getting bored with the giant LV logo and it seems LV is losing its creativity for new designs. Pieces are being introduced and discontinued so quickly it’s hard to even get excited about something.
I feel like the collabs they have been doing lately is with celebrity endorsements rather than designer collabs. I hated the “artistic” collab with the classic paintings. I am sure there were a lot of fans of this but it felt weird to me. But who cares what I think. To each his or her own. If we all liked the same things, life would be boring. LOL

I have this bag too and the best way to describe the bag is “having a backbone”. LOL It’s always erect and doesn’t lose it’s shape. I am hopping big bags come back so I can start using the St Jacques shopping bag again. It doesn’t lose it’s shape either.
Big bags ARE back, and besides that, a big bag is never really out of style. I would never NOT carry a big bag just because there was a mini bag trend for instance. If you care about that sort of thing, think about the odds of someone seeing you with a big handbag and thinking to themselves..."wow, she should be carrying a small one"! Astronomically low.

Big bags ARE back, and besides that, a big bag is never really out of style. I would never NOT carry a big bag just because there was a mini bag trend for instance. If you care about that sort of thing, think about the odds of someone seeing you with a big handbag and thinking to themselves..."wow, she should be carrying a small one"! Astronomically low.
Actually because of covid I have been carrying small purses and when I said I want big bags to be back I meant I want things to go back to normal. I should have been clear with that. I am old so I could careless what is in style.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1. Each season I don't think it can get worse, yet each season I'm proven wrong.
  2. More neutrals, in particular shades like Caramel and Earth in empreinte leather.
  3. Kinda late to be releasing the Mini Pochette Metis with larger bags making a return after the mini + micro bag trend. Maybe selling less will mean they can keep up with demand to meet customer satisfaction OR meet quality standards?

Reactions: minnnea and Kodi325
I feel like the collabs they have been doing lately is with celebrity endorsements rather than designer collabs. I hated the “artistic” collab with the classic paintings. I am sure there were a lot of fans of this but it felt weird to me. But who cares what I think. To each his or her own. If we all liked the same things, life would be boring. LOL
I was really turned off by the Fornasetti collab. And yes I disliked the the Jeff Koons collection as well….

About to buy my first piece, any it’s a my world tour speedy (hopefully).

my unpopular opinion is that I’m going all out with the stickers - it does symbolise the journey of my honeymoon as it’s an anniversary present, but from what I see on here most people like to keep it as minimal as possible.
I love the fact that this piece will have so much sentimental value for you because of the symbolic meaning of the stickers you choose! Don’t worry about other peoples opinion whe it comes to your personalized piece. If other people had the same inspiration as you do, they would do it too. Half of those people have no emotional attachment to those places depicted on the stickers so why would the pick them? They also probable want to resell as well. Yours will be a keeper, a real heirloom piece, as LV intended, so you do you, designed by you for you.

Last edited: