Dior Caro!

Hi everyone, I absolutely love the cannage stitching and the boxy shape of the Dior caro but I’m a bit irked by the huge logo clasp. I really wish they could make it a bit smaller. Dior recently came out with this Caro chain belt with small logo and I was immediately sold even though it’s more of a Woc than a bag. The new chain design is also very Dior classy also! I’d be happy to see if someone else also got the pouches to share
I wonder if they would come out with new iterations of the caro bag with smaller hardware
View attachment 5416193

Do you mind snapping a pic of what fits?

it fits my iPhone 11 both for inside and the outside back pocket (I love!) plus my cardholder, shopping bag, lipstick. When I’m not using cardholder then it fits a pair of sunglasses also but the bag gets a bit fat if I do that. It closes fine with the magnetic closure.
i just realized that this model for crossbody is not available online yet and there is a similar Belt pouch with less pockets.
83D89ED4-128C-4F36-BBF4-E1E998E338B0.jpeg5FB6BEB0-39B8-4EEB-B39E-8F58199258C2.jpegD2CECA25-8337-4FED-8175-28F630AA95F3.jpeg

Attachments

• DE9D972F-51B1-45A9-B4CF-F1A7CD53256B.jpeg
    DE9D972F-51B1-45A9-B4CF-F1A7CD53256B.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 83
Been following this thread for a while, I'm in love with the Caro! :heart:

Love that it can be dressed up or down. I'm torn between beige and warm taupe... My wardrobe mostly consists of neutral colours (white, black, navy, dusty pink), and my style is more feminine.

Would like to ask if anyone has the warm taupe and maybe some mod shots? :smile: Open to hear other thoughts too! Thanks :smile:

Hey all! Last weekend I’ve bought my second Caro bag. It’s a small Caro linen bag with roségold hardware.
Unfortunately I've noticed a few things and I don't know if this is normal or not. When the bag is closed, a clear gap can be seen on the inside. It looks kind of wrong.

The front lock’s turning bar seems to be a little loose. Turning it into the vertical position often results in +5 degree angle.

My black medium Caro is just in perfect condition and totally different.
Now I'm considering whether I should keep/exchange this bag or whether I should get a small leather Caro in the color rose des vents. The Rose des Vents color is unfortunately not available at the moment (I'm in Germany). And I really hope there is no price increase in July..

What are your experiences with linen/tweed bags? Are they durable? Are they sewn well? Color transfer? Etc.

Please Help! :frown:

CBB2E89B-5A07-4111-989F-3F1CDEF9DF8B.jpeg

84274A1F-53CF-44C4-ADF0-A41CC515FC96.jpeg

5E3A89C5-939A-4C67-8846-3DF19EA2DC80.jpeg

18AEE000-A98E-4913-A64E-1FB74D2CC71C.jpeg

AC965137-DCE2-44CA-90DE-0AB88912C8EE.jpeg

02E3C0C0-8AEF-4797-B50E-A21849A43967.jpeg

Hey all! Last weekend I’ve bought my second Caro bag. It’s a small Caro linen bag with roségold hardware.
Unfortunately I've noticed a few things and I don't know if this is normal or not. When the bag is closed, a clear gap can be seen on the inside. It looks kind of wrong.

The front lock’s turning bar seems to be a little loose. Turning it into the vertical position often results in +5 degree angle.

Now I'm considering whether I should keep/exchange this bag or whether I should get a small leather Caro in the color rose des vents. The Rose des Vents color is unfortunately not available at the moment (I'm in Germany). And I really hope there is no price increase in July..

What are your experiences with linen/tweed bags? Are they durable? Are they sewn well? Color transfer? Etc.

View attachment 5435596

View attachment 5435597

View attachment 5435598

View attachment 5435599

View attachment 5435600

View attachment 5435601
There is rumour of a price increase. Can the bag be returned, or exchanged for a different style like the Lady Dior? I don't think you should keep that bag with the crooked lock.

There is rumour of a price increase. Can the bag be returned, or exchanged for a different style like the Lady Dior? I don't think you should keep that bag with the crooked lock.
Thank you for your answer. I think it should be possible to exchange the bag. Maybe it will be a beige leather version. I’m not sure yet what’s better with wear and tear.
I love the Lady Dior. :heart: Last year I’ve got the ABC in black, it's beautiful.
But this time I really wanted a Caro bag because it's really practical and cute.
I also really like the rose linen and the rosegold HW. I'm just not sure if it will last long because it’s a „material bag“. The good thing is, inside it’s all rose leather, maybe the structure of the bag keep it‘s shape.

I've already texted to my SA, hope we find a solution.

Reactions: averagejoe
I have been living under a very large Dior rock and totally slept on the Caro... Just saw it yesterday in Harrods and it seems to answer all my needs except that the gold hardware on the classic black leather is VERY YELLOW. I wish, wish, it was the champagne gold per the LD.

I am torn between LD black champagne or Caro black and (very very) gold for my first Dior. I am in need of an everyday bag that can do it all!

How do you feel about the yellow gold on the Caro? The chain strap is also very light, feels a bit like a toy chain and not substantial like a YSL chain or indeed a Chanel. Any owners also feel this way?

I have been living under a very large Dior rock and totally slept on the Caro... Just saw it yesterday in Harrods and it seems to answer all my needs except that the gold hardware on the classic black leather is VERY YELLOW. I wish, wish, it was the champagne gold per the LD.

I am torn between LD black champagne or Caro black and (very very) gold for my first Dior. I am in need of an everyday bag that can do it all!

How do you feel about the yellow gold on the Caro? The chain strap is also very light, feels a bit like a toy chain and not substantial like a YSL chain or indeed a Chanel. Any owners also feel this way?

Tough decision. I personally am not a fan of GHW, so I chose the grey w/ruthenium hardware for my caro. I agree with you that the hardware is quite YELLOW. What size are you looking at? Dior does have a medium in black with the ruthenium hw…

As far as LD vs. the caro - that’s another tough one! I got my medium LD (black w/ruthenium hardware) last October, and I truly love it - it’s a stunning, classic bag, that always puts a smile on my face. That being said, I definitely find myself reaching for my Caro (April ‘22 purchase) more. The caro is lighter, feels a bit less formal, and just seems “easier”. While the LD is much roomier, it is a heavy bag, and the idea of scuffing the lambskin admittedly gives me a bit of anxiety. I do believe the caro has classic, staying power, but it seems like many people thought that of the diorissimo too…

As for the chain on the Caro, it’s definitely lighter than the chain on my YSL loulou, but I prefer that - no indentations on my shoulder/traps!

Reactions: Saturday14

View attachment 5435596

View attachment 5435597

View attachment 5435598

View attachment 5435599

View attachment 5435600

View attachment 5435601

I can’t speak to the durability of the non-leather bags, but that crooked lock would drive me crazy. I would absolutely either return or exchange. Just my personal opinion, but when it comes to luxury bags, I like sticking with something that’s all leather. I know it seems silly, but I can’t bring myself to pay $$$$ for something that’s fabric, rattan, etc.

Tough decision. I personally am not a fan of GHW, so I chose the grey w/ruthenium hardware for my caro. I agree with you that the hardware is quite YELLOW. What size are you looking at? Dior does have a medium in black with the ruthenium hw…

As far as LD vs. the caro - that’s another tough one! I got my medium LD (black w/ruthenium hardware) last October, and I truly love it - it’s a stunning, classic bag, that always puts a smile on my face. That being said, I definitely find myself reaching for my Caro (April ‘22 purchase) more. The caro is lighter, feels a bit less formal, and just seems “easier”. While the LD is much roomier, it is a heavy bag, and the idea of scuffing the lambskin admittedly gives me a bit of anxiety. I do believe the caro has classic, staying power, but it seems like many people thought that of the diorissimo too…

As for the chain on the Caro, it’s definitely lighter than the chain on my YSL loulou, but I prefer that - no indentations on my shoulder/traps!

I no longer have the ability to edit my post, but I meant the diorama not the diorissimo.:smile:

Reactions: Saturday14
I can’t speak to the durability of the non-leather bags, but that crooked lock would drive me crazy. I would absolutely either return or exchange. Just my personal opinion, but when it comes to luxury bags, I like sticking with something that’s all leather. I know it seems silly, but I can’t bring myself to pay $$$$ for something that’s fabric, rattan, etc.
You’re so right. And you know what? It drove me crazy :panic:
Later I'll go to the boutique and see what other beautiful Caros they have.
I thought the pink linen Caro was kind of cute, but afterwards I thought the same thing. We pay so much money that leather might be a better choice. Above all, I've also read that if there are stains on the fabric bag, you're usually screwed.

I hope light-colored leather stays beautiful for a long time as well.
If I should get scratches, it would be good if I could simply polish it away - like with my black bags.
So far I only have black Dior bags and wanted something new.
What do you think of these caros? Which Caro bag do you have? Photos are also welcome ;)

C072DF1E-753B-496D-8C12-EB14E4E35643.jpeg

EB78C99A-FE5B-4C7C-A562-F481FC4F6A96.jpeg

0D7B4D9D-9FC8-4B41-8574-F97F209B8A27.png

Last edited:
Reactions: nycgirl79
You’re so right. And you know what? It drove me crazy :panic:
Later I'll go to the boutique and see what other beautiful Caros they have.
I thought the pink linen Caro was kind of cute, but afterwards I thought the same thing. We pay so much money that leather might be a better choice. Above all, I've also read that if there are stains on the fabric bag, you're usually screwed.

I hope light-colored leather stays beautiful for a long time as well.
If I should get scratches, it would be good if I could simply polish it away - like with my black bags.
So far I only have black Dior bags and wanted something new.
What do you think of these caros? Which Caro bag do you have? Photos are also welcome ;)

View attachment 5436629

View attachment 5436630

View attachment 5436631

ITA with you…the pink linen is very cute, but potential durability + overall price would be deterrents for me.

You’ve picked out some beautiful options!! I am the same as you - 99% of the bags in my collection are black. I live in jeans and dark colored tops - color transfer has always been something that terrifies me - so I’ve always stuck with black. However, my caro is actually grey w/ruthenium hardware, and I love it! It’s different enough from black, but still neutral enough to go with my wardrobe. What color scheme is predominant in your closet? Of the options you posted, I really like the RDV and natural. I feel like they’re probably the easiest colors to match, but are also beautiful on their own. The blue is such a pretty pop of color too though…I’ve always wanted to add a red bag to my collection for that pop, but I haven’t had the guts to do so yet! Please let us know what you decide!

My caro.
5AF50B4A-A73B-4AB8-8226-6A34AC8E0480.jpegCF7ED4CB-8F60-465D-9C75-6B862A5A169B.jpeg