Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: Mega-quote ahead!

What a pretty lavender. Lots of summer vibes here! When in doubt, navy seems to work with everything :smile:
Glad you’re feeling better!
Thank you so much, @Lellabelle!
Starting the week with a scarf I think could be perfect for everyone!
Soleil
View attachment 5430442
Lovely scarf, and the matching earrings ….perfection!
Recent scarf mail - Karnak moussie in blue tones.

View attachment 5430468
Great outfit!
Heat in DFW, real life interventions, and general laziness, but felt it only apropros to chime in on the week's topic.

Petit-Duc Bateau, not from the men's collex but surely would qualify as "masculine", at least as patterns and colorways go
I have a soft spot for red scarves.
Beautiful design with a wonderful summery vibe, perfect for the sunny days many of us are experiencing.
Thank you very much, @orchard!
Aw, thank you @Cookiefiend!

This is just wonderful-- love the scarf, the vest, the tee shirt-- the whole look and I thank you for encouraging me to consider the cotton scarves as well @Redbirdhermes.

Thank you @Lellabelle-- I don't know that I love it enough to seek it out solely for the format, but if the design were one I loved and a medium losange were the only option, that would be of interest. I am glad I was encouraged to try it out.

This design is so charming and the color is just lovely on you @SusieAugusta -- I was not that familiar with it until you introduced this a few months ago but it immediately made me go look! Glad you are feeling better...

:hugs: and thank you @Lellabelle-- my favorite neutral!

This is an amazing outfit from earrings to scarf to (skirt?pants?) -- fabulous graphic op art look @Cookiefiend and you are right. Black and white is a universal pairing.

Oh, my-- this cw really makes this design show so beautifully @scarf1-- congratulations. Just gorgeous. Now I see why a Karnak moussie would be on anyone's Most Covetable wish list!

I adore this design and this cw is so very interesting with the bronze and red-- I absolutely think it is genius with the red shirt @hermesguy!

I totally agree @Maedi-- cannot resist the fluidity and joy in his designs. Thank you :hugs:

Thank you so much, @orchard-- don't know if we have a week of scarf styling for warm weather, but living in New Orleans in winter and Cape Cod in summer means finding some cooler options to wear them! I appreciate the compliment. Always a thrill when the colors just sing together as you know from your brilliant pattern combos! :flowers:
:hugs:
Well, the rest of the country is scorching but we are having quite unseasonably cool weather here in the Northeast. Today I paired a scarf from last fall's mens collection with a bright yellow top to bring it into the season. (Conclusion: it definitely prefers fall colors!) Like my scarf cousin @Snausages, I fell in love with the design Quatre Chevaux with four symbolic horseshoes superimposed on some stylized mythological figures (phoenix and dragon), land and sea creatures and flowers...
View attachment 5430798
You look so lovely and summery!
This simple silk losange was sold as a women's scarf, but I think it would work equally fine for the guys.

View attachment 5430841
View attachment 5430842

Introducing my Blason losange to help elevate a comfortable red t-shirt.

View attachment 5430843
Such an unusual format and cw!
Some of the men's scarves are my favorites!

This cashmere/silk 100 Aaaaargh! has gotten most of my scarf compliments, though that may be because I practically lived in it this winter:
View attachment 5430873

And I very much love cotton/silk for summer, though it's nice year-round. This 100 Carrick Bend was supposed to come out for S/S 2020 but then stuff happened. I was thrilled to find it in Lisbon last fall:
View attachment 5430876
Oh, that Carrick hass wonderful cool colours! Looks great on you!
Let's talk about formats today. The men's collex usually features more long formats like mufflers and losanges, as well as the slightly larger 100cm. So how about long formats in the ladies collex? Stoles are not that far off from opera scarves but since most guys are not as sartorially adventurous as Harry Styles or Boy George, I don't think this particular stole would work:
La Rosee
View attachment 5430927
But how about this one? Colours are less bright and the pattern more traditional. A guy would use this, I think.
Empire C'est la Paix
View attachment 5430928
For the average guy, bright colours would still work in small pops of cheer. H subverts the norm with its array of whimsical ties and pocket squares in vivid colours like lime and fuschia. Some of my favourite scarves from the men's collex are in a delightful cherry red. I don't think men would wear their pocket squares in pairs like I prefer, but a smaller format like a 70 and in a material like cotton would be quite acceptable for DH even if it's bright and floral. I could definitely persuade him to wear this for the Lunar New Year :lol:
Flora Graeca
View attachment 5430929
Or a 90 in a neutral cw of the decidedly "pretty" design Les Pivoines would look quite smart with a suit.
View attachment 5430930
I thought the one format which would be too feminine to cross the gender divide would be moussies. Light, floaty, dreamy wisps of silken confection...
But in a neat fold and compact knot, I'm no longer so sure. What do you think?
Queen Anne's Lace
View attachment 5430931
Such lovely stoles, esp. the Empire one. :loveeyes:
It’s a scorcher again here in the Midwest - perfect for the cotton and silk scarves.
This is a favorite - Filigrane :love:
View attachment 5431184
Absolutely perfect pattern mixing. Incredible.
Dragon Flash and Flamboyant Web are also on my wish list! I tried the navy FW losange and regret walking away.

TY! I find Aaaaargh completely amusing - makes me smile just thinking of it

There’s a green 600 Chevaux I long for as well as your Quatre Chevaux! Another one I regret walking away from.

TY and you do graphic designs so well! I adore that Filigrane (and the shirt!)

Lovely selections! Love that losange

Glad you’re feeling better and the contrast top makes that beautiful lavender pop!

This is just beautiful!

Stylish as always! May your ac run strong!

Twins on Aaaaargh - that was my first and is my favorite colorway. Love the green hem on the cotton

I envy your ability to tame the stole!
Awww, thank you so much, @Snausages!
Everyone is showing such beautiful cotton AND mens collection scarves. Bravo everyone! Loving them all. I haven’t worn a scarf in a bit so archive. I own no scarves from the mens side, but I think a man would wear Les Trophees in this gray. Sports trophies, race car, and an H orange football in here.
View attachment 5431310
Definitively could be worn by a man! I love this scarf!
View attachment 5431451View attachment 5431451In th US this week, and did not pack any men’s scarves. For travelling I wore Boogie Woogie, men’s colours, and inside the AC is so cold that scarves are needed later today.
You wear those neutrals so very well.
I have the same colourway of this scarf! It looks so lovely on you :love:
Dear @HermesHope, I know - you inspired me, and may I return the compliment? „Our“ scarf looks wonderful on you!
I have one scarf from the men’s collection: Sweet Dreams…

View attachment 5431455
WHat a very beautiful scarf!
This morning I am giving Mr. Bones a day of summer sunshine. Normally he resides quite comfortably in the neighborhood of my autumn scarves but as it is originally a men's double face, and we are having lovely cool almost autumn temperature weather, here he is on the blue side...
View attachment 5431482
Love the combo with the white trousers, the striped shirt and that scarf!
I'm wearing a pair of pocket squares today that I first saw in a posting by @xincinsin , our Scarf Mistress for the week. My scarves are, to quote her, "L'Annee des Etoiles and a gav that depicts the constellations that first appeared on Hemispherium Coeli Boreale with a border of ships".

View attachment 5431243

I had a childhood love of astronomy that has never faded, and so I share the love of starry scarves. (I also got to watch the finale of Obi-Wan Kenobi this morning, so I had even more Star [War]s to begin my day.)

View attachment 5431513
WOW - how‘s that for colour coordinating????

As I may have mentioned once or twice :giggle:, while I love seeing others wearing scarves that are predominantly black, I don‘t like them on me. I think that the sometimes harsh contrast between black and other colours, especially white, don‘t help me. Consequently I gave up on the idea of ever owning a black scarf. Until a while ago this one popped up at a very reasonable price, and I snapped it up, because I was sure this one would work for me, plus I love the design. Guess what, I am very very content with this scarf. Finally a black one that I an wear - and it could easily be worn by a man!

SOTD: A Propos de Bottes.
3DFA62B1-7EA9-4169-AE46-81BB3862FEA1.jpeg2B91D2A7-D0EF-46E2-80B8-50ED84E25F63.jpeg

As I may have mentioned once or twice :giggle:, while I love seeing others wearing scarves that are predominantly black, I don‘t like them on me. I think that the sometimes harsh contrast between black and other colours, especially white, don‘t help me. Consequently I gave up on the idea of ever owning a black scarf. Until a while ago this one popped up at a very reasonable price, and I snapped it up, because I was sure this one would work for me, plus I love the design. Guess what, I am very very content with this scarf. Finally a black one that I an wear - and it could easily be worn by a man!

View attachment 5431681View attachment 5431683
Lovely scarf. That is one Xavier de Poret that I have been avoiding due to the lack of critters. I may need to rethink my position. You look lovely in it.

You wear black well. And, I would easily incorporate this colorway and pattern into my "rotation". I was partial to black scarves for a long time, but now enjoy putting a bit of brightness and color out there.

Oh, but this looks wonderful on you, @SusieAugusta ! A perfect choice of top too. I love how your necklace mirrors the braided leather in the design as well…

Another absolutely fabulous look! :woot:
Love this look! The red stripes are amazing. Wow! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:
Thank you @Cookiefiend and @Lellabelle!
I'm wearing a pair of pocket squares today that I first saw in a posting by @xincinsin , our Scarf Mistress for the week. My scarves are, to quote her, "L'Annee des Etoiles and a gav that depicts the constellations that first appeared on Hemispherium Coeli Boreale with a border of ships".

View attachment 5431243

I had a childhood love of astronomy that has never faded, and so I share the love of starry scarves. (I also got to watch the finale of Obi-Wan Kenobi this morning, so I had even more Star [War]s to begin my day.)

View attachment 5431513
I love this gav pairing @Redbirdhermes-- "the love of starry scarves" is one I share too!
Thank you for the Pierre love. I know you are a Pierre fan so I highly recommend adding one of these to your collection. There is a colorway for everyone. The border in some cw’s is really great.

as said above, love this with the red/navy stripe! Fitting right in w a nautical look on the coast on this fairly chilly New England day haha. I wish we had more of these days in summer haha.

Yes!!!! Thanks for the validation! I’ll keep an eye out for you :graucho:. This was my first eBay scarf and one of my first ten H scarves. Had to have it with the sports theme. And VERY reasonably priced.
Thank you @Nomad for the Pierre Marie encouragement! He's on my "Approved Purchase List" so if I find the perfect one, I will hop in a boat and row off Ban Island...
You look so lovely and summery!
Love the combo with the white trousers, the striped shirt and that scarf!
Thank you @SusieAugusta! We are having beach weather cool enough for scarves! A win-win, as they say.

It is beautiful on you-- a very elegant black, but still a touch of fun in the details. Congratulations @SusieAugusta-- I hope it is not your last black silk...

Last edited:
I took my Awooo out for a beach walk this morning. This scarf is definitely a "workhorse" in my collection. It is perfect for cool mornings, early evenings, chilly movie theaters and frigid supermarkets! Just noticed my sweatshirt features a black dog-- not quite a wolf, but a canine cousin :biggrin: Joining the "pack" of lupine twins and sisters...
IMG_2041.jpg

Last edited:
Lovethem both, but Carrick is fantastic! Those cool colors!

Thank you - it's the same super-minty green as in my black/white/green Jeu de Soie, but I think the blues calm it down a bit. :smile:

Twins on Aaaaargh - that was my first and is my favorite colorway. Love the green hem on the cotton

Thanks! I love how the scale texture works in the grays!

These are my favortite two colorations of these designs @FizzyWater -- and what a lucky find to have a Lisbon memento with a lovely green hem!

Thank you! I have to say this the only Carrick Bend I've seen in real life and lucked out that it was the one I wanted. If I ever run into the red/blue one it might come home with me someday. :smile:

These look so easy to wear! Love the hem in bend.

Thank you, they really are! The hems on both elevate them...

Oh, that Carrick hass wonderful cool colours! Looks great on you!

Isn't it just summer in a scarf? :smile: Thank you!

I took my Awooo out for a beach walk this morning. This scarf is definitely a "workhorse" in my collection. It is perfect for cool mornings, early evenings, chilly movie theaters and frigid supermarkets! Just noticed my sweatshirt features a black dog-- not quite a wolf, but a canine cousin :biggrin: Joining the "pack" of lupine twins and sisters...
View attachment 5432110

Twins! I first bought the brown version, but this one is just so spectacular...

And grey and blue geeky scarves:

I work in the computer industry, with something of an A/V focus (which has done nothing for my photography skills so far, sorry) so I had to own Glitch:
glitch.JPG

And had to own Memoire Vive:
memoire.JPG

And... Last Night:
last-night.JPG

But the geekiest of all my scarves is this one. As I was trying to catch up to the thread, I came across @LKBNOLA 's great intro of the golden ratio - https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-wearing-today.1048838/page-404#post-35104033 - and was desperately frustrated to be too late to point out that Hermes has a whole scarf about it!!! I present Nombre d'Or:
nombre-dor.JPG

View attachment 5431243

View attachment 5431513
Lovely combination, so fresh and summery!!

View attachment 5431243

View attachment 5431513
holy guacamole - what a fabulous pairing... everything is awesome...

(omg - I just gave myself another ear worm...
"Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When you're living out a dream... "
Lego movie
:lol:

I love this scarf - and think the black is the best cw - congratulations!!
It's awesome!
<cue the music>
View attachment 5432110
Gorgeous! Wow... accidental wolf pairing = awesome!
I've realized that aside from Aaaaargh! all of my 100s are either grey or blue, and either animal-themed or geeky. So, animals!

A blue wolf in Awooooo!:
View attachment 5432159

Grey snaaaakes in Caducee Rock:
View attachment 5432162

and (a bit of a stretch) blue snakes-and-ladders (and people and horseys on them!) in Bains d'Hermes:
View attachment 5432163
And grey and blue geeky scarves:

I work in the computer industry, with something of an A/V focus (which has done nothing for my photography skills so far, sorry) so I had to own Glitch:
View attachment 5432167

And had to own Memoire Vive:
View attachment 5432168

And... Last Night:
View attachment 5432169

But the geekiest of all my scarves is this one. As I was trying to catch up to the thread, I came across @LKBNOLA 's great intro of the golden ratio - https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-wearing-today.1048838/page-404#post-35104033 - and was desperately frustrated to be too late to point out that Hermes has a whole scarf about it!!! I present Nombre d'Or:
View attachment 5432170
OH MY GOSH Fizzy - these are two (dare I say it? O'course I do!) awesome posts!
(how cool though is that Nombre d'Or?!? :faint:)
Twinning with @FizzyWater today with Carrick Bend, a men’s cotton-silk 100 scarf.

View attachment 5432268
Super cool! The light is adding to the cool color factor - it's awesome!

(I'll stop now... while Everything *is* awesome, y'all will ban me pretty soon! :roflmfao:)

Status
Not open for further replies.